BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

Fatih Terim would be my choice if we could get him. Like I said on the other thread, he is excellent for Turkey and has a cv 2nd to none.

The thing I like most is his passion for the game, he wears his heart on the sleeve and gives it his all.

If he is Tugay's cousin too, he could be a real possibility.

Pasted from Google.

Fatih Terim has always spoken highly of Barclays Premier League and said that he would like to get reunited with Tugay Kerimoglu who is Fatih's cousin. ...

And from Wiki.

Is this one step up from the Guv-nor.

Terim, a coach who values professional discipline and organization and amateur passion, was nicknamed "Imparator" (Turkish for "Emperor")

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
West Brom - fair enough. Hull - we are better on paper, but they have a sensational team spirit. Stoke are similar. Bolton you could make an argument for, but they are good at what they do. I think you are beginning to get hard pushed to claim that we are better than the other sides mentioned. Fulham (Johnson, Zamora), Sunderland (Jones, Cisse), Wigan (Zaki, Heskey and Valencia), Boro (Mido, Alves, Tuncay, Downing) all have players who cause the oppostion serious problems. Currently - due to Roque's loss of form and the sale of Bentley we have NONE. Literally none. Out most dangerous player constantly looks like Tugay! It is a shocking state of affairs. We very rarely open up other sides.

You could argue that if we can bring the likes of Pedersen, Cruz, McCarthy, Carlos, Dunn back up to standard then we can turn it around. Problem is it does seem a bit of a gamble to say any of them will definitely find their feet under a new manager.

I think there are many reasons to worry. I don't doubt htat if we make the right managerial selection we can become defensively solid again - but I am not sure where the goals are going to come from.

Hull and Stoke's team spirit are down to their manager though - the sort of team spirit we had under Hughes. Fulham - Johnson yes, Zamora's only scored once for Fulham this season. Bolton are good at what they do beause they have a manager who plays to their strengths, not one who tries to get them to play in pretty triangles all the time. Again you name players but Santa Cruz is easily among them and was last season under Hughes. Hopefully the new man will sign some kind of decent right winger who can either supply Santa Cruz, or get a good right winger and a good striker we'd get from the sale of Santa Cruz.

I think if the defence improves to near last seasons levels (and there is no reason to suggest it can't since we haven't lost anyone in that dept), then the rest will follow. We'll be more comfortable on the ball, Dunn will be back and he's capable of creating, there will be some transfer activity in Jan I'm sure even if RSC doesnt go, and if he does then we will have a lot of money to spend. Even little things like playing Vogel regularly, who, with match practice I think can do a very good job for us, will make a difference as right now our CM is terrible.

It's looking tricky but if we get the right man we can still get out of this.

Bring in Tony Parkes as caretaker until a new guy can be appointed. Yes the press have started talking about shearer but as far as I am concerned it would just be another Ince appointment. I supported the ince appointment and I am gutted that it didn't work out I really am, I feel that Ince had the potential and at times we have looked like a good side in games and haven't had the rub of the green. What we need is a major motivator, someone that will give the players a kick up the arse, get players like Gamst back on form.

How many items can you get in a poll? 10? I think we'd struggle to find more than 10 realistic candidates for the job; Souness, Allardyce, Curbishley, Coyle, Irvine, Martinez, Houllier...any more? Shearer's name will probably get mentioned somewhere again.

Missing the obvious name ...the one, the only, Tony Parkes !!!

:D

In a poll put up right now, it has to be Souey, BFS, Curbs and ANO.

Those are the names being floated seriously.

I do not think it impossible by any means that the likes of Grant and Mancini will be applying- I have no information whethjer they will or not but both have signalled they want a PL club to manage within the last few weeks and within the timeframe it appeared likely Rovers would be a vacancy.

I know of two other very good people who are likely to apply who would get a lot of support on here but I am not going to break confidences on those as they are both doing very good jobs elsewhere at present at senior clubs.

There are also two further names that I believe might well be in contention which have got occasional mentions on this MB and they are also currently employed and doing impressive jobs.

Hull and Stoke's team spirit are down to their manager though - the sort of team spirit we had under Hughes. Fulham - Johnson yes, Zamora's only scored once for Fulham this season. Bolton are good at what they do beause they have a manager who plays to their strengths, not one who tries to get them to play in pretty triangles all the time. Again you name players but Santa Cruz is easily among them and was last season under Hughes. Hopefully the new man will sign some kind of decent right winger who can either supply Santa Cruz, or get a good right winger and a good striker we'd get from the sale of Santa Cruz.

We have a lot riding then on Cruz refinding his form. I am not sure that is likely to be honest. From the look of him he seems tired, out of shape and is not hungry for goals. Plus what he probably thought was a nailed on move in Jan is rapidly disappearing because his form is very poor. I can see a McCarthy situation again, although admittedly he is not as much of a sulk as Benni, when no one is willing to cough up 18m.

If Dunn and Grella stay fit I think we will do much better. And if we get a right winger of quality and move Emerton to right back again suddenly we will have a lot more attacking threat. I thoroughly agree. These things are not easy though, and we are in a poor position. A left winger also would be excellent.

In a poll put up right now, it has to be Souey, BFS, Curbs and ANO.

Those are the names being floated seriously.

I do not think it impossible by any means that the likes of Grant and Mancini will be applying- I have no information whethjer they will or not but both have signalled they want a PL club to manage within the last few weeks and within the timeframe it appeared likely Rovers would be a vacancy.

I know of two other very good people who are likely to apply who would get a lot of support on here but I am not going to break confidences on those as they are both doing very good jobs elsewhere at present at senior clubs.

There are also two further names that I believe might well be in contention which have got occasional mentions on this MB and they are also currently employed and doing impressive jobs.

What do you mean by senior clubs?

Would people like a poll or would they prefer to let the club get on with the process themselves?

I think a poll would be a good idea now to give JW an idea at what Rovers supporters want.

In the summer most fans felt BFS wouldn`t take us to the next level after finishing in the top ten on a regular basis.

But things have drastically changed and realistically we need somebody who can galvanise the players and put them back on the straight and narrow.The likes of Nelsen,Gamst,Santa and Warnock would benefit hugely from BFS`s motivation.

If we had a poll now i suspect more Rovers fans would be in favour of BFS,than there was in the summer.

It looks like we are going for another lower-level option. Id like to label it cheap even though Ince was on alot of money. Why do we think someone who hasnt even been around the Premier League in the past be able to get us out of this?

Baxter no thanks.

He will need to come in and make an immediate impact without having to get hold of the ropes. I dont think that will be possible.

Archived