BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Messages For John Williams

mark

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't expect too much spent in January anyway. BFS has said that money to him at this time of year is of no use to him, regarding RSC. So just a few loan deals to tide us over and plug some gaps in the mean time. Expect a lot more activity in the summer though.

Dear John,

Most football fans are fed up with the ridiculous transfer fees and massive wages that spoilt players receive. Premiership players live on a different planet than the rest of us and we are fed up that our game is being ruined by greedy players that care nothing for the history of the team they happen to be playing for before they seek a move for more money only weeks after grabbing the cash by signing a new contract.

Most football fans want their club to stop being so tight and stump up the cash to pay for the quality of player that will let us improve as a club and stay in the lucrative premier league. If we get relegated it will cost us a fortune and we won't be able to splash the cash on decent players.

Most football fans are stupid.

Waggy is ridiculous, he whinges about not spending money, when he isn't willing to put his arse on the seat and watch.

And why put Rovers shirt emoticons at the end of every post! Even when its mainly anti Rovers.

Dear John, I love Blackburn Rovers FC and do not want to see the club destroyed or ruined by overspending. HOWEVER we are the lowest spending team in the premier league in the last FIVE years. We are now receiving enough from TV revenue to spend £10 million a season on players but choose not to. At this moment in time our place in the league is under threat and teams like West Brom, Bolton, West Ham, Spurs, Hull have all signed players for big transfer fees and large wages. I do not think that we should go down this route but surely £2-3 million players are not out of reach for a top ten premier league club?

Please help the club as if we get relegated there will be no coming back,

Yours

A supporter of Blackburn Rovers.

Waggy is ridiculous, he whinges about not spending money, when he isn't willing to put his arse on the seat and watch.

And why put Rovers shirt emoticons at the end of every post! Even when its mainly anti Rovers.

:rover: i paid for a season ticket this season,when you have done 40 years at ewood you can call me anti rovers,the facts are that rovers are refusing to spend a penny,and your happy with that :brfcsmilie:

:rover: i paid for a season ticket this season,when you have done 40 years at ewood you can call me anti rovers,the facts are that rovers are refusing to spend a penny,and your happy with that :brfcsmilie:

It's a fair point, I'm wondering how other than through blind loyalty the Board and Trustees keep expecting people to continue to shell out for season tickets season after season when they quite blatantly refuse to spend any money themselves to maintain the quality of the squad.

Blackburn Rovers spent just shy of £40 million on staff costs in the year ended 30 June 2008, this is expected to rise by 15% to around £45million in the current year. Sam was told before he accepted the job that a couple of loan signings were an option, but no players would be sold without his blessing i.e. if he wished to 'trade' for example RSC then any resulting funds would be available.

Yet you threw away 40 years of unwavering support and refused to attend over the appointment of a man you've never met and don't know well enough to judge.

:rover:

Yet you threw away 40 years of unwavering support and refused to attend over the appointment of a man you've never met and don't know well enough to judge.

:rover:

Do you know Waggy well enough to judge him? :brfcsmilie:

Dear John,

Most football fans are fed up with the ridiculous transfer fees and massive wages that spoilt players receive. Premiership players live on a different planet than the rest of us and we are fed up that our game is being ruined by greedy players that care nothing for the history of the team they happen to be playing for before they seek a move for more money only weeks after grabbing the cash by signing a new contract.

Most football fans want their club to stop being so tight and stump up the cash to pay for the quality of player that will let us improve as a club and stay in the lucrative premier league. If we get relegated it will cost us a fortune and we won't be able to splash the cash on decent players.

Most football fans are stupid.

"If I'd listened to what "most people" wanted, I'd have invented faster horses." Henry Ford.

Let the people who are best qualified to do the job do the job.

Let the people who are best qualified to do the job do the job.

The same people who thought Ince was a good idea.

And that Bentley could be sold and replaced by Emerton.

(Intelligent) fans know more about football than the average board member or chief exec.

Next.

The same people who thought Ince was a good idea.

And that Bentley could be sold and replaced by Emerton.

(Intelligent) fans know more about football than the average board member or chief exec.

Next.

Intelligent fans knew that Ince was a gamble worth taking at the time, and the only option after Allardyce was hounded out of the running.

NONE of the fans know how much effort was put into chasing a Bentley replacement, and the man who made the decisions on transfer targets was the man in charge at the time, who was neither a board member or a chief exec. It was Ince.

The arrogance of the idea that any fan knows more about running a football club than our chief exec astounds me.

Intelligent fans knew that Ince was a gamble worth taking at the time, and the only option after Allardyce was hounded out of the running.

NONE of the fans know how much effort was put into chasing a Bentley replacement, and the man who made the decisions on transfer targets was the man in charge at the time, who was neither a board member or a chief exec. It was Ince.

The arrogance of the idea that any fan knows more about running a football club than our chief exec astounds me.

:rover: so your name is john williams <_<:brfcsmilie:

Did no-one else see the looks on football people's faces when Ince was appointted, Ince was never a gamble worth taking. I remember seeing Neil Warnock all he did was wish him luck, the footballing world knew we had (Please don't use that word again)ed up the second he named his team.

think of him as the 100-1 shot.

Laudrup was the right choice then, Sam is now.

:rover: so your name is john williams <_<:brfcsmilie:

No...?

I'm not the one claiming to know more than him either.

Laudrup was the right choice then, Sam is now.

Laudrup was reported to want all sorts of assurances about funds and escape clauses... again, none of us fans know the full story, but if any of that is true he wasn't the right choice.

If the fans ran this club we'd be bankrupt.

:rover: jw was a tv executive before he joined the rovers,so he did not know much either :unsure::brfcsmilie:

He didn't come straight into the club as the main man though, he learned from other people during his time at the club. He's clearly a very shrewd guy, but even the best make mistakes, hence Ince. Although I still maintain there was no better candidate available on the right terms.

:rover: jw was a tv executive before he joined the rovers,so he did not know much either :unsure::brfcsmilie:

I thought he worked for a while at Southampton Football Club before coming to us. He wasnt a total novice about football administration. I think he is a very sound man who has the best interests of the club at heart.

Archived