BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Buying The Football Club

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Billy when are you going to return to Ewood and bring the atmosphere back with you. Part of me blames this for our troubles this season - at home anyway.

Thanks for the sentiment. Bill gets asked that a lot, despite his unpopularity on this MB over the years. Unfortunately, he has other commitments that he feels he has neglected for too long and is quite enjoying the freedom of just going to the match without any strings attached. Except for today, of course, when he is utterly p*&sed off - as are the rest of us!!

As someone who has been going to Ewood since 1974, I find this comment preposterous and short on perspective. Without the scrooges from Jersey, we would be another Blackpool/Preston/Burnley with no realistic prospect other than the occasional play-off spot or the odd cup run. Instead, thanks to the scrooges, we have had a roller-coaster since 1992 being the only club to win the prem outside the big four and going to Europe for football reasons rather than package holidays - who can forget the Feyenoord expedition?? (actually, I forget huge swathes of it).

I accept things are not good at the moment and respect everybody's passion for the club whether they've been watching for 6 months, 6 years or six decades, but please let's keep it in perspective and be grateful for what the Jersey connection has done for our club over a sustained period. Perhaps a few more of the good people of East Lancashire showing they actually want a premiership proposition by parking their buttocks on a seat in the stands instead of on a bar stool with some dodgy satellite TV reception or wending their way to Old Trafford/Anfield would help them increase their largesse.

As it is, if I were in their shoes I would be seriously questioning the viability of BRFC as a premiership proposition with their 17k home fans average despite the miracles worked over the last few seasons on the pitch and would be contemplating whether our natural home is in the Championship with all the other town teams. Only a few short years ago we could command 20+k home fans and it seems the area cannot afford the costs of maintaining a Premiership club and it is only the good grace of the scrooges in Jersey that have kept us at such exalted heights, despite the best efforts of the club to market themselves in what is a very club-intensive and partisan county.

Unpalatable, I know, but I suspect you know in your hearts that I am right - I hope you recognise I take no pleasure in being so.

In the meantime, be careful who you turn on in your frustration at our plight - it may come back to bite you.

As someone who has been going to Ewood since 1974, I find this comment preposterous and short on perspective. Without the scrooges from Jersey, we would be another Blackpool/Preston/Burnley with no realistic prospect other than the occasional play-off spot or the odd cup run. Instead, thanks to the scrooges, we have had a roller-coaster since 1992 being the only club to win the prem outside the big four and going to Europe for football reasons rather than package holidays - who can forget the Feyenoord expedition?? (actually, I forget huge swathes of it).

I accept things are not good at the moment and respect everybody's passion for the club whether they've been watching for 6 months, 6 years or six decades, but please let's keep it in perspective and be grateful for what the Jersey connection has done for our club over a sustained period. Perhaps a few more of the good people of East Lancashire showing they actually want a premiership proposition by parking their buttocks on a seat in the stands instead of on a bar stool with some dodgy satellite TV reception or wending their way to Old Trafford/Anfield would help them increase their largesse.

As it is, if I were in their shoes I would be seriously questioning the viability of BRFC as a premiership proposition with their 17k home fans average despite the miracles worked over the last few seasons on the pitch and would be contemplating whether our natural home is in the Championship with all the other town teams. Only a few short years ago we could command 20+k home fans and it seems the area cannot afford the costs of maintaining a Premiership club and it is only the good grace of the scrooges in Jersey that have kept us at such exalted heights, despite the best efforts of the club to market themselves in what is a very club-intensive and partisan county.

Unpalatable, I know, but I suspect you know in your hearts that I am right - I hope you recognise I take no pleasure in being so.

In the meantime, be careful who you turn on in your frustration at our plight - it may come back to bite you.

Them lot in Jersey haven't done anything it was Jack Walker who took us to the premiership title and with it came the new stands and the new players.

The lot in Jersey don't even support us and like Rugby and since jack died they have treated us like something on the bottom of their shoe, that they can't get rid off.

So NO I WILL NOT BE THANKING THEM, THERE A BUNCH OF TIGHT RODS.

What you all have to remember is Rovers was Jack's love. Not his Wife's, Brother's Son's or anyone else in his family. The fact he set up a trust was a showof thast love. But the trust is limited. I've no doubt he left instructions but they will be limited too. The trust has done some to find a buyer for the club but better what we have now than to sell to someone who did not have the best intersts of the club at heart or who wanted to borrow massively to buy. Just look at manchester United nad Liverpool to see the massive debt they have because of they way they were bought. Dobn't blame the trust too much for our predicament as I'm sure jack did not leave a vast sum for the club, they have to manage the money well to ensure it lasts..

I've no doubt he left instructions but they will be limited too. The trust has done some to find a buyer for the club but better what we have now than to sell to someone who did not have the best intersts of the club at heart or who wanted to borrow massively to buy. Just look at manchester United nad Liverpool to see the massive debt they have because of they way they were bought. Dobn't blame the trust too much for our predicament as I'm sure jack did not leave a vast sum for the club, they have to manage the money well to ensure it lasts..

They lost the instructions then didn't they :lol:

We are suppose to be in debt or so i've heard

There some misguided comments about cerain individuals in these posts.

We know there are issues but to slag them all off without ANY evidence whatsoever shows your ignorance.

Please expand and i will answer your question

Well I've played championship manager since the early days and progressed onto football manager. I would say I know a fair bit about the computer version of blackburn rovers. :P

I will help as long as I can bring FM Scout and Data Editor, I can turn the backline into Cattenacio overnight just give me the word

Archived