BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keep Your Nose Out Lma

graham W

So the latest source heaping pressure on John Williams and the board is some clown at the league managers' association - keen to leap into an interview on Radio 5, and quotes plastered all over teletext

"Give Ince more time, only in position for <5 months, no chance to bring in his own players, needs the backing 'other' chairmen have afforded their managers, give young English talent a chance.....blah blah blah..."

Is it just me, but it seems the vultures are already circling over Ewood - LMA are just the latest to stoke up the fire, JW has taken a heap of stick on here, but he just plain cant win. The press and the football establishment are ready to crucify him for 'panicking' and not seeing through his appointment, we as supporters want him to act decisively and quickly.

As is usual with the press, there is very little ability to counter the story with facts, but wouldnt it be great if a 'tame' journo, or a connected MB contributor could get some form of statement pointing out what we know to be true ?

What I have seen, [but is invisible to much of the media] is a manager given a chance and fouling up at the first base.

Don't judge Ince by his player recruitment, question his judgement as reflected by his choice of employment of support staff - While someone like Southgate has been given admirable support, he started to earn it by not engaging has-been coaches [Archie Knox], lower league journeymen coaches [Ray Matthias], part-time coaches [Nigel Winterburn] and a goalkeeping coach who might have seen the signs early and cleared off [Eric Steele].

I havent yet heard the LMA citing any rapid progress and dedication [or even any intent] shown by our PI in striving to attain his coaching qualifications, but perhaps he's a special case.

Lions led by donkeys - true in 1914, true at BRFC 2008.

JW has my unflinching support and sympathy, he cannot afford to be seen acting hastily - he has to tread warily to avoid the inevitable and unsavoury playing of the 'race card', the trial by TV pundit, and the need to demonstrate to everyone that he has a cogent plan B ready to go-live immediately.

Remember all - it wont just be PI that will go, [happily] his sorry shower of a coaching team will accompany him, this will be the most crucial month in BRFC's recent history.

The press and the football establishment seem to be daring JW to take them on - us supporters need to back him to do so in the best interests of the club.

I agree. We as a club usually don't take decisions like this lightly! We have one of the better managerial records over the seasons compared to many others. Right now the game changes so quickly that unless we act, we were in danger of losing too much ground to make up.

I'm all for giving managers a healthy chance of success - but only if there is room for manoeuvre. We have no room left now, and this season the gap is tighter than for a long time, so we need to ensure we keep in touch otherwise it is going to be harder than ever to try and claw your way back up the table.

I just hope we haven't left it too late already.

A club like us cannot afford relegation, and that was where we were heading. If the LMA are so concerned why don't they initiate moves to disband the Premier League. Before it came about, many clubs that were not league challengers could afford to stick with a manager for a bit longer, as relegation would not mean a loss of £30m, and the fan base would not fluctuate so much. Now, thanks to the lovely Premier League, there is too much pressure on avoiding relegation at all costs because of finances, and thus there is more pressure on managers at clubs with smaller budgets.

Again, Blackburn Rovers cannot afford to be relegated, otherwise we'll end up like Charlton or Southampton.

A club like us cannot afford relegation, and that was where we were heading. If the LMA are so concerned why don't they initiate moves to disband the Premier League. Before it came about, many clubs that were not league challengers could afford to stick with a manager for a bit longer, as relegation would not mean a loss of £30m, and the fan base would not fluctuate so much. Now, thanks to the lovely Premier League, there is too much pressure on avoiding relegation at all costs because of finances, and thus there is more pressure on managers at clubs with smaller budgets.

Again, Blackburn Rovers cannot afford to be relegated, otherwise we'll end up like Charlton or Southampton.

Printed off, framed and hung above my fire place. :lol:

TAFKAP - Go away, dingles not welcome. And not welcome in the premier league either - "Staying down forever".

As for the LMA - Tough luck, he had to go, it was either Ince or Blackburn Rovers. Sorry but Paul Ince is the least importance to our club, especially now - Goodbye. Onwards and upwards

TAFKAP - Go away, dingles not welcome. And not welcome in the premier league either - "Staying down forever".

Sorry Hughsey but you've been swayed by Yoga's obsession with me being a Dingle, and for the second time I will say it again... I am not a Burnley fan.

Sorry Hughsey but you've been swayed by Yoga's obsession with me being a Dingle, and for the second time I will say it again... I am not a Burnley fan.

If you say it for a 3rd time does your best friend get crucified?

It shows how patient the board was with Ince for the LMA even to have enough time to get round to issuing a statement!

TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Come on, you see what spurs, sunderland do to their manager? And not forgetting sunderland is above us when keane is sack. Ramos just bring home a league cup for spurs. (He is even know a real madrid manager) Tell LMA to just shutup. A club like us is very good to our coaching stuff. Even playing game like football manager, board won't be so nice to YOU. Lol!

TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Come on, you see what spurs, sunderland do to their manager? And not forgetting sunderland is above us when keane is sack. Ramos just bring home a league cup for spurs. (He is even know a real madrid manager) Tell LMA to just shutup. A club like us is very good to our coaching stuff. Even playing game like football manager, board won't be so nice to YOU. Lol!

Keane wasn't sacked. He walked out.

On the flip-side to all the perceived negative mentioned PR above - Today SSN seem to have devoted lots of positive air time to the club. Not only has there been the expected minimum of a quick news-flash and scroller, I've seen several in-depth interviews with 3 former players, an interview with current players at the hospital, plus reporters camped outside Ewood for regular updates. All of which have been shown several times throughout the afternoon. Hopefully with the 'live' press conference at 4pm tomorrow - It adds up to a lot of positive PR and its always nice to see Rovers featuring in the national headlines (for the right reasons) more often.

Would have liked to see the reaction if Ince was manaer of Utd, Pool, Chelsi or LeArse and see what the "pundits" thought if the start was replicated.

If you consider our long line of British Managers these other mobs certainly have a hide in condeming BRFC for the decision.

Archived