BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fat Sam's Training Methods

Roverall

It is funny how people hear different things! I heard Ince never used anything and pretty much just let AK and RM make the players run around whilst doing a few sit ups (or press ups if you were naughty, lol)

I am glad BFS is in charge, the club is rotten at the moment. It needs sorting out FAST and he will.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ince actually used Pro-Zone more than Hughes, so I think you'd best take your foot out of your mouth and get your coat.

The less you understand something the more time you have to spend on it. No offence but Ince comes to a club and finds an interesting new toy... the fact he used it more just confirms to me how he was lacking in his own methods... lets remember Hughes asked for ProZone, Ince merely inherited it.

...Or you were just going through a bad run of form? You were still NINE whole points from the drop, I know you played easier teams but we sacked Ince because of our current position. Additionally Sam deserved more benefit of the doubt because he HAD achieved good things in the League with Bolton, both before and after Phil Brown's reign. He deserved more time because you weren't in immediate danger.

You can't compare our current position to yours under Sam. You were much closer to relegation the season before he came, weren't in any immediate danger and had a man with a proven track record. We're looking likely to go down right now, have been an established top 10 side for the last three seasons and had a man with no Premier League experience to draw on. Fact is countless managers have looked even worse than Sam did, been kept on and gone from strength to strength.

Firing Sam and getting Keegan in was the reason why you ended up the way you did last season.

Clearly you don't know what happenned at Newcastle last season.

We fired allardyce, then had several tricky games against the top 4. In fact we lost eight of our remaining 17 games after Allardyce was sacked, but these were all against the top six or Blackburn which was plain bad luck. We didn't lose a single game against any other team, and it was that run where we played really good football, and carried that run on into the new season picking up four points against Manyoo, Arsenal and Bolton.

It was this good run under Keegan that got us out of relegation, he didn't lead us towards it, he just had to play games that any Newcastle manager would have lost Blackburn aside. For Allardyce, the only way was down.

So yeah, I'd rather have Keegan, but bygones are bygones and Newcastle are in as much trouble with Kinnear as you lot are with Allardyce.

We fired allardyce, then had several tricky games against the top 4. In fact we lost eight of our remaining 17 games after Allardyce was sacked, but these were all against the top six or Blackburn which was plain bad luck. We didn't lose a single game against any other team, and it was that run where we played really good football, and carried that run on into the new season picking up four points against Manyoo, Arsenal and Bolton.

It was this good run under Keegan that got us out of relegation, he didn't lead us towards it, he just had to play games that any Newcastle manager would have lost Blackburn aside. For Allardyce, the only way was down.

So yeah, I'd rather have Keegan, but bygones are bygones and Newcastle are in as much trouble with Kinnear as you lot are with Allardyce.

You seem to be a hard man to please, 3-0 at Pompey not good enough ? I thought Joe was doing alright.

You seem to be a hard man to please, 3-0 at Pompey not good enough ? I thought Joe was doing alright.

Two seasons ago we thrashed AZ Alkmaar 4-2 but were completely appalling in the second leg and got knocked out. Truth is Newcastle have had the players to win matches, but the management is just as important, and as such Newcastle's current form needs to be judged in runs of 5 or 6 games, and not single matches, and so far under Kinnear it has been the occasional flash of good spoilt by endless mess ups.

These are his training methods:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zmzp1Wt3tkU

He had the Newcastle players the least fit I had ever seen them. Half the team were incapable of running in the second half.

Did anybody else think the voice in that video wasn't Big Sams? I know he is from the black country but it sounded like Frank Skinner (altho abit deeper)

How can you say that Sam hasn't even had one game with us let alone a training session. Weren't you in 11th when you sacked Big Sam.

Actually Ince demanded and got an upgrade to the latest and greatest all singing and dancing version of pro-zone that Hughes never used.

What he did with it is an interesting (or not) question.

You could give Aaron Mokeona the most expensive, hi-tech football boots in the world but we all know Leo Messi would still be able to skip past him quite easily in barefoot.

It's not so much about the level of data you've got, it's more about what you do with it. Maybe Ince over-analysised too much with all the statistics avaliable to him.

Stop picking on the newcastle fan and accept him for what he is, a sad greedy geordie who supports a crap football team but that does mean he's never wrong (apparently). Saying Newcastle are in the same position as Rovers right now is a bit ridiculous when you look at the table. We were up sh1t creek without a paddle and now Big Fat Sam has come along with a couple of sticks - they'll all have to work very hard but it might just be enough. I can't even imagine the trust making any transfer funds available based on past so it looks like we may los Santa in order to strengthen other areas but if get anything close to the talked about £20mil then will help our midfield a lot and Benni and Derbyshire might just be enough. We've survived with worse - if we we're relying on Dickov as a lone striker right now I really wouldn't have any hope left.

Two seasons ago we thrashed AZ Alkmaar 4-2 but were completely appalling in the second leg and got knocked out. Truth is Newcastle have had the players to win matches, but the management is just as important, and as such Newcastle's current form needs to be judged in runs of 5 or 6 games, and not single matches, and so far under Kinnear it has been the occasional flash of good spoilt by endless mess ups.

To be honest I think the demands at Newcastle are far higher than at Rovers. We dont expect success but our team over the last 15 years has exceeded our expctations. Big Sam will prosper in a smaller club environment; we are pleased to have him here whereas you may have wanted somebody more high profile. I wish the Geordies well as I have great respect for your fans. I do think Sam will do wonders for us short and long term!

Actually Ince demanded and got an upgrade to the latest and greatest all singing and dancing version of pro-zone that Hughes never used.

What he did with it is an interesting (or not) question.

Just seen Sam in GAME, Middlebrook picking up 11 Wii Fit boards!

Random interesting fact. I used to work for prozone (before production was outsourced to India; typical). It is not foolproof, far from it, but is a useful piece of kit if used correctly. A criticism I heard levelled at Allardyce was that he was too reliant on it, in that it was the only bit of kit he used. He didn't use it to compliment training, it WAS the training.

This was all heresay, so we will just see what happens

To the Newcastle fan, have you ever wondered how such a big club like Newcastle are never successful despite managers such as Dalglish, Souness, Allardyce, Gullet, Keegan etc etc??

It is a club I despise due to the one eyed wonder who was chairman at the time and robbed Blackburn Rovers of the best keeper in the leagues, never paid them for him, said he was injured, so he went to Stoke city and kept Shilton out of the team for two years!! George Eastham who was Stoke manager at the time said 'Roger Jones is the best keeper I have ever seen'

He's a typical Toon Faithful what do you expect :rolleyes:

They want the moon on a stick up there.

Yep an odd bunch. Totally unrealsistic expectations of their team that is never diminished year after barren year. Insularity caused by lots of working class with no work, inherited goldfish memories and relative isolation imo. Just like a bigger Barrow but on the East Coast.

Looking forward to seeing some improvement in performances since we will no longer be training by running endlessly around a field doing press-ups.

The constrast couldn't be any more stark. We've gone from the dark ages into buck Rogers in the 25th Century in one fell swoop.

Archived