BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oliver Holt

PAFELL

Oliver Holt has recently had a pop at people using message boards having a racsit attitude towards Paul Ince. This tells me that he has been coming onto this board to read posts. BUT I have never ever seen anything posted on here with regards to the colour of Paul Ince's skin.

Oliver Holt - you should be charged with inciting race hatred.

The supporters of Blackburn Rovers are NOT concerned about the colour of Paul Ince or any other managers skin.

The concern is ONLY can the manager do the job that he has been appointed to do.

Sadly the answer with regards to Paul Ince he is NOT READY to manage a premiership club.

He has yet to complete his coaching badges, he fails to turn up for the courses. He needs time to learn more, maybe under somebody more experienced.

Although he has managed - for a brief while in the lower divisions, it was not long enough. He was promoted too early.

To say Rovers supporters want Paul Ince sacked because of the colour of his skin is a disgrace on your part, a statement without ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER. What you are doing is stirring up race hatred against Blackburn Rovers Football club, it supporters as well as against Paul Ince. You are not doing the race issue any good whatsoever. The only one with an issue with regards to the colour of Paul Ince is YOU.

Your statement claiming Rovers want rid of Paul Ince because of his skin colour shows you to be what you are - a gutter reporter - you shame the paper you write for - and your profession. On this message board there has been some good healthy debates about the merits or otherwise of Paul Ince as a manager ONLY. This has been going on since Paul Ince was appointed as Blackburn Rovers manager.

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE TO SPOIL THIS DEBATE, BRINGING COLOUR INTO IT. because it is NOT an issue that has ever concerned Rovers supporters.

Rovers supporters hope Paul Ince is one day able to further his management ambitions - but today he is not ready for that task and for the sake of Blackburn Rovers as well as the future of Paul Ince's career in management, he should be dismissed. You also should be dismissed from your job for stirring up race hatred against Blackburn Rovers football club and its supporters.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oliver Holt has recently had a pop at people using message boards having a racsit attitude towards Paul Ince. This tells me that he has been coming onto this board to read posts. BUT I have never ever seen anything posted on here with regards to the colour of Paul Ince's skin.

Oliver Holt - you should be charged with inciting race hatred.

The supporters of Blackburn Rovers are NOT concerned about the colour of Paul Ince or any other managers skin.

The concern is ONLY can the manager do the job that he has been appointed to do.

Sadly the answer with regards to Paul Ince he is NOT READY to manage a premiership club.

He has yet to complete his coaching badges, he fails to turn up for the courses. He needs time to learn more, maybe under somebody more experienced.

Although he has managed - for a brief while in the lower divisions, it was not long enough. He was promoted too early.

To say Rovers supporters want Paul Ince sacked because of the colour of his skin is a disgrace on your part, a statement without ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER. What you are doing is stirring up race hatred against Blackburn Rovers Football club, it supporters as well as against Paul Ince. You are not doing the race issue any good whatsoever. The only one with an issue with regards to the colour of Paul Ince is YOU.

Your statement claiming Rovers want rid of Paul Ince because of his skin colour shows you to be what you are - a gutter reporter - you shame the paper you write for - and your profession. On this message board there has been some good healthy debates about the merits or otherwise of Paul Ince as a manager ONLY. This has been going on since Paul Ince was appointed as Blackburn Rovers manager.

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE TO SPOIL THIS DEBATE, BRINGING COLOUR INTO IT. because it is NOT an issue that has ever concerned Rovers supporters.

Rovers supporters hope Paul Ince is one day able to further his management ambitions - but today he is not ready for that task and for the sake of Blackburn Rovers as well as the future of Paul Ince's career in management, he should be dismissed. You also should be dismissed from your job for stirring up race hatred against Blackburn Rovers football club and its supporters.

Here Here! lazy journalism and action should be taken against him!

Hope he comes to Blackburn soon!

The fact of the matter is Ince isnt a great manager and that has nothing to do with colour!

We have black players they dont get singled out for their colour!

Guest Kamy100

I am pretty sure that the rubbish that he came out with today morning was fed to him by Ince's mate at the mirror Williams.

I urge everyone to e-mail Holt and the editor of the Mirror because this is a terrible slant on OUR fans, with the inference that the only reason that the fans are on Ince's back is because of his colour.

I read another article this weekend in one of the papers, not by Holt, saying there was a lack of black players during the Walker era at BRFC. It was on the newsnow..... can't find it though..... it was suggesting the same sort of nonsense.

This guy doesn't deserve his own thread on here. Holt is trying to divert attention away from the mis-management of our football team and create a situation whereby he can blame fans.

I read another article this weekend in one of the papers, not by Holt, saying there was a lack of black players during the Walker era at BRFC. It was on the newsnow..... can't find it though..... it was suggesting the same sort of nonsense.

Yawn, more lazy "journalism" attacking a man who cannot defend himself. Holt has done this himself in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if some copy editor has dragged it out to support Holt's agenda.

HOLT OUT!

Proof of the pudding ...... Its an absolutely impossible arguement against a team that won the Prem. That was done on merit over a season and had sweet FA to do with skin colour.

The traunch of black players toward the end of the JW era however hardly provides an argument that the black players brought much to the party though. Blake, Dahlin, Yorke and Cole are not remembered for their superb team spirit and work ethic are they?

I am pretty sure that the rubbish that he came out with today morning was fed to him by Ince's mate at the mirror Williams.

I urge everyone to e-mail Holt and the editor of the Mirror because this is a terrible slant on OUR fans, with the inference that the only reason that the fans are on Ince's back is because of his colour.

Do you have the relevant email addresses Kamy?

Wasn't Oliver Holt the person who declared us racist a few years ago because we didn't happen to have a black 1st team player at one point? If that's the case, virtually every club in Britain is racist towards Asians, xenophobic towards Canadians and has a suspicion of people from places like Turkmenistan, Guyana and Nepal.

Guest Kamy100
Do you have the relevant email addresses Kamy?

Oliver Holt - oliver.holt@mirror.co.uk

Sports Editor - dan.silver@mirror.co.uk

Do you mean Darren Lewis?

Yup that is the one Darren Lewis, I am pretty sure all of these stories are coming from him, I can bet there be a load more in the Mirror in support of Ince tomorrow morning, media being used to crank up the pressure on Rovers board.

It just shows the level hes at when hes checking messageboards for stories!

The man is a joke, another journo who thinks that football starts and stops in London!

He hasnt given any quotes that are deemed to be racist!

He needs a good slap!

Make an orderly que...................................Here!

Just be careful what you say in the emails. Holt is covering himself, by saying that INCE thinks the racists are out to get him. He doesn't actually say that HE thinks there are racists behind all of this.

On SSN he does!

Just be careful what you say in the emails. Holt is covering himself, by saying that INCE thinks the racists are out to get him. He doesn't actually say that HE thinks there are racists behind all of this.

He did not cover himself so well in this article....

Is racism to blame for Paul Ince getting a rough ride at Blackburn, asks Oliver Holt

If this is all stuff stirred up by the contacts and pals of Ince...then does that not mean that Ince knows about these articles and is happy for them to be published if it means giving him a bit of extra time?

Even at the expense of the reputation of Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

I maybe shouldn't have posted that last post, because I know exactly what he's up to. He's throwing the race card in there. In the interview posted on here though, - doesn't he suggest that Ince thinks it's the racists within the fans on the m/b's etc, that are making life difficult for him? That does cover him to a small extent?

And indeed his own reputation FLB? Hiding behind his race is a pretty desperate and shabby thing to do, if indeed he is doing it.

You know who else has used the race card to deflect accusations of incompetence, corruption and bad behaviour? Robert Mugabe. People like Holt are too laboured with 'white man's guilt' to see any black man as crap. Either that or he has found a cheap and easy stick to beat a club he hates.

i can't wait for Wigan, I think Ince will be incharge and providing there is a win or lose, there will be an outcome to please most fans

but the table does not lie, Ince is obviously doing something very wrong.

this paper talk is rubbish, Ince is a winner all through his career, he knows that he has to win and win fast, racism has nothing to do with it

I maybe shouldn't have posted that last post, because I know exactly what he's up to. He's throwing the race card in there. In the interview posted on here though, - doesn't he suggest that Ince thinks it's the racists within the fans on the m/b's etc, that are making life difficult for him? That does cover him to a small extent?

He starts by saying that but then further in the interview he states it as his opinion.

And indeed his own reputation FLB? Hiding behind his race is a pretty desperate and shabby thing to do, if indeed he is doing it.

I dont know and I would like to think not.

However the majority of the claims all wind up at the door of The Mirror. The one paper we know for certain that Ince has links to a journo.

The same paper, and friend of Ince, that published this about the club in the summer when JW was ummming and ahhhing...

Why Blackburn should hurry up and appoint Ince

"It seems as though the board at Blackburn are enjoying their moment in the sun a little bit too much for my liking."

"For the love of.,. What are they trying to prove? That the job of bossing mid-table, never-gonna-achieve-anything Blackburn was the most sought after in Europe?

Do they think they are Real Madrid or that Chelsea, and that bosses have been trampled in the rush trying to get the job that Mark Hughes didn't want?"

Why are we even entertaining this Holt muppet on here. If he thinks its a racial thing, then he is a right old idiot. We have far more pressing issues to discuss on here,and that is what is happening to our club right now.

For anybody who didn't see the plonker Mr Holt on Sky Sports earlier, when he complained that the criticism of Ince by Rovers fans is "colour-driven", you can see a video of the idiot talking about it at the link below on the right-hand side of the page.

Link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12382_4605175,00.html

The other chap in the video is the Times journalist Matt Dickinson, who on the one hand says it was wrong for Rovers to have appointed a manager like Ince who lacked coaching qualifications and wasn't equipped for the Rovers job - which I agree with him about, but on the other hand Dickinson seems to suggest that sacking Ince would be harsh.

It strikes me that Dickinson can't have it both ways. If the Rovers board conclude that Ince isn't the right man to be manager and isn't equipped for the job as Dickinson says, then the Rovers board have no choice but to sack him.

I was also disappointed by a BBC interview from Jonathan Pearce after Saturday's game. I quite like Pearce and I was saddened when his eight-month-old baby niece Lily died. I sent Jonathan a letter of condolence and a donation to the Mitochondrial Disease charity which he ran for in the London Marathon earlier this year.

It was disappointing though to watch Pearce's interview with Ince on Saturday, in which he also questioned whether Ince is being criticised because he's a black man.

Link to Pearce interview here

People like Holt are too laboured with 'white man's guilt' to see any black man as crap.

I absolutely agree with you Billy. This type of attitude is sadly all too prevalent within the liberal media, the trendy teaching profession, social services and other areas of our daily lives from the soppy softies who still think that 200 years on from black slavery we should all be weeping into our tissues and saying how ashamed we all are about it. Slavery had nowt to do with me, so why should I apologise for something that I didn't do?

Oliver Holt, a soppy Mancunian and former motor racing journalist, seems to hate Rovers with a passion. His 'white man's guilt' means he makes sweeping statements about "racism" with no facts to back it up.

Why can't some of the pundits and commentators realise that there's a lot of criticism about Paul Ince at the moment because we're on a disastrous run of no wins in ten Premiership games, with comfortably the worst defensive record in the Premiership with 31 goals conceded so far?

Rovers fans are criticising Ince because he appears out of his depth as a Premiership manager, without the coaching qualifications and without the right backroom team.

Just 3 points from our last 30 is a dreadful record. It's clearly relegation form and Rovers are in serious danger of crashing out of the Premiership. That's why Ince is being criticised at the moment. For similar reasons Juande Ramos was criticised by Spurs fans for his disastrous results and he lost his job when the Spurs board feared the consequences of relegation. Sacking Ramos seems to have worked for Spurs, with an improvement in their fortunes under Redknapp.

Perhaps Oliver Holt thinks the criticism of Ramos was xenophobic against the Spanish - or maybe he just wants to have a pop at Rovers fans.

The traunch of black players toward the end of the JW era however hardly provides an argument that the black players brought much to the party though. Blake, Dahlin, Yorke and Cole are not remembered for their superb team spirit and work ethic are they?

Indeed Gordon, and it's perhaps fortunate that Rovers don't have a man like the former Crystal Palace chairman Ron Noades on the board at Ewood Park, otherwise Holt would have had a field day with our club.

Mr Noades in the 1990s suggested that black players didn't like the cold weather, were no good in the winter and needed to have white men in the side around them to provide some "common sense and brains" to the team. His words, not mine.

There was a little bit of a hoo-hah in the media to the comments from Ron Noades, but God forbid if he had been the Blackburn chairman in the 1990s saying those comments back then. I suspect there would have been a hysterical outcry in the media and calls for Noades to be charged with inciting racial hatred.

Archived