Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wish that these fools realised that they are part of the problem and put some energy behind removing the idiot in charge.

And before I get accused of not supporting the team, the support given by all of us yesterday was as good as I can remember, albeit with a pervading sense of doom.

Well said LD, and deluded fools they are!

I'm not one to stand and shout"Ince out, Ince out" but come Saturday, if he is still here, I think I might embarrass myself :brfc:

There was a backlash yesterday TCO, IMO there were a good 1000 shouting for his head at one point. Unfortunately there are still the odd few who want to blame everyone bar the manager, one of whom I had a frank exchange of views with. He was adamant the manager's not to blame for individual mistakes yet when I asked him why we have gone from 7th to 19th in 6 months he just said 'I don't want to argue with you'.

I just wish that these fools realised that they are part of the problem and put some energy behind removing the idiot in charge.

And before I get accused of not supporting the team, the support given by all of us yesterday was as good as I can remember, albeit with a pervading sense of doom.

I too think that if the opinion of the crowd wasn't clear yesterday then the Chairman and board must have been wearing earplugs and masks. I didn't boo, nor did I join in the calls for Ince's head because it's not me, but I didn't see anything to applaud either and normally good bad or indifferent we find something to applaud at the end of the match. I wanted to give Ince a chance when he came but the chance stopped for me at half time in the Sunderland game and I would have given him the sack at the end of that, regardless of whether we had a replacement lined up or not because with the games we had coming we could have afforded a couple of weeks to appoint. Now we need to get rid and appoint very quickly before the transfer window opens and before we are too far adrift for even a miracle to save us.

He has to go NOW! I have posted the same message for the last 4-5 weeks. He and his inept backroom staff are killing the club, a club that to them is just a job, they won't be there when we are languishing in the lower reaches of the football league in a few years time, but we will be and we deserve better than the tripe being offered right now. The players should shoulder some of the blame, Roque looks disinterested, Andrews for all his faults is trying but it is not his fault he keeps getting played week in week out. I feel sorry for the lad to an extent, if a Premiership club came in for me, i wouldn't turn them down even if i knew i wouldn't be good enough, its a once in a lifetime opportunity for him and its only going to be the once while we are in freefall.

I waited around the players entrance with a few other members of this board yesterday to see the players when they got on the coach, when Benni were signing my shirt yesterday, i said to him that he should be playing more and his response was "You should tell that to Paul, its like that when you score goals, you get sat on the bench" Now before anyone tries to refute that he never said that, there was another messageboard member stood next to me when he said it, believe her real name is Ruth. Anyone thats not the point, the guy seems very unhappy with the way Ince is treating him, IMO Benni is the guy who, if he has a manager that believes in him, could get us out of this mess. He is a goalscorer and should be starting ahead of MD and JR. We need to tighten up at the back but we also need goals, Matty and Roberts will not get us out of this mess when Roque goes in January. We need to be playing our best players in the correct positions week in week out to get out of this mess, something Paul Ince will not do and seems incapable of doing.

It is like he is going on football manager at half time, selecting ask ....enter name here.... to pick the team on the game and then actually following through with it in real life, nothing would suprise me with this man, his total lack if tactical knowledge for an ex-professional footballer is shocking.

Why on earth would he line us up with MD on the left wing for the start of the second half, i could have sworn that at one point Jason Roberts was sat in the right back slot.

If he doesn't go tomorrow we can safely say he will be in charge for the Stoke game and probably thereafter, it really looks like JW and the board don't have the balls to admit they were wrong. I'd rather they admitted their mistakes now and gave the club a chance at a comeback in the new year than dodge any decisions and left the club to rot, sell all our decent players and have us do a Derby County for the rest of the season. If we go down we will end up like QPR, Nottingham Forrest and Sheffield Wednesday. Clubs that have yo-yo'd between the Championship and League One since they went down, never to look like coming back to the Premiership. Forrest and Wednesday have bigger fan bases than us (yes i know they are cities) and they haven't been able to fund a comeback, we go down and we will continue a steady decline down the football league.

Ince stays, i'll see you guys at the Kitkat Crescent in York in a few years time and it makes me feel sick to my stomach to even think about that.

Why are the ex Ince and current supporters such a vindictive lot, surely it is what is the best solution for the Rovers!

It is also in the best interest of Paul Ince that Rovers sack him. Often a boxer who is losing a bout will have the desire to keep trying, his corner realise that the boxer will get seriously hurt if he continues, so they throw in the towel. Rovers should do that for the sake of The club as well as for the sake of the Paul Ince Rovers should throw in the towel. In my view to keep Paul Ince on as manager of Rovers is now bordering on cruelty to the club and to him.

Hopefully Paul Ince will become a good manager - but that day is clearly not now. What is happening now is doing nobody any good. The confidence of the players, the club and Paul Ince is shot to pieces - the ex ince supporters may come over as being vindictive because they generally wanted Paul Ince to do well, but these hopes are dashed, which hurts. But you are right the ex-ince supporters and current supporters should not be vindictive, instead should be able to say, "sorry we got it wrong" etc.

Waggy, or anyone else in the "keep Ince camp", can you please now give us your reasons for keeping him at our club.

I am not slanting on slating anyone for their stance, but, I would LOVE to know your views after the latest incredible episode of the soap opera that is Blackburn Rovers FC on matchday.

This forum has seen many many fans realise just what has happened at the club in the past 4 months.

Now I want to balance the negativity and the positivity (if there is any left) and try and understand the one reasoning behind a Paul Ince stay of execution.

Come on guys, you know your out there (somewhere)

I was watching the Sunday Supplement (is that what it's called now?) and my God they haven't got a clue. The journalists on there were harping on about how Ince hasn't had long enough and one even said "you can only really judge him after a season".

No doubt if we do go down with Ince in charge these fools would be the first to say "maybe the board should have acted sooner".

I sincerely hope JW is not being swayed by fears of a backlash from the media and pundits if he does sack Ince. They're all sticking up for their mate whose an ex player and nothing else.

What is taking you so long John?! SACK HIM.

Is it even possible that we might not have enough funds to fire him and pay him and his fourth division posse their compensation? (even though really, a case can be made for sacking ince and his gang for negligence of duty because they've quite clearly failed to do their job.)

cmon williams sack him now for god sake what are u waiting for. If he is still in charge for the game against Stoke, i think the fans will be singing sack the board as well sacking Ince.

i think the fans will turn to the board too - its in the best interests ince goes and they are employed to do the best thing for the club - at the moment its a shambles

Ince has too much pride to resign

:lol:

I do not think pride comes into it...he wants the payout for the utter and rank failure that was his employment by our club.

However Ince is not the villain of the piece. Those who could have sacked him but did not and are leaving it almost certainly too late to save our season from relegation are the real culprits.

Should have gone after the Sunderland game. All Rovers fans with sense knew then that the Guvnor had been found out by then as an imposter at this level.

I just don't get this.

WHY THE (Please don't use that word again) HAS HE NOT BEEN SACKED?! LOOK AT THE (Please don't use that word again)ING LEAGUE TABLE!!! HE'S RUINED US, TOTALLY (Please don't use that word again)ING RUINED US.

SACK HIM NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

NOW

The thing we might be forgetting however though is...

The Walker Trust have NEVER sacked a manager.

They might not know how to...they might not want to as it would reflect poorly on their decision-making...lord only knows but there must be some reason why they have uhhmmmed and ahhhed their way to the brink of relegating us.

It seems to me that it is only the fans that care about this club anymore, any self-respecting chairman/board would admit his/their mistakes and make a swift decision and move forward towards a common goal. It is not seeming more and more likely that the board don't want to look like they've made a mistake in appointing the Paul Ince, yet with everygame they are giving the man, surely they are making their own positions untenable.

Right now it looks like the board do not care, and as long as Ince is in charge, that is the way it is going to continue to appear in my eyes.

If they dont know how i'll do it for them.

This is ridiculous. I sent williams a message last night telling him that with his lack of action he was letting the fans down and it was only a matter of time before the fans turned on the board as well as Ince.

Im sick of this football club and its total inabillity to make a right decision.

INCE OUT NOW

Time to plan for the championship, we are doomed. 2 wins from safety and no idea how to win anymore. What a complete disaster this manager has been. I honestly would'nt have thought it possible for us to concede on average 2 goals every game after 17 matches........considering friedel aside the defence is as it has been for 2 seasons. Playing ridiculously lightweight midfields with zero cover for the backline, an inability to see players out of form, and a very obvious lack of organisation are all failings of the management and lack of funds is no excuse.........anyone, and i really mean anyone would/could do a better job.

Im now putting ALL of the blame for Rovers current plight on John Williams.

He has failed the club in my opinion.

HE is the one who took a gamble on Ince.

HE is the one who is bottling it when it comes to removing him.

HE should be held accountable If we go down this season.

I wouldn't totally blame JW. He has a difficult decision, at the end of the day Ince was his choice and he needs to stick by him to some extent especially in the media. I would like to imagine that the board have an emergency crisis meeting planned to deal with this rather unfortunate mess.

I genuinely believe Ince should be removed A.S.A.P. as his excuses are clearly not having a good effect on the players. Anybody as a caretaker manager would be much better received than Ince even if they too lost a couple of games.

At the end of the day, the only way to show a lack of support for the decision for Ince to still have a job is to boycott games. We'd only be saving ourselves a punishment anyway having to watch that shambles at the moment.

REASONS TO GO:

1. Lack of direction tactically

2. Players being played out of position far too often (Roberts at RB!!)

3. Results

4. What looks like shambolic coaching (based on match day performances)

5. Ince is way out of his depth at this level currently

Sorry Mr. Williams but there is only one decision to be made here regardless of what Ince promised in the Summer. Please give us a chance of galvanising the club and dismiss.

I was watching the Sunday Supplement (is that what it's called now?) and my God they haven't got a clue. The journalists on there were harping on about how Ince hasn't had long enough and one even said "you can only really judge him after a season".

No doubt if we do go down with Ince in charge these fools would be the first to say "maybe the board should have acted sooner".

Are football journalists fans of Rovers? No.

Have they played professional football? No.

Have they coached or managed? No.

Have they run a football club? No.

What they are is Journalists. This requires a decent knowledge of the English language and some investigatory and reporting skills.

NO KNOWLEDGE OF FOOTBALL OR BLACKBURN ROVERS IS REQUIRED TO COMMENT. So treat their views with the utter contempt they deserve.

Oh and by the way...

.........how many black football journalists are there Mr Holt ?????????????????

They all seem to be white middle aged men from red brick universities to me.

Archived