BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fat Sam's Training Methods

Roverall

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The terms "obese" calling someone fat is not on, apparently. I don't need any measurements for this yes BFS is above 30%. However BMI is dated its body fat percentages now. But sorry Sam you'll still be FAT, sorry Obese.

Yup, and if you noticed I put fat as 'fat' because it isn't acceptable...apparently. I also added a :P

Are you always so serious?

I prefer huggable sam's blue and white army! Well i'll certainly hug the big boned/obese/fat (delete as appropriate) so and so if he keeps us up.

Something odd about Rovers fans in that respect. Back in what I think was '93 or '94 we were in a pub in Crewe prior to a cup game when none other than Jack Walker strolled in. Amazingly some Rovers fans greated him with chants of "Big fat Jack's Barmy Army". The great man responded by approching one of these muppets, grabbing a handfull of his ample gut and saying "allright Slim".

:blink: I agree, lets lose the "fat" especially as the guy has dropped a few pounds rescently. :rolleyes:

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised to hear "Big Fat Sam's Barmy Army" from the bbe on saturday :(:angry:

Slimline Sam,s Blue and White Army!

Yup, and if you noticed I put fat as 'fat' because it isn't acceptable...apparently. I also added a :P

Are you always so serious?

I prefer huggable sam's blue and white army! Well i'll certainly hug the big boned/obese/fat (delete as appropriate) so and so if he keeps us up.

Hence why I put apparently - personal experience of said situation.

Serious business football, requires serious approach.

I hope there will be enough pies on saturday, especially now we have both Benni and Sam. Hope thats less serious for you.

Those comments are in the Sun.

I would suggest whoever made them is skating on extremely thin ice given Knox/Mathias/Robinson are still in charge of training as things stand.

And isn't particularly a helpful influence to have around.

Players have been like a bunch of canaries let out of a mine at Brockhall today apparently Rev.

Not good if the club is trying to write an agreed presentation of the departures into the settlement packages.

Doesn't matter for training morale though as at least two of those are history now.

Players have been like a bunch of canaries let out of a mine at Brockhall today apparently Rev.

Not good if the club is trying to write an agreed presentation of the departures into the settlement packages.

Doesn't matter for training morale though as at least two of those are history now.

If players are publicly voicing these problems, could it not reduce the amount of compensation we have to pay on the basis of the out-going peoples' incompetencies?

I can't understand why the players become fit under one manager and unfit under another. After all they are not children. They are, in fact, extremely well-paid professional footballers who should be well aware of their potential, their fitness and their capabilities. They should know about correct diet, how to train adequately (not overtrain and not undertrain). If the system put in place by their manager is not enough for them to maintain peak fitness then they should do the extra themselves.

I remember Egil Ostenstad who was demoted from the first team squad, went training with the youth team lads, never complained (publicly), never spat his dummy out, and was eventually needed to start a game and did so completely fit and raring to go. He was a true professional.

I can't understand why the players become fit under one manager and unfit under another. After all they are not children. They are, in fact, extremely well-paid professional footballers who should be well aware of their potential, their fitness and their capabilities. They should know about correct diet, how to train adequately (not overtrain and not undertrain). If the system put in place by their manager is not enough for them to maintain peak fitness then they should do the extra themselves.

I remember Egil Ostenstad who was demoted from the first team squad, went training with the youth team lads, never complained (publicly), never spat his dummy out, and was eventually needed to start a game and did so completely fit and raring to go. He was a true professional.

One of the stories doing the rounds was that the players were doing their own additional training as they were so unhappy with Knox's methods- if you remember four weeks ago the players had made their opinions known sufficiently clearly to John Williams that he gave Ince the chance to sack Mathias andf Knox and replace them but Ince refused. Then two weeks ago, the board forced Ince to promote Robinson again at the players' behest.

That is unusual to say the least that players make their voices heard about the quality of training like that.

It is also rumoured that Ince wanted a mates together drinking culture and quite a few players would have nothing to do with that.

bazza, fit/unfit are relative terms. It is like calling the winner of the Olympic 100 meters Final fast and the 4th man slow.

There are microseconds between them yet one guy gets gold and global adulation and the other nothing and forgotten about.

I am pretty certain that within a few weeks Rovers players will have that little edge back they had under Hughes and patently lost under Ince/Knox.

Random interesting fact. I used to work for prozone (before production was outsourced to India; typical). It is not foolproof, far from it, but is a useful piece of kit if used correctly. A criticism I heard levelled at Allardyce was that he was too reliant on it, in that it was the only bit of kit he used. He didn't use it to compliment training, it WAS the training.

This was all heresay, so we will just see what happens

I've heard that Fergie used to have Schmeichel run back and forth in front of the goal to show how tweakable some of the stats were.

Archived