BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke City

rovgers

With this game being played the week before christmas and the opposition being one of the less glamourous teams, I can see the attendance for the game being one of the lowest we've had in the premier.

I've missed two home games in the league since 1985 but if I didn't have a season ticket, I think I would seriosly think about going christmas shopping instead.

It will be interesting how the fans react whether we win, draw or lose.

If Ince is still here on saturday, has anybody heard about demonstrations ala the toon?

I refuse to attend if Ince is still in charge. Even with our loudest support e.g. against Liverpool and Wigan for the first twelve minutes, we still wouldn't get anything with Ince in charge so there would be no point. Perhaps my boycotting will lend itself to a decision being made.

Onwards and upwards once he leaves! :D

haha i'm not talking about my own personal boycotting but the Rovers crowd in general :wacko:

With this game being played the week before christmas and the opposition being one of the less glamourous teams, I can see the attendance for the game being one of the lowest we've had in the premier.

I've missed two home games in the league since 1985 but if I didn't have a season ticket, I think I would seriosly think about going christmas shopping instead.

It will be interesting how the fans react whether we win, draw or lose.

If Ince is still here on saturday, has anybody heard about demonstrations ala the toon?

Stoke sold all their tickets and seeing as we havent played them since 1990, I reckon their fans will be really up for it. We could be bullied out of this one (once again) as our players just dont have the stomach for a battle. As for our fans demonstrating, I doubt it. A few Ince out chants perhaps but I suspect that is where it will end.

Jesus Christ you would think we'd never had a bad run before.

Ridiculous.

How about people forget about Ince and try and support the team and try to get the 3 points.

I mis heard on Goals on Sunday but they said this is our worst run of results since 1996, or in fact I am sure they said 1966...

Ridiculous.

How about people forget about Ince and try and support the team and try to get the 3 points.

Its the WORST run in our premier league history. Also the crowd have been (rightly) praised for the support against liverpool (by the media and Ince). The crowd has been very patient in my view. If Ince is still in charge at the game I can see a very nasty atmosphere and JW will have to act. If Ince is incharge still I can not see us winning or even drawing, so when the first goal goes in against us what has up to now been a reserved muttering in the home crowd will turn very vocal.

Its the WORST run in our premier league history. Also the crowd have been (rightly) praised for the support against liverpool (by the media and Ince). The crowd has been very patient in my view. If Ince is still in charge at the game I can see a very nasty atmosphere and JW will have to act. If Ince is incharge still I can not see us winning or even drawing, so when the first goal goes in against us what has up to now been a reserved muttering in the home crowd will turn very vocal.

Agreed !!!!

And if it does not then we might as well give up as I will not go to anymore games with Ince in charge !!!!

Ridiculous.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. You can't be serious?!?! I think you've seriously been watching something else. Do you not realise that there is no way we can stay up with Ince at the helm. If you don't understand that, then you simply haven't been to many Rovers matches of late.

I mis heard on Goals on Sunday but they said this is our worst run of results since 1996, or in fact I am sure they said 1966...

i heard 1966!

the rovers crowd have been astonishingly patient with ince, and some still were on saturday.... many started chants of 'paul ince's blue and white army' to drown out the anti ince songs! :o

also, note to the 'burberry brigade'.... can we please use our collective voices to sing 'pro rovers' songs, rather than 'no nay never!' the odd chant of it is fine, but constantly!

dont get me wrong... i despise burnley, the town and the club.... but i dont really care about them at the moment!

crowd at the stoke game, depends on what happens over the next few hours or so.

if as i expect.... its souness... i think the crowd will be sizeable.

whatever happens, nows the time for the stay-aways to return!

As disappointed as I feel at the moment with Ince, the club and the team, I'll still be there.

Whatever happens to us, I'll still be a Rovers fan - there's nothing I can do about that I'm afraid (wish there was at times like these)

I just hope that this situation doesn't drag on as long as the board took to decide to appoint Ince in the first place.

We need a miracle - and I'm not quite sure who will fit that bill. Sam Allardyce?? Not sure, but at the minute - I'd take him like a shot.

Ridiculous.

I wasn't saying there should be a demonstration, just wondering if there was.

Its easy saying forget about Ince but he's the one that keeps playing players out of position.

I've heard mutterings where I work that if Ince wasn't sacked before the stoke game they would want to lose, if that meant him going!!

I'll be there to support the team and I'll let Ince know what I feel about him after the final whistle.

I wasn't saying there should be a demonstration, just wondering if there was.

Its easy saying forget about Ince but he's the one that keeps playing players out of position.

I've heard mutterings at school (where I work) that if Ince sacked before the stoke game they would want to lose, if that meant him going!!

I'll be there to support the team and I'll let Ince know what I feel about him after the final whistle.

But its stupid wanting us to lose so that he goes. Every point is gonna be very important and it will only be 1 or 2 points which will mean the difference between staying up or going down. No matter who is in charge.

At the end of the day players that have been played in position, pedersen, nelsen, samba, santa cruz...have all played awfully most of the season. Nelsen and samba would look out of place in the league i play in. They should all feel ashamed!

I agree that the players that have played in there right positions could have played better. We had situations last season where some of the players mentioned had poor games and didn't play well but the others covered for them.

Take Santa Cruz, you can't expect him to score with out any proper service and he won't get that from having Derbyshire and Roberts on the wings (at wigan) or Pedersen and Emerton in centre midfield.

If players like Pedersen, nelsen and the rest are playing awful then Ince should have the Balls to drop some of them.

Archived