BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So This Was Williams' Plan All Along...

LeChuck

I, like others, have been doubting the ability of our chairman over the last few months...but I've just realised he's a genius.

It was obvious Sam Allardyce was (by a long way) the most qualified candidate for the job...but the fans' reaction (Facebook etc.) made it impossible to appoint him. So how do you get around that? Appoint the worst man you can find for a few months, wait until the fans will accept anyone then make your move!

What a brilliant long-term strategy for the well-being of the club. Mr Williams, I salute you.

In all seriousness, if we do get Allardyce I think he's done an excellent job. Ince was a mistake, but if he only has a 50% success rate appointing managers he'll still be doing a far better job than most other chairmen in this division.

Alternatively, if our chairman had the temerity to ignore Facebook and do the right thing in the Summer we'd be circa £6m better off and probably much higher in the league.

Tomato-Tomato.

But with grumbling fans. Only the real idiots don't realise how much better than Ince Allardyce is now!

Alternatively, if our chairman had the temerity to ignore Facebook and do the right thing in the Summer we'd be circa £6m better off and probably much higher in the league.

Tomato-Tomato.

Undoubtedly.

Let's face it a plan that was to ignore two managers from the last England shortlist; promote someone who had minimal experience up three levels; put no get-out clause in a 3-year minted contract; provide no apparent oversight to other key appointments; provide no net funds; argue to your bosses he needed more time when it was clearly a failure, then get told by your bosses to fire him doesn't sound like a well thought through plan of a mastermind.

It was like taking the manager from the Longton branch of Booths and making him CEO of Tesco, while passing over the past CEO's of Siansbury and Morrisons; allowing him to bring the shelf-stackers to put in as divisional managers, then giving him 17 shopping days to rise to the challenge.

I suppose the upside is that, as Sam has remained on the dole since summer, he'll only be able to bring in 30 sidekicks as he needs us even more than we need him.

I, like others, have been doubting the ability of our chairman over the last few months...but I've just realised he's a genius.

It was obvious Sam Allardyce was (by a long way) the most qualified candidate for the job...but the fans' reaction (Facebook etc.) made it impossible to appoint him. So how do you get around that? Appoint the worst man you can find for a few months, wait until the fans will accept anyone then make your move!

What a brilliant long-term strategy for the well-being of the club. Mr Williams, I salute you.

:lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant reasoning!

Williams's gaffe in appointing Ince and then getting it right second time has already cost the club circa £5-6 million in wages/compensation ; if Rovers are relegated the cost will be many more times that amount.

Perhaps Mr Williams would care to compensate the club for his error - a forward advance of £5 million will do.

You remind me of that episode of Absolute Power in which they engineer some bigot to head British Airways, so that a relative of Osama Bin Laden is seen as more suitable.

Absolute power

Williams's gaffe in appointing Ince and then getting it right second time has already cost the club circa £5-6 million in wages/compensation ; if Rovers are relegated the cost will be many more times that amount.

Could you break that down Jim? I have been lead to believe that Ince etc was on an 'evergreen' 12 month rolling contract over 3 years.

Perhaps Mr Williams would care to compensate the club for his error - a forward advance of £5 million will do.

So Williams is the sole decision maker at the club? He's an employee afaik. There's a board of directors who make a decision on who to appoint, no? Yes Williams may put names forward but it's not his decision is it?

One small consolation for an awful lot of phone calls.

This story - which came out on December 5 - obviously had something in it despite the denials/outrage etc.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/2008/12/06/b...15875-20949356/

Sam is a reasonable choice.

But I think the key here is who he brings with him - because he is not a top coach - and what players he signs.

There is still an almighty job to be done.

We all say things we regret later, most normal people only say them when there ###### though.

Adams only falls into one of those categories. ???

Guess history is repeating it's self with him, I'll have a triple JD & Coke, one down the hatch, the other up his sneck.

What did caprice say, spineless, or dickless, probably both. :D

Archived