BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oliver Holt

PAFELL

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<_<Could you please for once just ignore the colour of Paul Ince's skin like the majority on here and try to look on him as just another bloke? It'd really benefit your health in the long run I'm sure.

I couldn't give a sausage what colour his skin is.

It's totally, absolutely irrelevant. Just as mark hughes' Welsh nationality was irrelevant.

There's just one discriminator, and that is ability to do the job.

Holt calls for racist Rovers to be banned from Premiership

Daily Mirror sports writer Oliver Holt has launched another fierce attack on Blackburn Rovers, accusing the club of being "institutionally racist".

Holt has cited a number of examples of instances where he believes the club have demonstrated racism. Holt told Sky Sports News today: "I was horrified to be told that one of the refreshment kiosks at Ewood Park still serves black coffee. In this day and age it should be standard practice to serve 'coffee without milk'. Allowing the sale of 'black coffee' is a clear example of racism from the club."

Holt said: "It's well known that all Blackburn fans wear flat caps and BNP t-shirts. But one of the most obvious examples of racism from their supporters is that in the county of Lancashire they like to eat black pudding. I find it hugely offensive that in the 21st century there are still people willing to buy and sell such obviously racist food."

Holt said: "The biggest example of racism from the club and the reason why I am calling on Blackburn Rovers to be relegated and permanently banned from the Premiership is the name of their club itself. It's an obvious racist name. I thought we had reached a point in our modern society where phrases like 'black sheep', 'black mark' and the 'black economy' were rightly condemned as racist. For the club to call themselves Blackburn Rovers is incredibly offensive."

Holt continued: "At my daughter's nursery school the teachers have rightly decided to change the words of 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' to 'Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep' to avoid being offensive. I'm calling on Blackburn Rovers to immediately change their name to Rainbowburn Rovers or face expulsion from the Premier League."

Wiping away a tear, Holt told Sky Sports: "The name of Blackburn Rovers is insulting to the thousands of black slaves who died in the ships trading sugar in the British Empire. I've written to the Prime Minister, the Home Secretary, the head of the FA and to Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore calling on them to have Rovers permanently expelled from the Premiership unless they change their name to Rainbowburn Rovers."

Holt has cited other examples where he believes the club is racist. "They may have a black manager, but how many black directors have they got on their board? Over the years their drummers have always tended to be white. Why can't they play African steel drums, wear Bob Marley wigs and be able to smoke weed at matches?"

Holt continued: "I remember back in the 1980s coming to Ewood Park as an away fan and listening to a terrible racist song they played over the PA system. The name of the group was racist - the announcer said it was by 'Black Lace' and it had disgusting racist lyrics 'Push pineapple, shake the tree'. I left the ground in tears when I heard the racist lyrics."

Holt said: "That wasn't the worst example of racism that I've heard from the Ewood PA system though. I remember back in the 1990s being outraged when they played a song and then said it was by 'The Monkeys'.

Holt said: "I immediately reported the PA announcer to the police. I said to the police officer that the disgusting racism over the tannoy shouldn't be tolerated."

Holt concluded his interview with Sky Sports saying: "I hope I've provided clear evidence of the disgraceful institutional racism at Ewood Park. The club needs to be permanently banned from the top flight. The directors should make sure though that they keep Paul Ince as manager."

"I don't care if the club go 10 games or 30 games without a win," said Holt. "If they sack Paul Ince it would be a disgrace. It doesn't matter about their results, if they become the first Premiership club to sack a Black British manager then the owners of the club should be charged with racism".

Daily Mirror sports writer Oliver Holt has launched another fierce attack on Blackburn Rovers, accusing the club of being "institutionally racist".

Holt has cited a number of examples of instances where he believes the club have demonstrated racism. Holt told Sky Sports News today: "I was horrified to be told that one of the refreshment kiosks at Ewood Park still serves black coffee. In this day and age it should be standard practice to serve 'coffee without milk'. Allowing the sale of 'black coffee' is a clear example of racism from the club."

Holt said: "It's well known that all Blackburn fans wear flat caps and BNP t-shirts. But one of the most obvious examples of racism from their supporters is that in the county of Lancashire they like to eat black pudding. I find it hugely offensive that in the 21st century there are still people willing to buy and sell such obviously racist food."

Holt said: "The biggest example of racism from the club and the reason why I am calling on Blackburn Rovers to be relegated and permanently banned from the Premiership is the name of their club itself. It's an obvious racist name. I thought we had reached a point in our modern society where phrases like 'black sheep', 'black mark' and the 'black economy' were rightly condemned as racist. For the club to call themselves Blackburn Rovers is incredibly offensive."

Holt continued: "At my daughter's nursery school the teachers have rightly decided to change the words of 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' to 'Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep' to avoid being offensive. I'm calling on Blackburn Rovers to immediately change their name to Rainbowburn Rovers or face expulsion from the Premier League."

Wiping away a tear, Holt told Sky Sports: "The name of Blackburn Rovers is insulting to the thousands of black slaves who died in the ships trading sugar in the British Empire. I've written to the Prime Minister, the Home Secretary, the head of the FA and to Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore calling on them to have Rovers permanently expelled from the Premiership unless they change their name to Rainbowburn Rovers."

Holt has cited other examples where he believes the club is racist. "They may have a black manager, but how many black directors have they got on their board? Over the years their drummers have always tended to be white. Why can't they play African steel drums, wear Bob Marley wigs and be able to smoke weed at matches?"

Holt continued: "I remember back in the 1980s coming to Ewood Park as an away fan and listening to a terrible racist song they played over the PA system. The name of the group was racist - the announcer said it was by 'Black Lace' and it had disgusting racist lyrics 'Push pineapple, shake the tree'. I left the ground in tears when I heard the racist lyrics."

Holt said: "That wasn't the worst example of racism that I've heard from the Ewood PA system though. I remember back in the 1990s being outraged when they played a song and then said it was by 'The Monkeys'.

Holt said: "I immediately reported the PA announcer to the police. I said to the police officer that the disgusting racism over the tannoy shouldn't be tolerated."

Holt concluded his interview with Sky Sports saying: "I hope I've provided clear evidence of the disgraceful institutional racism at Ewood Park. The club needs to be permanently banned from the top flight. The directors should make sure though that they keep Paul Ince as manager."

"I don't care if the club go 10 games or 30 games without a win," said Holt. "If they sack Paul Ince it would be a disgrace. It doesn't matter about their results, if they become the first Premiership club to sack a Black British manager then the owners of the club should be charged with racism".

Is that the best you can do? Completely and utterly pathetic. Playground stuff. Grow up.

For all the stick the Mail rightly gets, they got it spot on yesterday. This is from Des Kelly:

Colour is just a red herring in Ince case

Paul Ince is a black football manager.

I mention this as it probably hasn’t crossed your mind lately. I mention it because there is a flawed argument doing the rounds that claims the Blackburn Rovers manager is being put under pressure only because of the colour of his skin.

This might have been a factor before he was appointed to the job, but if anyone still regards it as an issue they are looking for excuses.

Nor does Ince’s own conspiracy theory — that he is victimised because of his Manchester United background — have any credence. It didn’t seem to cause too many problems for his predecessor at Ewood Park, Mark Hughes, did it?

Ince is feeling the heat because his team are losing. Any manager in the relegation zone who has gone 10 Premier League games without a win in a run dating back to September, including five successive defeats, would find themselves under scrutiny.

Ince obviously has the potential to do well and I hope he rides out the storm and emerges stronger because of it.

But, if he is sacked, it will be because the Blackburn board do not like the colour of the bank statements dropping through the club’s front door, not because of the colour of his previous club’s shirts or his skin.

Ince will be a victim of impatience, not prejudice.

Is that the best you can do? Completely and utterly pathetic. Playground stuff. Grow up.

My memory tells me that it's a long time now since the surgery Paul, but it's nice to see that you have made a complete recovery after your obviously successful operation to have all traces of sense of humour removed. :rolleyes::P

My memory tells me that it's a long time now since the surgery Paul, but it's nice to see that you have made a complete recovery after your obviously successful operation to have all traces of sense of humour removed. :rolleyes::P

Indeed - PM and his groupies were probably outraged when AliG first started spouting "IS it cos I is black?". Get a life you losers! Quit with the "nazis under the bed" paranoia :wacko:

Indeed - PM and his groupies were probably outraged when AliG first started spouting "IS it cos I is black?". Get a life you losers! Quit with the "nazis under the bed" paranoia :wacko:

Damage, I refer you back to my post in the Paul Ince thread when I made a comment about the fuss made over Ince being a black manager in the context of appointing a new manager from another planet. (Ince thread, p96). You went out of your way to outline how inappropriate you thought it was, despite it being nothing of the sort.

I also recall Thenodrog agreed with your view. Now I wonder, after reading the above posts where I understand you both think AESF's post is harmless (and I'm not necessarily disagreeing) , is this some kind of collective hypocrisy thing you two have going on, or did you temporarily fall of you high horses when you both posted?

Just wondered...

i hav wrote the mirror paper too complane with this artical - it is a slanderrous peace off tripe. that Holt dude is a nob

For all the stick the Mail rightly gets, they got it spot on yesterday. This is from Des Kelly:

Colour is just a red herring in Ince case

Paul Ince is a black football manager.

I mention this as it probably hasn’t crossed your mind lately. I mention it because there is a flawed argument doing the rounds that claims the Blackburn Rovers manager is being put under pressure only because of the colour of his skin.

This might have been a factor before he was appointed to the job, but if anyone still regards it as an issue they are looking for excuses.

Nor does Ince’s own conspiracy theory — that he is victimised because of his Manchester United background — have any credence. It didn’t seem to cause too many problems for his predecessor at Ewood Park, Mark Hughes, did it?

Ince is feeling the heat because his team are losing. Any manager in the relegation zone who has gone 10 Premier League games without a win in a run dating back to September, including five successive defeats, would find themselves under scrutiny.

Ince obviously has the potential to do well and I hope he rides out the storm and emerges stronger because of it.

But, if he is sacked, it will be because the Blackburn board do not like the colour of the bank statements dropping through the club’s front door, not because of the colour of his previous club’s shirts or his skin.

Ince will be a victim of impatience, not prejudice.

Can this be e-mailed to Oliver Holt?

Just read this tripe , you need to get out more matey, oh and cancel the Daily Mail.

I'm sure he's read it. Kelly used to be deputy editor of The Mirror, according to Private Eye this week, and took great pleasure in writing a column calling people who demanded Wenger be replaced a variety of names based around the theme of idiocy - aimed at his old "friend" Piers Morgan, who had written a column on the subject the day Arsenal beat Man U. Kelly's piece reads specifically like a dig at Holt.

Damage, I refer you back to my post in the Paul Ince thread when I made a comment about the fuss made over Ince being a black manager in the context of appointing a new manager from another planet. (Ince thread, p96). You went out of your way to outline how inappropriate you thought it was, despite it being nothing of the sort.

I also recall Thenodrog agreed with your view. Now I wonder, after reading the above posts where I understand you both think AESF's post is harmless (and I'm not necessarily disagreeing) , is this some kind of collective hypocrisy thing you two have going on, or did you temporarily fall of you high horses when you both posted?

Just wondered...

You are quite right - everyone is WAY too sensitive. I suppose at the time of the Neptunian comment I was more than a little upset that the whole "competence" issue was being hijacked by the race issue. I respectfully request that you forget about my previous post (I am far from perfect) and would suggest that neither your or aesf's posts are crass - just a little corny.

Having said all that, there ARE people posting that fail to see that aesf's post (like AliG's famous phrase) is directed at the "right on" set rather than any minority ethnic grouping!?

I'm sure he's read it. Kelly used to be deputy editor of The Mirror, according to Private Eye this week, and took great pleasure in writing a column calling people who demanded Wenger be replaced a variety of names based around the theme of idiocy - aimed at his old "friend" Piers Morgan, who had written a column on the subject the day Arsenal beat Man U. Kelly's piece reads specifically like a dig at Holt.

The Mirror have printed some pretty damning articles in the last week or so, don't know if everyone has seen them all.

I only read them online by the way - there's now way on God's green I would buy the rag.

Whats' this black hole that has been discovered in the milky way,

is it where Paul Ince is taking us?

Why don't people just refer to Paul Ince as a football manager, he is part of the human race is he not?

You are quite right - everyone is WAY too sensitive. I suppose at the time of the Neptunian comment I was more than a little upset that the whole "competence" issue was being hijacked by the race issue. I respectfully request that you forget about my previous post (I am far from perfect) and would suggest that neither your or aesf's posts are crass - just a little corny.

Having said all that, there ARE people posting that fail to see that aesf's post (like AliG's famous phrase) is directed at the "right on" set rather than any minority ethnic grouping!?

Fair play to you Damage with your response, this message board is full of stressed people at the moment, and I am as guilty as anyone.

Lets hope we have reason to feel differently before too long.

Archived