BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

I believe that Rovers are heading for relegation, even in the unlikely event that Allardyce were offered and took the job. The squad is not good enough and panic buys in the January window even if we had the money aren't going to put it right overnight.

So if Rovers are not going to follow the likes of Leeds, Forest and more than likely Charlton into the old third division we need a tough guy manager who knows the championship and can rebuild the squad on a budget.

Derby made a good appointment in Paul Jewell who has succeeding in stopping that club's decline and the best I can come up with who might do a similar job and is available at present is the former Watford manager Aidy Boothroyd.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that Rovers are heading for relegation, even in the unlikely event that Allardyce were offered and took the job. The squad is not good enough and panic buys in the January window even if we had the money aren't going to put it right overnight.

So if Rovers are not going to follow the likes of Leeds, Forest and more than likely Charlton into the old third division we need a tough guy manager who knows the championship and can rebuild the squad on a budget.

Derby made a good appointment in Paul Jewell who has succeeding in stopping that club's decline and the best I can come up with who might do a similar job and is available at present is the former Watford manager Aidy Boothroyd.

I dont agree we're heading for relegation at all. If Ince stays then yes, we're 100% down, but if he goes the board have the chance to appoint someone who can take this squad and get us to mid-table by the end of the season. Recent performances have allowed us to forget that there are some quality players at this club. They just need galvanized by a manager who can restore their confidence like Rednapp did at Spurs. Even if Santa Cruz leaves in January the money from that sale can go towards the midfielder and right winger we desperately need. I dont even think we need to buy defenders - on their day they can be as solid as any defence, as was shown when well organised under Hughes. Lets get a new manager in & see how we go.

The ingredients needed to avoid relegation are looking frighteningly difficult to assemble.

Above all we need two new wingers and where are they in the market?

The rest of the elements to survive are there if Bert and Warnock are played at full back.

Having watched how disciplined Burnley are, I keep coming back to Owen Coyle to be the manager to organise Rovers properly. The fact it will mess up the dingles' promotion challenge and they are sweating on us going fort him has a certain appeal as well.

The ingredients needed to avoid relegation are looking frighteningly difficult to assemble.

Above all we need two new wingers and where are they in the market?

The rest of the elements to survive are there if Bert and Warnock are played at full back.

Having watched how disciplined Burnley are, I keep coming back to Owen Coyle to be the manager to organise Rovers properly. The fact it will mess up the dingles' promotion challenge and they are sweating on us going fort him has a certain appeal as well.

How confident are you Coyle would jump ship Philip? I agree, it's not a bad option but if he would leave them (and I'm not sure he would) then where does that leave us the next 'bigger job' (Celtic say) becomes available?

Whoever says the squad isn't good enough to stay up is talking out of their rear ends. YES we overperformed under Hughes by finishing top 7 last year. But we have a better squad than Hull, Stoke, West Brom, Fulham, Bolton and Sunderland...and should be competing at least with the likes of Wigan and Middlesbrough. That should've seen us at least comfortably mid-table. Sides don't drop that much in the space of a summer, especially when Ince had the opportunity to replace Bentley but instead bought an injury prone centre mid, brought a guy in on loan he can't fit into the team, and wasted money on Andrews.

We need Allardyce in, according to nicko he is interested, and if you look at his interview at no point does he say he's not interested in Rovers. He said "there's been no contact at the moment". He also says he'd like to go to Sunderland, obviously he'd prefer that job, but what's increasingly apparent is that it's unlikely Sunderland will go for him and I think he's starting to realise that.

Whoever, the new manager is come January, the funds have to be made available for at least three player's to come in.

The league position, is a warning to all at the club. You cannot allow a squad to stagnate for a couple of season's, and remain competative, even in the second or third tier of the Prem.

The Owen Coyle idea is strangely appealing, though a real chance to take given where we are.

Mark Hughes might possibly to be available very soon....

We need someone who can bring in a half decent striker, someone like Doyle or Phillips, and some other real grafters to get those two wins and a couple of draws, which would make the table look a bit better.

Would people like a poll or would they prefer to let the club get on with the process themselves?

Let the club pick the best man for the job. Dont want the public image of people to become a factor. I think we effected things too much over the summer!

If worst comes to worst, I'd go with BFS. But I sure wouldn't go with Souey again. Fair enough he got us back up and won the Worthy Cup, but it all went very sour at the end. And I bet Dunny wouldn't be wanting Souey back either!

Would people like a poll or would they prefer to let the club get on with the process themselves?

The problem with a poll Modes, is who's name do you put on it? You can put a list of names up today, but another name will no doubt appear in a day or two, making the results pretty much invalid.

Down to you guys though.

Id go for BFS. He has been succesful with Blackpool and Bolton. Hes the guy to get us out of the mess. Souness would bring too many other unwanted problems and then he will be full of excuses when we go down.

Coyle would be a gamble in our current situation. Paul Jewell also a gamble after his last attempt at escaping relegation.

How about tempting Steve Bruce away? stranger things have happened and what a job hes done there.

Never thought I'd say this but only one man currently available can get us out of this mess and thats Alladyce.

I'm worried the board are looking towards Curbishley though and thats almost as big of a mistake as considering Souness.

The club was dying under Souness and heading for relegation, the idiots up the road did us a massive favour.

Big Sam for me :o

Let the club pick the best man for the job.

That's my opinion to, but if the majority want one then it's only fair to have one.

The problem with a poll Modes, is who's name do you put on it? You can put a list of names up today, but another name will no doubt appear in a day or two, making the results pretty much invalid.

That was the big problem in the summer. I think the main difference is that there aren't that man viable names for the job at the moment.

Whoever says the squad isn't good enough to stay up is talking out of their rear ends. YES we overperformed under Hughes by finishing top 7 last year. But we have a better squad than Hull, Stoke, West Brom, Fulham, Bolton and Sunderland...and should be competing at least with the likes of Wigan and Middlesbrough.

West Brom - fair enough. Hull - we are better on paper, but they have a sensational team spirit. Stoke are similar. Bolton you could make an argument for, but they are good at what they do. I think you are beginning to get hard pushed to claim that we are better than the other sides mentioned. Fulham (Johnson, Zamora), Sunderland (Jones, Cisse), Wigan (Zaki, Heskey and Valencia), Boro (Mido, Alves, Tuncay, Downing) all have players who cause the oppostion serious problems. Currently - due to Roque's loss of form and the sale of Bentley we have NONE. Literally none. Out most dangerous player constantly looks like Tugay! It is a shocking state of affairs. We very rarely open up other sides.

You could argue that if we can bring the likes of Pedersen, Cruz, McCarthy, Carlos, Dunn back up to standard then we can turn it around. Problem is it does seem a bit of a gamble to say any of them will definitely find their feet under a new manager.

I think there are many reasons to worry. I don't doubt htat if we make the right managerial selection we can become defensively solid again - but I am not sure where the goals are going to come from.

Id go for BFS. He has been succesful with Blackpool and Bolton. Hes the guy to get us out of the mess. Souness would bring too many other unwanted problems and then he will be full of excuses when we go down.

Coyle would be a gamble in our current situation. Paul Jewell also a gamble after his last attempt at escaping relegation.

How about tempting Steve Bruce away? stranger things have happened and what a job hes done there.

Why on earth would Bruce leave Wigan to come to us? Is it the relegaion form, the lack of money or the bad blood between him and the board that would make him fancy the job?

More chance of Gordon Brown setting himself alight on telly.

the next manager will be here for the long haul even if we go down.

Roberto Mancini is clearly the best man for the job by a mile but i dont know if he would come to rovers, or even if there any truth in the story.

owen coyle is doing a good job at burnley but that is a big gamble, should have appointed him instead of ince... easy saying that now

sam is the name every one here seams to wants, but in 6 months,but like ince it will not take long for the masses to turn on him. even if we stay up.

curbs.. no no no

i would love mancini but i just cant see that, where has that story come from ?

How many items can you get in a poll? 10? I think we'd struggle to find more than 10 realistic candidates for the job; Souness, Allardyce, Curbishley, Coyle, Irvine, Martinez, Houllier...any more? Shearer's name will probably get mentioned somewhere again.

Archived