BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] My First Rovers Match

Have you sorted out how you're getting from London to Blackburn yet?

I know trains can sometimes be a bit tricky, not sure how easy it is getting back to London after the game.

It will be a lot better when the new timetable comes in tomorrow, as most work south of Preston is complete. the average journey time from Preston to London is going down to 2 hours 14 minutes. Probably a bit slower on a Saturday but still far better than it has been for the last couple of years. I'd get a ticket bought now on the internet though - the sooner the cheaper.

No there are plenty of those about.

Problem tends to be it's sub zero conditions so you'll probably need a coat on top anyway.

To be honest unless you're desperate to slap that guy with a fish I'd stay in the states. If we perform as badly again next week You'll stop being a Rovers fan. We need all the fans we can get so don't watch us - just have the memories of some of the stuff we've played in the past. Buy a Worthington Cup video online from the club store and stick with that.

Ha ha whats that all about. So you still making the trip up for the game??

Good to see you on that new advert with your Rovers shirt on.

I bid 400 pounds for the privilege of coming up here and doing that. Of course, that also included airfare and hotel in London, so, you know, I think I got a good deal.

And heck yeah I'm coming up tomorrow! I wouldn't miss this for the world.

- independent video of the slap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vKHcR6KuuM - rough cut of the official slap

I had the Rover kit specially made for this. It was on sale at Lillywhites for 5 pounds!

Strange stuff indeed. I agree a good deal all in all. The fella had it coming obviously.

You've picked a good game to come to, should be a cracking atmosphere. Although the horns will probably be a little annoying, depends where you're sat, you might get lucky.

Either way - Enjoy!!

So I won an auction today to fly to the UK and hit a guy in the head with a salmon (no, really: www.sweemo.com) and it turns out that it happens next week.

Can you do this every week?

Can you do this every week?

We tried to chain him to the Blackburn End but he mumbled something about trains to London and getting married next year. But help could be at hand ...

One of these is Driftpeasant, and the other is StuWilky. There's half a chance the wrong one flies back to Texas tomorrow. :lol:

3123382774_a8c708b09f.jpg

We tried to chain him to the Blackburn End but he mumbled something about trains to London and getting married next year. But help could be at hand ...

One of these is Driftpeasant, and the other is StuWilky. There's half a chance the wrong one flies back to Texas tomorrow. :lol:

3123382774_a8c708b09f.jpg

Separated at birth, eh?

Hey, I guess that's a photo of Stuwilky and a slapper then? :lol: (Well, someone had to say it! :P )

I had a brilliant time, and, despite the fact that I had to gnaw through my ankle to get out of that bear trap (thanks Tris), I enjoyed every second of it.

I can't thank Tris and Claire enough for all their hospitality, and it was great meeting everyone from the message board, including my evil twin, Stu (I'll be calling you later to arrange a passport swap, BTW).

I'm glad I got to see the first match of the Sam Allardyce era, and especially one that started off with a bang!

Now, if we can just keep up that pace!

Thank you all, and I should be in the program for Citeh, if anyone can snag me a copy or two. (I need one, parents need one, etc). I'll gladly pay you back for it.

1st away match - 1978 I think - Victoria ground 5-??? to Stoke. No roof and dunnys you could smell when you got home!

Hey Prof - was it not 4-2 ??? Was my first away match ever too. Flask of hot tomato soup - uncle's yellow cortina w/ black pvc roof - blue and white bar scarves hanging from window. I was hooked at 6 years old on away travel :rover:

I had a brilliant time, and, despite the fact that I had to gnaw through my ankle to get out of that bear trap (thanks Tris), I enjoyed every second of it.

I can't thank Tris and Claire enough for all their hospitality, and it was great meeting everyone from the message board, including my evil twin, Stu (I'll be calling you later to arrange a passport swap, BTW).

I'm glad I got to see the first match of the Sam Allardyce era, and especially one that started off with a bang!

Now, if we can just keep up that pace!

Thank you all, and I should be in the program for Citeh, if anyone can snag me a copy or two. (I need one, parents need one, etc). I'll gladly pay you back for it.

Well at least your first match saw a win! Mine was that dire 0-1 Portsmouth affair. Bleh.

So I guess that settles it...I'm not allowed back and you're gonna be given the red carpet treatment. <_<

Can't wait to see the program and/or article

Hey Prof - was it not 4-2 ??? Was my first away match ever too. Flask of hot tomato soup - uncle's yellow cortina w/ black pvc roof - blue and white bar scarves hanging from window. I was hooked at 6 years old on away travel :rover:

It was indeed.

Archived