BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Messages For John Williams

mark

Dear Williams,

If you need to consider the views of fans and read this messageboard before making a decision, you shouldn't be in the job.

Regards

Jim

PS:

As the chairman of a failing business would you please pack your bags and leave at the same time as the manager you appointed.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

This is funnier than your impending relegation.

Taking a while for this penny to drop isnt it?... you're finished guys.

Funny enough that you quoted the wrong person spannerhead

Who laughs like that?

Kinda like an evil genius without the genius I guess.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

This is funnier than your impending relegation.

Taking a while for this penny to drop isnt it?... you're finished guys.

It was actually me who said that and I'll stand by it. The vast majority of European leagues don't have a single job that is as attractive as Blackburn. You then get into the middle leagues where there may only be one major job and it isn't until you get to the top leagues that you start to see a good number of jobs that look seriously more attractive than a nice Blackburn wage packet, being in the premiership and getting our "small" potential transfer budget which will still be larger than what most of Europe has to work with.

20 is a rough figure and if I really sat down to think about it I'd probably come up with a few more, but the idea remains the same. I don't disagree with Neekoy that the premiership isn't the be all and end all for the entire world, but as someone who lives on mainland Europe I can tell you that it is damn close.

Time and time again managers from all over the world state their intent on working in England, now we aren't in London, nor are we in the big four, but as I pointed out before there are only ever 20 jobs in this league and we happen to be offering up one of them.

It was actually me who said that and I'll stand by it. The vast majority of European leagues don't have a single job that is as attractive as Blackburn. You then get into the middle leagues where there may only be one major job and it isn't until you get to the top leagues that you start to see a good number of jobs that look seriously more attractive than a nice Blackburn wage packet, being in the premiership and getting our "small" potential transfer budget which will still be larger than what most of Europe has to work with.

20 is a rough figure and if I really sat down to think about it I'd probably come up with a few more, but the idea remains the same. I don't disagree with Neekoy that the premiership isn't the be all and end all for the entire world, but as someone who lives on mainland Europe I can tell you that it is damn close.

Time and time again managers from all over the world state their intent on working in England, now we aren't in London, nor are we in the big four, but as I pointed out before there are only ever 20 jobs in this league and we happen to be offering up one of them.

That's still kinda rubbish Eddie. I'd say there's 15 jobs in this league alone that are currently more attractive than ours. And then I'd say at least 7-8 teams in the Spanish and Italian leagues each easily. Then the top 3 or so in the German leagues, Dutch league, French league (Lyon and PSG are still easily more appealing), then you've got teams like Zenit who have lots of money and tasted European success just recently. Managers want to manage on the European stage too and right now thats getting harder and harder, with the big 4, Villa, Man City, Everton, Spurs etc all having more money than us and Hughes' good work completely ruined. Even Celtic and Rangers are more attractive - more money to spend, Champions League football etc and can offer bigger wages I'm sure.

And it doesnt matter about our transfer budget compared to the rest of Europe. It matters compared to the teams we're directly competing with, and there it's a pittance.

The 20 number wasn't including this league, it was talking about Europe outside of England, I probably didn't make that clear. Blackburn Rovers remains a very attractive prospect for any would-be manager and I actually disagree with some of the clubs you have just listed as being better options (for example, I think any non-French manager, and even some French ones, would choose Blackburn before PSG). Anyway, my point really wasn't the specific number of jobs that remain more attractive, the point was that we are in a fairly exclusive group and we shouldn't limit ourselves to looking at the likes of Souness and Allardyce and we shouldn't also think that no one would want to come here.

That's still kinda rubbish Eddie. I'd say there's 15 jobs in this league alone that are currently more attractive than ours. And then I'd say at least 7-8 teams in the Spanish and Italian leagues each easily. Then the top 3 or so in the German leagues, Dutch league, French league (Lyon and PSG are still easily more appealing), then you've got teams like Zenit who have lots of money and tasted European success just recently. Managers want to manage on the European stage too and right now thats getting harder and harder, with the big 4, Villa, Man City, Everton, Spurs etc all having more money than us and Hughes' good work completely ruined. Even Celtic and Rangers are more attractive - more money to spend, Champions League football etc and can offer bigger wages I'm sure.

And it doesnt matter about our transfer budget compared to the rest of Europe. It matters compared to the teams we're directly competing with, and there it's a pittance.

I would expand the German League, Lever, Bayern, Dortmund, Berlin, Shalke, Bremen, Hamburg to name a few, Marseille and Bordeux, Benfica, Porto, couple of Greek teams ect ect. Def more then 20 that are more appealing, as you say it is all about the European stage these days, if you can get it every year by coaching Rosenborg then who wouldn't?

But anyway, JW go knock on some doors in mainland Europe, Eddie can be your guide.

The 20 number wasn't including this league, it was talking about Europe outside of England, I probably didn't make that clear. Blackburn Rovers remains a very attractive prospect for any would-be manager and I actually disagree with some of the clubs you have just listed as being better options (for example, I think any non-French manager, and even some French ones, would choose Blackburn before PSG). Anyway, my point really wasn't the specific number of jobs that remain more attractive, the point was that we are in a fairly exclusive group and we shouldn't limit ourselves to looking at the likes of Souness and Allardyce and we shouldn't also think that no one would want to come here.

and sorry I posted after you Eddie, you are certainly right, there are better Managers then Ince who may want to come here

I would expand the German League, Lever, Bayern, Dortmund, Berlin, Shalke, Bremen, Hamburg to name a few, Marseille and Bordeux, Benfica, Porto, couple of Greek teams ect ect. Def more then 20 that are more appealing, as you say it is all about the European stage these days, if you can get it every year by coaching Rosenborg then who wouldn't?

But anyway, JW go knock on some doors in mainland Europe, Eddie can be your guide.

You really think that if the Rosenborg job and the Rovers job are up for grabs at the same time that Rosenborg gets more interest? You must be kidding?

Debate whether or not the Premiership is the best league in the world until the cows come home, but the fact remains that the majority of players and coaches have the ambition of testing themsleves in this league at some point.

The most important thing to note from the fans point of view is that things simply cannot get any worse than they are at present and that there have been absolutely no signs that they will improve. Therefore, we have nothing to lose by sacking Ince. I'd do a better job that he is doing at present.

Debate whether or not the Premiership is the best league in the world until the cows come home, but the fact remains that the majority of players and coaches have the ambition of testing themsleves in this league at some point.

This is so important, and I don't think even our own board realise this.

In the Summer we gave one of the most attractive jobs in World football to a guy from the 4th division. It was ludicrous. Michael Laudrup wanted to join us FFS. What more can you say?

This is so important, and I don't think even our own board realise this.

In the Summer we gave one of the most attractive jobs in World football to a guy from the 4th division. It was ludicrous. Michael Laudrup wanted to join us FFS. What more can you say?

Spot on.

They must sift through applicants and other potential candidates thinking "oh he wouldn't come, too experienced for us, too ambitious, he'd want millions to spend...

oh and then there's Paul Ince".

TBH

the forumla JW followed for the appointment of MH and ince is correct one for long term success at rovers. like most clubs we can only promise young players and managers that when they join rovers if they are fully commited and perform big clubs will come knocking . at a certain point rovers could be lifted to a point where we could grab 6-4th spot in the league or if "lady luck" (might be hearing that again very soon :rolleyes: ) shines a cup win.

problem is sometime this works

MH - worked

ince - fail

lady luck GS - 90% worked.

JW - ignore the previous protests around BFS (which I agreed with) - we are now in an entirely different position. I think most fans would now agree just avoiding relegation is the most important thing (sod how we play) - the best man for the job is now (unfortunately) BFS.

Agree 100% - I was against him at 1st, but now its his style of football we need. We need to get back to basics, get in teams faces and get back to being Bully Boy Blackburn Rovers - Big Sam is the man for this!!

Archived