BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Away Preview 13th December

Majiball

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saturday has BACK TO BSIC written all over it.

4-4-2 is the formation.

replace Ooijer with Simpson (pace)

keep samba and nelsen together with warnock as left back.

Emerton Tugay and Vogel and MGP

RSC and Benni.

Subs

Zurab, Brown, Derbyshire, Roberts, Carlos, Olsson plus 1 more.

The way forward ? Heskey and Camara plus Zaki are going to cause us real problems. Rovers have to be robust and man mark Valencia. Take him out of the game and their supply line is cut.

Their middle is the weak link. Thy expect to have Scharner back but with Bramble he is ripe for mistakes. Rovers should on paper be stronger. Its a battle of wills, whoever is up for it takes the points.

IT WONT BE PRETTY

Why on earth would you play MGP or Nelsen?

MGP hasn't had a good game for ages and Nelsen is just too bloody slow.

Simpson might have pace but isn't convincing in defence.

This should be the starting line up

------------------- Robinson---------------------

Ooijer-----------Zurab-------Samba-----Warnock

Emerton-----------------Vogel(Sitting just in front of Back 4)-------------Pedersen

------------------------Villanueva/Tugay(free roaming role in Midfield)---------

---------------------------McCarthy-----------

---------------------------Santa Cruz

3-1 defeat but the weak John Williams and his board still not not dismiss Ince.

And so the defeats go on......until we are relegated and we are the laughing stock of the football ..... and still Ince is in the job.

Someone explain please .... ?

I'd rather have Andrews than Vogel, but Grella over both if he's fit. We can't surely dump someone who has played 6 minutes of Premiership football into such an important game. Ideally he would have played much more and would have the experience behind him already but that's not the case.

Rovers can't keep a clean sheet so I'm hoping for a 2-1 win.

Rovers turn the game around with second half goals: McCarthy (pen) and MGP. Zaki early first half goal for Wigan

I would like to see us line up -

Robinson

Emerton, Ooijer, Zurab, Warnock

Debyshire, Vogel/Grella(If Fit), Tugay, MGP

RSC , McCarthy

Subs - Brown, Samba, Nelsen, Simpson, Villanueva, Vogel/Grella, Roberts.

Although, im sure he will insist on starting Keith Andrews and Nelsen.

Why on earth would you play MGP or Nelsen?

MGP hasn't had a good game for ages and Nelsen is just too bloody slow.

Simpson might have pace but isn't convincing in defence.

Thirded - Pedersen was brilliant last game, at least for the first hour. His work rate was exceptional and he was dangerous going forward. I don't get his enormous lack of consistency.

:rover: every team has santa :xmas: in it,what has he done for the last 3 games,he has been worse than andrews and some hate him,i reckon we will get tonked,the ince outs will keep quite,and then come on here and moan all week :brfc:

waggy santa is not fit at the moment and you could till that in the last match against liverpool he was struggling, but he's still playing because we have nobody else to come in for him

Brown

Simpson Khizanishvili Samba Warnock

Grella Vogel

Emerton© Villanueva Gamst

McCarthy

Subs: Robinson,Nelsen,Olsson,Mokoena,Judge,Derbyshire,Santa Cruz

is grella back for this one????????????????? if so will he play more than 1 half this time!!!!!!!

• Backroom

I'm worried but looking forward to this one, first away game I've got to in ages and the atmosphere in our end should be goos if a little nervy.

I don't envy Mr ince going into this one as any slight error in team selection or tactics will be highlighted to it's fullest. I'd stick to basics playing people in position for a start:

Robbo

Simpson Nelsen Samba Warnock

Emo Tugay Grella / Andrews Pedersen

Santa Benni

Santa however isn't untouchable and if he looks as uninterested as recently then he has to be brought off for Roberts.

I think it will be 2-2 which in honesty is no good to us but Wigan are one of the teams realistically we will be battling with so it's essential they don't make more ground on us.

We have to win games like this if we're going to stay up and Ince's neck is very much on the line if we don't take the points. A draw is no good to either team right now. Therefore we have to take the game to Wigan and play creative attacking football. If we are to do this, then we need Tugay in the middle and at least one decent outlet on the wing: Emerton (who'd have thought I'd be saying that a few months ago?!). Furthermore, we cannot be making stupid mistakes at the back and that is why Samba needs dropping.

This would be my starting XI:

Robinson

Simpson / Nelsen / Ooijer / Warnock

Emerton / Tugay / Vogel / Pedersen

Santa Cruz / McCarthy

Archived