"Uncle Sam"?

But not tonight I've got studies to examine

Tomorrow I'll be watching all the Queen's men

A talent contest on Monday with my Uncle Sam

Who now takes up all of my time, gives me things to do

He's a wonderful man

But I'm sailing across the sea to see my Uncle Sam

I'm sailing across the sea to be with my Uncle Sam

BTW any chance of dropping the Fat as in BFS? Not very complimentary to our new manager!

Something odd about Rovers fans in that respect. Back in what I think was '93 or '94 we were in a pub in Crewe prior to a cup game when none other than Jack Walker strolled in. Amazingly some Rovers fans greated him with chants of "Big fat Jack's Barmy Army". The great man responded by approching one of these muppets, grabbing a handfull of his ample gut and saying "allright Slim".

I agree, lets lose the "fat" especially as the guy has dropped a few pounds rescently.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised to hear "Big Fat Sam's Barmy Army" from the bbe on saturday :(:angry:

Something odd about Rovers fans in that respect. Back in what I think was '93 or '94 we were in a pub in Crewe prior to a cup game when none other than Jack Walker strolled in. Amazingly some Rovers fans greated him with chants of "Big fat Jack's Barmy Army". The great man responded by approching one of these muppets, grabbing a handfull of his ample gut and saying "allright Slim".

I agree, lets lose the "fat" especially as the guy has dropped a few pounds rescently.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised to hear "Big Fat Sam's Barmy Army" from the bbe on saturday :(:angry:

Zulu what did you guys call him at Wanderers? Big Fat Sam or something else, alternatively as opposed to using his previous nickname we could come up with a new one?

What about Roy? <_<

Just picked this up in the gossip columns.

Seems some of our players have been telling porky's in the media, prior to Ince's removal.

The arrival of Allardyce has apparently been greeted with approval by the Blackburn players who, according to the Sun, want him to remove all traces of Paul Ince at Ewood Park.

That means giving the boot to 'the Guv'nor's sidekicks', Archie Knox, Ray Mathias and Karl Robinson, with one senior player quoted as saying: "We were never going to win anything with them. If they had been in control for the game against Stoke on Saturday, we would have had no chance. They need to go."

:o :o

What a surprise.

Mr bloby's blue & white army.

Those comments are in the Sun.

I would suggest whoever made them is skating on extremely thin ice given Knox/Mathias/Robinson are still in charge of training as things stand.

And isn't particularly a helpful influence to have around.

Are they? they wont be after today, at least three of the backroom are out today, dont know which three though!!

You can have more than one Uncle y'know.

And you don't have to be a Dingle for it to be possible either!

Thanks for that you learn something new everyday.

I don't believe he should be given a title yet, lets wait and see what happens.

But surely if he earns one it should not be the same as Jack's, just as its possible to have two uncles, its just as possible to come up with something different to that of the man who has already made our club great, Sam has just given us his signature so far.

Learn our corner takers to get it past the first man - Bolton seemed pretty good at that. More often than not our corners don't get past the first man - the otherteam break away and we're on the back foot.

I dont even think beating the first man is the main problem, it frustrated me so much with corners this season, why ince didnt just say "ok so corners arent great this game, change of tactic we'll stick a man on the near post for a flick on" its very simple stuff, but out of about 30 corners it never haappend once.

I dont even think beating the first man is the main problem, it frustrated me so much with corners this season, why ince didnt just say "ok so corners arent great this game, change of tactic we'll stick a man on the near post for a flick on" its very simple stuff, but out of about 30 corners it never haappend once.

I'd have just put the ball out behind the goals for a goal kick. At least our opponents wouldn't be able to catch us on the break. That's how bad we were ! Being honest it was the same under Hughes.

Yeah he said it in private, but said person came out and told everybody didn't they?

I didn't say he was more thorough at all T4E. I was simply pointing out it had been stated, by the chairman, that Ince was a bigger user of Pro-Zone than Hughes, when the original post was suggesting he neglected it altogether.

I know you didn't, but the person who passed on the ProZone comments also said that JW had called Ince the most thorough manager he'd worked with. As you said "I see no reason why he wouldn't be telling the truth" it's a reasonable question to ask if you also agree with that.

If Ince is more thorough than Mark Hughes then Ray Matthias is the next Jose Mourinho.

Shouldn't the question be, according to the BMI scale is he classed as 'fat'? :P

Followed by, does this affect his training methods (due to the thread title)? :D

The terms "obese" calling someone fat is not on, apparently. I don't need any measurements for this yes BFS is above 30%. However BMI is dated its body fat percentages now. But sorry Sam you'll still be FAT, sorry Obese.

Sorry guys ever since I was a kid I have always been baffled at coaches telling you to run and this and that when they have to turn sideways to get through a door. Practice what you preach!

No he has a shop mobility trolley at the training ground. :closedeyes:

Big Boned Sam's Blue and White Army

Very good.

O-bese Sams Blue N white army, its nicely poltically correct.

Archived