BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

I do worry Sam won't be RSC's type of manager even though I'm glad he's here. Hope I'm wrong though. At least he's a competent manager at the very least.

Are you kidding?

RSC..... Great with back to goal, strong in the air, superb 1st touch, no pushover for ch's, accomplished scorer. RSC is any managers type of CF but Sams in particular. Problem is we will have to sell to buy, nad RSc / City might already be a done deal.

There's that story in the Sun which is very encouraging, however the Mail runs the exact opposite story saying RSC will be sold to raise funds to wheel and deal.

How do they get paid for writing such tosh? One of them must be completely wrong!

Ask AN Simon? He'll surely know.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's that story in the Sun which is very encouraging, however the Mail runs the exact opposite story saying RSC will be sold to raise funds to wheel and deal.

How do they get paid for writing such tosh? One of them must be completely wrong!

Yet again not exactly surprising to see a negative story about us in the Mail. And Sam hasn't even got in the door yet!.

Really don't know what it is they have against us.

I'm quite happy that the Daily Heil dont like us.

Are you kidding?

RSC..... Great with back to goal, strong in the air, superb 1st touch, no pushover for ch's, accomplished scorer. RSC is any managers type of CF but Sams in particular. Problem is we will have to sell to buy, nad RSc / City might already be a done deal.

Thats funny, I read today that the board where going to release funds anyway, regardless of RSC.

Willie McKay. Peter Harrison. Utter scrotes the pair of them.

Joy.

To sell/get rid of:

Fowler

Andrews

The axe

Tugay (as in play less/get involved behind the scene).

To buy/get in:

On the right: Kazim Richards. Every time I have seen him he looks a decent prospect, he's young and wants to play in the premier league. I must confess to only seeing him play on maybe three occasions.

The most important area for me is right wing. I think the other positions are a sort of 'see who we can get'.

I'd like us to try and get some younger players in. A striker and defender would be good, someone like Ben Haim if we could get him. Obviously played for Sam before, is a proven player in the premiership but is still young enough to not need replacing for a few years. As for a striker, someone with the pace of Agbonlahor would be good!

I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on whether BFS will be more clued up than Ince already as to Rover's squad. It seemed to take the Gv'nor many weeks to actually realise where people play best.

If someone else had been offered my job, to be honest, I'd be keeping a weasel eye on the proceedings and waiting for them to hopefully f*** up. Hopefully now he will be in a position to already have a vision in terms of squad development. Maybe he's been reading the messageboard!

To be honest, I don't think Ince even knew where Blackburn was when he accepted the job.

I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on whether BFS will be more clued up than Ince already as to Rover's squad. It seemed to take the Gv'nor many weeks to actually realise where people play best.

If someone else had been offered my job, to be honest, I'd be keeping a weasel eye on the proceedings and waiting for them to hopefully f*** up. Hopefully now he will be in a position to already have a vision in terms of squad development. Maybe he's been reading the messageboard!

To be honest, I don't think Ince even knew where Blackburn was when he accepted the job.

Given it was only last year that he last managed in the prem, and that our squad has not had significant changes since his time as manager of Bolton, I'd like to think he would.

Why would you be praying for a manager thats not BFS to f*** up as you so eliquinatly put it. I may not advocate Sam and I have my reasons but that does not mean I want him to screw it up.

He has my support as he's in charge of the club I support, Sams success equeals Rovers success. The same would be applicable to any-one else, do you follow the logic?

TBH honest Hughsey I think its more like we'll be signing Bjorn whothehellamI. Even if the board dip in they not gonna produce 20M+ loans could be a good option for those not playing?

Curiously anyone know what agent allardyce favours? Nicko?

Diouf, if we're going to have a bad boy I'd rather Barton, Sam signed him once.

I see we are still being linked to that Janko but now he's worth £9M :blink::wacko: Madness!

I've no problem with Barton the only thing is the last I saw he was out injured for 6 to 8 weeks. We need signings who'll make an immediate impact.

Thanks for the info Hog. So you only get 10 good games a season out of Diouf ? We've got a winger who doesn't have any but plays 35-40 games a season !

One I keep banging on about , Stephen Hunt at Reading. I don't rate Larson ( Birmingham), no pace, we've got enough slow players as it is.

i very much doubt Sam will get Barton in January considering he is injured. We need at least 4 new faces in the january transfer market i think. I think we need a right winger, left winger, right back and a forward.

i would go for

Finnan

Johnson

Pennant or Fletcher on loan

Keane on loan or try to buy him if we can afford him which i doubt we can

Just a thought folks...... could we please stop referring to our new manager as BFS or Fat Sam etc? For a start it is downright insulting and is surely against the rules and regs of this MB ( though somehow overlooked by the one's with the power), and for another (and possibly seen by most as more valid) reason, he is now OUR manager, not the manager of our rivals down the road.

I for one am very happy with this appointment as I firmly believe that Big Sam is the ideal candidate to get us out of the mess we are in at present, and even should he fail in this now near impossible task, he is the one candidate that I would back as the most likely to get us back up should we get relegated this season.

Give the guy a chance. He will surely shake up the players and the training methods and if ANYONE can turn it round at this late stage it must be Big Sam.

Have some faith, and get behind him and the team. I wish I could be there this Saturday, but unfortunately it is simply not possible. However I will be rooting for them like I always have done, and I urge you all that call yourselves Rovers fans to get there if it is at all possible for you to do so.

UP THE ROVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought folks...... could we please stop referring to our new manager as BFS or Fat Sam etc? For a start it is downright insulting and is surely against the rules and regs of this MB ( though somehow overlooked by the one's with the power), and for another (and possibly seen by most as more valid) reason, he is now OUR manager, not the manager of our rivals down the road.

I for one am very happy with this appointment as I firmly believe that Big Sam is the ideal candidate to get us out of the mess we are in at present, and even should he fail in this now near impossible task, he is the one candidate that I would back as the most likely to get us back up should we get relegated this season.

Give the guy a chance. He will surely shake up the players and the training methods and if ANYONE can turn it round at this late stage it must be Big Sam.

Have some faith, and get behind him and the team. I wish I could be there this Saturday, but unfortunately it is simply not possible. However I will be rooting for them like I always have done, and I urge you all that call yourselves Rovers fans to get there if it is at all possible for you to do so.

UP THE ROVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont even think he's that fat anymore. Must have been on the Atkins.

Multinational patchwork of footballers? As opposed to the rest of the teams in the league?

I'll tell you what happened. You saw what happened at Bolton and you didn't like it. Nor did I. What you, or probably me or most of us didnt realise at the time is that we were doing very similar things are Rovers. We got Savage and Bellamy who people hate. We maybe played marginally better football (only marginally). And we both had similarish successes. But you saw Bolton's as ugly and unacceptable while you welcomed ours. Perfectly natural reaction of a partisan football fan, but now Allardyce is our man it's time to remove the tinted glasses...

What I meant by multinational patchwork of footballers, is that Bolton's player turnover was high. Revolving doors and all that. He was signing the likes of Idan Tal, Braaten, Laville, Mikel Alonso, Gerald Cid, David Thompson, Quinton Fortune, Oscar Perez, Martin Djetou, Fadiga, Fernando Hierro, Vincent Candela, Bulent Akin and so on. How long did most of these players stay at Bolton? Not long.

That's not to say he did not make good signings. However, imo, Allardyce's Bolton didn't have a real identity because he kept wheeling and dealing, a loanee from Azerbaijan here, a 38 Bosman "warhorse" there. There was no developmental plan to create a stable team.

Of course, financial restrictions made it necessary for Allardyce to be cute in the market but I still think that he over did the 'random foreign/experienced player speculation". If Allardyce intends to adopt the same piecemeal approach to squad management at Rovers, then I genuinely think that we may as well close down the academy. BFS would much rather haul in a Israeli short-term loanee than give a young player a chance.

I really believe that he will keep us up. So, I guess I will quit whining until we see what Allardyce has in store for Rovers. If this guy from Leeds he's brought in was involved in the development of Delph, Beckford and others at Leeds, maybe he'll be a useful addition and ensure that our reserves/academy still play a part in Rovers future.

Stephen Appiah, Onuha(sp) would be 2 good signings. Still think we will now see more of Zurab and Vogel. Anybody for Wayne Bridge,im just asking so please dont rip my head off. Still dreaming of Saviola signing,but then i wake up lol

I think we might be better off if we sell santa cruz but only if sam is given the entire transfer fee to spend himself,players i think he should target are,ben haim,didi hamann(no im not joking),steve finnan,appiah.We are also lacking any sort of pace and genuine width id make a move for mcgeady although i wouldnt spend more than 6mill on him,id love to see kightly brought in but i find it doubtful that wolves will sell anyone.Steven hunt would be a great signing and also kevin doyle would add pace upfront.

Stephen Appiah, Onuha(sp) would be 2 good signings. Still think we will now see more of Zurab and Vogel. Anybody for Wayne Bridge,im just asking so please dont rip my head off. Still dreaming of Saviola signing,but then i wake up lol

Onuha's no better than what we've got. Wayne Bridge not thanks, very average player in a good team. Before his form hit the skids Warnock was a better player.

Onuha's dad is a teacher at the school I work at, very nice guy.

I really believe that he will keep us up. So, I guess I will quit whining until we see what Allardyce has in store for Rovers. If this guy from Leeds he's brought in was involved in the development of Delph, Beckford and others at Leeds, maybe he'll be a useful addition and ensure that our reserves/academy still play a part in Rovers future.

He only joined in Feb 2008 I doubt he should be creditted with Delph, Beckford et al.

Den posted this early yesterday:

McDonalds Career.

i mentioned gravesen a couple of pages back, does anyone know if he's found a club since leaving Celtic (according to wiki he hasn't..). now he'd probably have toget back in shape but if anyone can do it sam can, and he's still on 32.

for me, he's just the type of battler we need and has bags of exprience.

also, cannot see a better right wing option than wayne outledge. unwanted at villa, doing great on loan a t cardiff and has impressed wherever he's been.

add to that ben haim and I think we'll just fine.

plus, i feel with ince out the way, benni and vogel will be like having two new signings.

Archived