BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd expect him to stop us leaking goals first, he seemed to like Ben Haim who's certainly not settled at City. He may also not be happy with our goalkeeeper ( I'm not anyway), what about the no 2 at Bolton. He had a great spell last season when he stood in for Jaskalinen. I think Sam coming in will mean the expected offer for Santa Cruz will be accepted and the money will be used to re-inforce the squad.

As a side note, who does he get rid of?

My wish list:

Derbyshire

Roberts

Treacy

Reid

Fowler

Andrews

As a side note,

Derbyshire, if we where to go down(dont think we will) he would be our first choose forward next season, and will be very important during the next few months, pops up with vital goals.

Treacy, i would loan him out untill end of season, really for next season.

fine with the rest.

Sell RSC for £18m and give every penny over to Sam to spend. Lets see what he's made of.

Agree. I'm so angry with RSC this season. I feel like he has let us down and I'm certain he has a Citeh shirt under his Rovers one. When he leaves in Jan (as I'm certain he will) he will forever be remembered as a decent striker not not a Rovers legend, a bit like Benni in some respects.

:rover:

In

Eadie McCready from Celtic.

Elano - if he'll come - to replace Tugay.

Ouijer to re-sign for another year.

Out:

Robbo

Warnock

Fowler's gone already

Andrews

Reid- on insurance if he's never going to get fit.

RSC or Benni Don't work together at all.

Simpson

Tugay - full time coach maybe (hasn't worked yet)

Bunn - if he doesn't replace Robbo

Treacy costs nowt anyway - keep

Is Nelsen sellable?

Roberts play or sell = paid for nowt

Notice the Axe seems to have a role again? Probably fit into a tougher midfield role.

Thank you for the post from the Psychiatric Ward JAL.

Thankfully, whatever delights PI was planning to inflict on us can be binned together with the Summer Transfers (?) thread.

BFS will have been doing his homework as he knows that having a juicy attainable wish list that costs naff all is the route to a Chairman's heart.

Given the media work he has been doing in the Middle East, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few from that neck of the woods spending time at Brockhall on trial in the immediate future. At least he will have the grace to go and look at the triallists unlike his predecessor did.

Thank you for the post from the Psychiatric Ward JAL.

Thankfully, whatever delights PI was planning to inflict on us can be binned together with the Summer Transfers (?) thread.

BFS will have been doing his homework as he knows that having a juicy attainable wish list that costs naff all is the route to a Chairman's heart.

Given the media work he has been doing in the Middle East, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few from that neck of the woods spending time at Brockhall on trial in the immediate future. At least he will have the grace to go and look at the triallists unlike his predecessor did.

Come on philipl, you're coming across as overating our players. Doesnt matter were they come from just so long as they are better than what we've got, to me its all about assembling a winning side on the pitch. What we've been watching this season is a collective bunch of losers, for me they have to be changed doesnt matter how good a coach you are the players have to be of a higher quality the league doesnt lie.

January represents a great opportunity to move some of our players on hopefully big Sam will be able to achieve this to his and the clubs benefit.

Oops!!!! his benefit will it ever go away.

Two priority positions for me, right wing obviously and a new centre half to shore up the back. Prefered players stared, none of them getting much of a game:

Central defenders

- *Agger (loan, Skrtel is back soon and in any case Hypia has been preffered. He's was a rock last year)

- *Ben haim (he'd come - good option for us)

- Silvestre?? (loan, not getting much at Arsenal)

- Ferreira? (loan, not geting much at Chelsea)

Right wingers

- *Van der Meyde (exiled at Everton. I remember seeing him at Ewood a few years back and he was class. Never understtod why he doesn't play)

- *Wayne Routledge (returns from his loan at Cardiff and has impressed whereever he's been. Scored against Burnley the other week)

- *Babel (loan, not getting in the Liverpool team and has the pace we're lacking)

- Aaron Ramsey? can play on the wing but maybe a gamble..

Would like a serious battling midfielder too - or does Grella fit the bill their? I think Gravesen is a free agent after leaving Celtic?? Sam would get him fit, he has the fight we need, is still only 32 and with bags of experience.

My first choices would be Ben Haim, Routledge and Graveson:

---------------------Robinson---------------------

Emerton------Oojer----Ben Haim---Warnock--

Routledge--Gravesen----Dunn------MGP-------

----------------RSC------McCarthy---------------

That wouldn't break the bank, and would definately not go down.

Have a cold for stupidly going out lightly clad in the sun and freezing my wotsits when the clouds and the north-easterly came in. Sorry for the grumpy insult.

I don't accept your premiss that the players are en bloc a total write-off.

There is a huge fitness and strength problem caused by the training so whether any of them have declined beyond repair is open to question.

Reid and Grella cannot be sold because they are currently injured and only Dean Ashton gets sold whilst on the physio's table.

RSC has an injury he has been carrying and Ince has forced him to play against all medical advice, apparently.

From a financial standpoint, you have to remember that 15-20% of any transfer transaction leaks out of the club to agent/player. Then you also have to remember that wages are going to fall in the PL but they haven't done yet so although transfer fees might well ease towards the end of January although I think we could see a window like the summer where everryone expects frantic action and then relatively little happens as there is no liquidity. So even this January, it is in the club's interest to concentrate on must get buys rather than frittering badly needed time and management attention on a jumble sale of the current players.

Have a cold for stupidly going out lightly clad in the sun and freezing my wotsits when the clouds and the north-easterly came in. Sorry for the grumpy insult.

I don't accept your premiss that the players are en bloc a total write-off.

There is a huge fitness and strength problem caused by the training so whether any of them have declined beyond repair is open to question.

Reid and Grella cannot be sold because they are currently injured and only Dean Ashton gets sold whilst on the physio's table.

RSC has an injury he has been carrying and Ince has forced him to play against all medical advice, apparently.

From a financial standpoint, you have to remember that 15-20% of any transfer transaction leaks out of the club to agent/player. Then you also have to remember that wages are going to fall in the PL but they haven't done yet so although transfer fees might well ease towards the end of January although I think we could see a window like the summer where everryone expects frantic action and then relatively little happens as there is no liquidity. So even this January, it is in the club's interest to concentrate on must get buys rather than frittering badly needed time and management attention on a jumble sale of the current players.

I'm looking at it from a quick fix angle and one to excite the fans which for me and many other fans is what we desperately need to gives us hope though fully understand the financial difficulities that you so kindly point out.

Suppose we'll just have to hope that a new training regime provides that vital impetus thats required, cant believe Cruz was played whilst injured, just hope this isnt a smoke screen for his below par performances.

Keep up the good work philipl.

There definitely has to be some investment and I expect Allardyce demanded some during his talks with Williams. I think the time spent between Williams and the Trustees over the last 2 weeks may lead to funds being made available.

I'd like to see us bring in Tal Ben Haim and Onouha from City, Appiah, Adam Johnson and Pennant.

I think if we got Benni fit and tell RSC he can go at the end of the season then I think players above would make a real difference.

I'd like Sam to ship out Nelsen, Andrews and Pedersen

Robinson

Onouha

Ben Haim

Ooijer

Warnock

Pennant

Emerton

Appiah

Johnson

Benni

RSC

The above team would be a massive improvement and I think the incoming players could be brought in cheaply or on loan.

Back on topic! A few players that I think Sam might look at could be(pure guess no foundation)

J.Beattie - typical BFS target man

D. Fletcher - not getting as many games at man utd

Ben Haim - Out of favour a city Sam highly rated him

S. Larsson - Desperately need crossess from somewhere!

Like i said all guessess but all logical!

Archived