Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Messages For John Williams

mark

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can keep on thinking is....

"He's blue, he's white he's F*****g Dynamite ALAN PARKES ALAN PARKES!"

serves me right for watching some of our older games in a misty eyed remanising sesion!

EDIT:Dammit! was reading about alan shearer "distancing himself whilst singing about TONY parkes, obviously I ment tony! Bed is definatly calling!

OK, if you are reading this Mr. Williams then I say thank you for removing Paul Ince. It was a big risk that may have come off, but it went wrong big time. If you do appoint Mr. Souness, who I am not sure about, it is probably best as a short term measure. He is a bit too 'old fashioned' in his man-management, and tactics for a long term job.

Good luck with the appointment. And any future Gaviscon adverts.

OK, if you are reading this Mr. Williams then I say thank you for removing Paul Ince. It was a big risk that may have come off, but it went wrong big time. If you do appoint Mr. Souness, who I am not sure about, it is probably best as a short term measure. He is a bit too 'old fashioned' in his man-management, and tactics for a long term job.

Good luck with the appointment. And any future Gaviscon adverts.

"And any future Gaviscon adverts."

Am i missing something here or are suggesting that our Chairman looks like the cartoon fireman? :huh::lol:

Cheers John, credit to you. I know it was a difficult decision for you but one that had to be taken.

Now you're half way their...

Please don't undo yourgood work by appointing Souey. Although I feel he could turn it around he is very much a short term solution that we needn't go for as we have long term solution Big Sam waiting in the wings. And lets face it, if we remove our blue and white tinted specs we soon see that Hughes was just big Sam Mark II.

Up the Rovers.

One last thing (although I trust you have it in hand) - make sure the trustees let us have our Bentley dosh in january, and ALL the Santa Cruz money if he goes. God knows we need it.

John,

Well done on sacking the most incompetant manager of your tenure at the club. We knew you'd get there in the end.

On a side note, I can't help but notice that the remainder of Billy Smarts Circus seem to have been allowed to stay in town for a little while longer. Again, I trust that you will deal with this in due course, as no doubt kicking each and every one of the useless, pathetic, no mark frauds out the door is on your todo list. Chop chop.

Merry Christmas

T4E

Thank you so much, John. It took courage to do it but we all know it had to be done.

Now please make sure you appoint someone with Premier League experience who has been successful in the past:-

1) Sam Allardyce............if he refuses...

2) Alan Curbishley

3) Anyone but Souey. Because it went sour at the end of his last stint with us, the players weren't fit, he talked about keeping Prem status and not trying to win every game including cup games.........

I'm rambling on. Nuff said, John. Thanks again.

On a side note, I can't help but notice that the remainder of Billy Smarts Circus seem to have been allowed to stay in town for a little while longer. Again, I trust that you will deal with this in due course, as no doubt kicking each and every one of the useless, pathetic, no mark frauds out the door is on your todo list. Chop chop.

To be honest, I think the lack of any backroom staff post Hughes was Ince's biggest undoing. At least for continuity we need to keep them on for short space of time. However I will say that I think it is the coaches that have let Ince down the most. I saw lots of promising signs in Ince's man management - youngsters seemed to come in and do a good job - players seemed to play with more freedom. Ince always said he was a man manager rather than a coach - the biggest mistake he made was his choice of coaches.

Dear John,

Firstly it is the right choice I assure you.

Well, springs come early so whilst we are cleaning.

1.) Please ensure Mathias, Knox, Winterburn, Robinson, Howard, GI Joe all depart our club as soon as humanly possible. Even if they where not the cause they where part of route as if they knew better they should have done something.

2.) We need a stalwart, a club man - put Tugay through his badges.

3.) Don't restrict our search for a new man to this country, one by the way is that considered lacking coaching wise.

4.) Someone with a track record of inspiring, achieving, who's bought the T-shirt, no more experiments.

5.) Do not use the same selection criteria this time.

6.) I know this is a big ask but please try and get someone who has a good track record developing youth. I know its not a main consideration but we need our youth system firing to survive at this level with our finances.

I could go on but that'll do for starters.

Oh and just so you know I'm smiling today I'd almost forgotten what it felt like, cheers.

Thanks John! I think you will agree, we are not Newcastle fans who shout for their managers' head after 2 defeats but he was dragging the club down on all levels - youth, reserves and first team losing on a very regular basis. We could see this and i think the amount of games was just about right as you gave him one more chance!

The performance at Wigan was the final nail in the coffin! Did the players want him to go? I am thinking so as that performance lacked anything on a positive note.

Knox and Co. are as much to blame as Ince. I hope they follow pretty soon.

I havnt smiled for so long (rovers related) and i am so happy!

Merry Christmas John and our season starts on Saturday! COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to John Williams. Today vindicated his (& the boards) decision to sack Ince. In all the interviews I've heard or read he's been very dignified and has accepted his responsibility totally. Very refreshing when compared to so many of the other PL chairmen.

I for one am very confident the club is on the right track with JW incharge.

I reckon JW will have been as nervous as anyone today as he needed clear justification of his decision to relieve Ince from his duties and the whole team provided that. We can speculate until the cows come home but I don't believe the team would have won this match under Ince and I think the improvement to the defence was evident for all to see today! Plus Roberts played very very well and if he could finish better would have had a hat trick but he should take that on board and look to make the final pass particular in the instance at the end of the game when he turned his amrker in the box then shot straight at the keeper and we had two players inside of him in good positions to finish.

Archived