BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oliver Holt

PAFELL

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very well put Anti-Euro. we have slipped on a banana skin in appointing Ince as he is both black and crap (was the use of the word 'banana' racist?). Therefore if we were to dump him tomorrow, the likes of Holt will use the race card, and we are still in the poo. Oops, poo is brown so I'm obviously implying all black people are full of ____. Oh dear I must go to Bristol and give £100 and a written apology to any black person who passes by. It's a good thing I'm not half Arab, otherwise I'd have to be feeling doubly guilty, and hand out money to white people from Devon and Cornwall too.

Therefore if we were to dump him tomorrow, the likes of Holt will use the race card, and we are still in the poo.

Why has it not occurred to these pontificating ponces within the press and media that if BRFC were a racist club then why tf did we appoint him in the first place?

I have never heard a more ludicrous accusation than that made by Oliver Holt.

Most Rovers fans would be ecstatic if Ince could keep us in this League and many have waited for him to be judged on results. Fact is they are not good enough and he has to carry the can. Simple facts of management. Or does the Mirror adopt a different policy with is employees and keep all the crap ones, no matter how much their circulation dips?

This guy doesn't deserve his own topic.

I have to agree. However, if the intellectually challenged Holt had to present evidence for his statement on messageboards and phone ins, where would he start?

There has been no racism on here as regards Ince's unsuitability for the manager's job. There has been none on rovers.co.uk ( Lee Grooby wouldn't have allowed that).

As regards phone ins, well, surely if racism had reared it's ugly head then it would be common knowledge to all. The radio stations would have been apologetic to it's listeners. There would have been a big stink.

Therefore, I can only conclude that Holt has his own warped agenda. He truly is an odious man. Or excuse for a man.

OLIVER HOLT IS A PRICK!!! (Hope your reading Oliver)

The reason fans have gone against Ince is because we have turned from a team that finished 7th, to a team 1 point off the bottom. We have gained 3 points in 30 (Something like that), we are out of the league cup, our team has been terrible at defending and also Ince has signed a muppet name Fowler. Take that as black, white or Blue I really dont give a flying.

Also incase you forgot, we are the only club to appoint a black manager, does that make us the racist one, or does that mean the other 19 are racist?

OLIVER HOLT IS A MUPPET!!!

Let's hope Holt hasn't been reading this and other posts from the Neanderthal two, or should that be three?

Am I one of those then? I'll throw a spear at you if you mean me.

Re Thenodrog: White man's guilt=Oliver Holt may be one of those annoying white people who thinks we should constantly say sorry to black people for the slave trade despite some of the sellers and midle men being black or Arab, that the Arabs captured white people from the west country and continued to trade after William Wilberforce's actions. There is also a point that we were all not around in the 1800's, and that not all our anscestors were involved.

The Daily Stars Brian Woolnough yet another doughnut this morning to suggest racism should not be ruled out regarding the possible sacking of Ince.

''Whether that campaign is driven by the board, a section of fans, his own players or critics, it will take a miracle for him to survive what is happening at Ewood Park.

We must also not rule out racism because, as has been proved this season, it remains around in the game and has reared its ugly head on a number of occasions''

:angry:

The Daily Stars Brian Woolnough yet another doughnut this morning to suggest racism should not be ruled out regarding the possible sacking of Ince.

''Whether that campaign is driven by the board, a section of fans, his own players or critics, it will take a miracle for him to survive what is happening at Ewood Park.

We must also not rule out racism because, as has been proved this season, it remains around in the game and has reared its ugly head on a number of occasions''

:angry:

Daily Star! hahahahaha!

Maybe its sexist there paper is covered in tits? including the one writing this article!

Sky Sports news have been running a very pro-Ince feature today. Chris Sutton saying Ince should be given more time, and a selection of Rovers fans outside Ewood who either blame the players, lack of money or just bad luck (muppet!) - anything except Ince!!! Cant help thinking that was careful editing rather than an accurate reflection of opinion.

The BBC also went with a pro-Ince piece on Inside Sport with Gaby Logan last Monday. If there's anything at all in Oliver Holt's suggestion that race has a part to play in this then its the media giving Ince an easy ride because he's black and they're desperate to see a black manager succeed in the Premiership. They enjoy this argument that blacks arent given a chance, but forget that John Barnes was absolute pants as a manager at Celtic, Jean Tigana didnt do much at Fulham, Ruud Gullit came and went without fanfare at Newcastle. Viv Anderson wasnt up to much as an assistant manager & if he had been would no doubt have become a Premiership manager. Its nothing to do with race and a lack of opportunities for black people - those days are gone, even though the London-centric media like to suggest otherwise. It's about results, and Ince's results are so poor that the media should be reflecting this with features calling for him to be sacked. Wonder why theyre not?....

In spite of what Smithy et al desire Holt's motivation to be (liberal guilt...'black slavery'...'trendy teachers'...won't someone think of the children!), it is in fact nothing more than gutter journalism from a tabloid hack (I'm referring to Holt, not Smithy). Anyone delving deeper than that is wasting their time.

Sky Sports news have been running a very pro-Ince feature today. Chris Sutton saying Ince should be given more time, and a selection of Rovers fans outside Ewood who either blame the players, lack of money or just bad luck (muppet!) - anything except Ince!!! Cant help thinking that was careful editing rather than an accurate reflection of opinion.

The BBC also went with a pro-Ince piece on Inside Sport with Gaby Logan last Monday. If there's anything at all in Oliver Holt's suggestion that race has a part to play in this then its the media giving Ince an easy ride because he's black and they're desperate to see a black manager succeed in the Premiership. They enjoy this argument that blacks arent given a chance, but forget that John Barnes was absolute pants as a manager at Celtic, Jean Tigana didnt do much at Fulham, Ruud Gullit came and went without fanfare at Newcastle. Viv Anderson wasnt up to much as an assistant manager & if he had been would no doubt have become a Premiership manager. Its nothing to do with race and a lack of opportunities for black people - those days are gone, even though the London-centric media like to suggest otherwise. It's about results, and Ince's results are so poor that the media should be reflecting this with features calling for him to be sacked. Wonder why theyre not?....

It's more to do with it not being your own Club I think.

If Ince was manager at any other club, I'd be saying "yeah, he's only a young manager gaining experience, give him time." Likewise it's easy for every commentator in the land to say that morally we should stick with him come what may.

When it's your own club facing relegation it's a different kettle of fish entirely.

I was amazed when someone on here said Winterburn had said Ince should get 2-3 seasons. Firstly as a Club employee he shouldn't have been commenting, secondly, would he be saying the same if Ince was in exactly the same position at Arsenal?

As for the fans coming out of the ground, one of the guy's interviewed was one of thenodrog's friends. I think he thought we played well enough on the day and possibly didn't appreciate having a camera stuck under his nose the minute he left the ground.

I certainly wouldn't have anyway.

Personally I want Ince to remain as the manager as he needs times. But if we dont win on Saturday the writings on the wall for him. I have not yet once heard or seen a Rovers supporter say they want Ince sacked due to the colour of his skin. This is totally bang out of order by this journalist.

Here's the elephant in the kitchen for me on this issue. Every one of our managers since King Kenny took us into the bottom three at some stage, and all for longer than the 2 weeks we have resided there under Ince. Also, some of the falls from grace were steeper and more unexpected:

- Harford (using Den's definition) decided to sell Shearer - Shearer ffs - and recruited the likes of Holmes, Donis and Fenton. We went from Champions of England to bottom of the league in 18 months.

- Hodgson took us from top of the league when we won 3-1 at Highbury to bottom within 12 months, recruiting the likes of Blake for 4 million (must be equiv to 8 million today given inflation in transfer fees)

- Kidd took us to the lower reaches of the Championship recruiting a cartload of donkeys.

While all three managers prompted fan discontent, none received the kind of vitriolic, hateful abuse that Ince has engendered from some posters on this messageboard.

I have heard no rational explanation why this would be so. While people may be of the opinion that he is a far worse manager, doing far more damage to the club than the aformentioned, the facts say that we have been through similar if not worse several times before. Yet Ince is being vilified more than the three of them put together. That is what people outside the club would not understand and would prompt them to look for other explanations.

If you don't like what Holt writes, then we need some posters to stop giving him reasons to write it.

Here's the elephant in the kitchen for me on this issue. Every one of our managers since King Kenny took us into the bottom three at some stage, and all for longer than the 2 weeks we have resided there under Ince. Also, some of the falls from grace were steeper and more unexpected:

- Harford (using Den's definition) decided to sell Shearer - Shearer ffs - and recruited the likes of Holmes, Donis and Fenton. We went from Champions of England to bottom of the league in 18 months.

- Hodgson took us from top of the league when we won 3-1 at Highbury to bottom within 12 months, recruiting the likes of Blake for 4 million (must be equiv to 8 million today given inflation in transfer fees)

- Kidd took us to the lower reaches of the Championship recruiting a cartload of donkeys.

While all three managers prompted fan discontent, none received the kind of vitriolic, hateful abuse that Ince has engendered from some posters on this messageboard.

I have heard no rational explanation why this would be so. While people may be of the opinion that he is a far worse manager, doing far more damage to the club than the aformentioned, the facts say that we have been through similar if not worse several times before. Yet Ince is being vilified more than the three of them put together. That is what people outside the club would not understand and would prompt them to look for other explanations.

If you don't like what Holt writes, then we need some posters to stop giving him reasons to write it.

It's the timescale we have to work on though. I think Ince would be given more time and might not even have needed it if, as someone else has posted, the transfer window was not in operation. We can't wait to see if he comes good because we have to make the decisions about who to buy and sell in the next week or two and get the business out of the way before the end of January. In the days when you could buy and sell more or less whenever we might not have been in this situation because we could have replaced injured or sold players over the last couple of months and if we were in this position we could be looking at changing personnel over a period of months not weeks. I don't hate Ince. I've supported him as far as possible but the fact is that if we are to make a change the transfer window makes it imperative that the change is made swiftly and efficiently to give us the best chance of survival.

Sign of times EIT-not just in football either. A generation brought up on instant answers, food, gratification etc.

Archived