BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: when the new manager is appionted and we go down,do we sack him as well :xmas::brfc:

depends on whether we feel he's been doing well and has us a decent chance to get us out of the championship or whether he's been rubbish and the players aren't playing for him. We're not a sacking club and try hard not to. we left it as long as we possibly could before we got rid this time. I take no pleasure at all in Ince's sacking but the time had come when for the good of the club he really had to go. If you can't see it you are either blind or being deliberately provocative

anyone up for the suggestion of a certain Mr Donis (currently at AEK Athens), a lesser-known Hughes like figure. Would be a shrewd managerial opinion - sentimental worth to the club to boot. His wages would certainly be affordable or at most commensurate with what Ince has been getting.

Like Terim and Irvine he'd be an interesting candidate if we weren't so deeply in the merde. We need a Red Adair and now isn't the time for "interesting candidates".

Mr Hoddle!

Great football, bundles of knowledge and if we can't rely on our players, we'll bring him on!

Thats a great idea. Appoint someone who believes disabled people are people who have done something evil in a other life?! :rolleyes::lol:

If Hoddle is out only choice, i say BRING BACK INCE!! :lol: (insert sarcasm here...)

Does anyone know who, if anyone, has been appointed as caretaker manager?

That is probable under discussion now. could even give it to Tugay until next week. I expect a hugh reaction against stoke on saturday. If Rovers do appoint somebody as manager before the weekend a home game against stoke is a nice way to start.

Thats a great idea. Appoint someone who believes disabled people are people who have done something evil in a other life?! :rolleyes::lol:

If Hoddle is out only choice, i say BRING BACK INCE!! :lol: (insert sarcasm here...)

Complete with faith healer - would hate to see Hoddle at Rovers. I think Rovers already know who they want in place. I think they linned up a replacement yesterday before finalizing the sacking of Ince.

That is probable under discussion now. could even give it to Tugay until next week. I expect a hugh reaction against stoke on saturday. If Rovers do appoint somebody as manager before the weekend a home game against stoke is a nice way to start.

i think the new man will be installed before the stoke game or aleast be appointed and attend the game. since it was leak last week that we where looking for a replacement last week, there must be some sort of shortlist. but my point is this will happen fast.

Just shown Pederson being the last man to leave training on SSN. Players instructed not to talk to press and Archie Knox took training.

Surely the fact that no caretaker has been announced means a successor will be announced before saturday ?

Just a query about Terim. Is it true this rumour about him being Tugay's cousin? I keep hearing about it but haven't seen any evidence to back it up. Does anyone know?

Posted earlier today.

QUOTE (Presty On Tour @ Dec 15 2008, 09:32 )

Fatih Terim would be my choice if we could get him. Like I said on the other thread, he is excellent for Turkey and has a cv 2nd to none.

The thing I like most is his passion for the game, he wears his heart on the sleeve and gives it his all.

If he is Tugay's cousin too, he could be a real possibility.

Pasted from Google.

Fatih Terim has always spoken highly of Barclays Premier League and said that he would like to get reunited with Tugay Kerimoglu who is Fatih's cousin. ...

And from Wiki.

Is this one step up from the Guv-nor.

Terim, a coach who values professional discipline and organization and amateur passion, was nicknamed "Imparator" (Turkish for "Emperor")

This post has been edited by 67splitscreen: Today, 13:25

For me there is only one stand out candidate in our current situation - Allardyce.

However the fact that we need to hit the ground running and get a healthy points haul from the next 3 games points towards a British manager or at least a foreign coach with extensive Premiership experience. We can't afford to have a foreign coach come in and take half a dozen games to adjust to the pace of the Premiership.

Curbishley for me...Dont think we can repeat the happy memories we had under Souness as this is a different situation..Before he built a team of talented younsters (Duff,Jansen & Dunny)for promotion..The one we need now is for survival...,Wasnt Souey recently linked to buying into a club(possibly Southampton I think)..If he has money in to inject that maybe a plus but then getting rid would difficult if he had to go....

I don't want to see Souey as a long term replacement for Ince. I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in if he put Tugs as a player coach, a role I genuinely thing Tugs would relish, mind you. Allardyce? To get us out of this mess yes. Curbs? I'm not sure at all with him. I thought he did a magnificent job at Charlton and was the main reason for their promotion and staying up at a club roughly our size. There are lots of people out there who would love to jump back into the managerial fray but I don't know many who would get the fans excited and upbeat about the future. Mancini? Too much of a risk at this point. Avram Grant? Hmm, lots of money to spend at Chelsea and an expensive squad at his disposal and he did ok, we're nothing like Chelsea though.

Next BRFC manager odds

Terim is a 25/1 shot.

Mancini is as low as 12/1 with some bookies!

Next BRFC manager odds

Terim is a 25/1 shot.

Next BRFC manager odds

Terim is a 25/1 shot.

Harry Redknapp? :wacko:

Steve Cotterill! :lol:

Archived