BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ince's Disasterous Signings

accyrover

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be honest, Andrews was way out of his class today. Running is not enough. Maybe if we can get Grella fit we can sell him to a first division club where he can be more comefortable. He has realised his dream now. Time to be more realistic.

Andrews is a poor man's Savage but:

1. He's not as bad as some of you think he is

2. He'll do for the bench in the Premier League, and

3. He'll come in handy next season if we go down and lose Dunn, Emerton, Warnock, Grella and Pedersen.

If we stay up (which is still a big ask), sell him in the summer. For now, he's an insurance against injury, and I'd prefer him to the Axe.

3. He'll come in handy next season if we go down and lose Dunn, Emerton, Warnock, Grella and Pedersen.

If we stay up (which is still a big ask), sell him in the summer. For now, he's an insurance against injury, and I'd prefer him to the Axe.

Nail head hit.

Even the most dedicated Andrews fan will agree he isn't a starter. He's good enough to cover when needed though.

Ivan

Andrews didnt do well at all.

If you think that having a scuffed shot on target, giving the ball away repeatedly in the centre and tackling like a girl is doing well then my friend you know nothing of football. He was awfully exposed by a poor Stoke midfield.

Now you're making yourself look daft.

Hansen picked out Andrews as one of our best performers. Described as a classic defensive midfielder performance.

Saw that. Amply demonstrated the diciplined, important contribution from a limited player.

Sorry but Andrews is nothing like Savage, he's probably as different a player as you can get.

I mentioned on the other thread, but the guys on MOTD were quite complimentary of Andrews. I thought he did OK, with a couple of great passes, and certainly wasn't deservant of some of the abuse I could hear levelled at him by some of the idiots around me.

Unfortunately, he just cannot tackle, meaning that he will never be good enough to be a midfield spoiler and he doesn't have the skill or pace or trickery to be an effective attacking midfielder. He does have a reasonably good range of passing in his locker and will run all day, but that's about it.

Ringing endorsement there. :)

I thought Andrews looked like a pub player yesterday, despite what was said about him on MOTD. Not good enough.

It would probably be in Andrews' interest to leave the club. No matter how he performs he will not accepted by some. Shamefull treatment.

Not another "oh don't criticise anyone" post?

It's opinions Mr C. I assume you think he's a good 'un?

Not another "oh don't criticise anyone" post?

It's opinions Mr C. I assume you think he's a good 'un?

For what it's worth Andrews, apart from an accident of incompetence, would never be a Premier League player. Too slow of thought and deed. Late to 95% of tackles. 85% of passes going astray and the dreaded vote of no confidence from his colleagues (did you SEE how many times the players looked to more difficult options when Andrews was free?)

In my opinion andrews is a decent player he is much better than the axe yet he recieves a lot more criticism than him,from day one most have been against him,the lad works very hard and i find his passing in most games has been vey good.Can i ask why people are so against him?Is it because he was signed by ince or because he came from league 2?I bet if he had been signed by hughes a lot of his critics wouldnt exist.He is now playing international football and trappatoni has been very complimentary in the irish press.It was big sam in charge yesterday not paul ince yet andrews still started in midfield which suggests sam must be somewhat impressed by the lad.Some of the abuse the lad recieves is absolutely disgraceful and then the same fans complain about the loyalty of rsc,like it or not andrews is a blackburn rovers player and he deserves our support like the rest of them!

In my opinion andrews is a decent player he is much better than the axe yet he recieves a lot more criticism than him,from day one most have been against him,the lad works very hard and i find his passing in most games has been vey good.Can i ask why people are so against him?Is it because he was signed by ince or because he came from league 2?I bet if he had been signed by hughes a lot of his critics wouldnt exist.He is now playing international football and trappatoni has been very complimentary in the irish press.It was big sam in charge yesterday not paul ince yet andrews still started in midfield which suggests sam must be somewhat impressed by the lad.Some of the abuse the lad recieves is absolutely disgraceful and then the same fans complain about the loyalty of rsc,like it or not andrews is a blackburn rovers player and he deserves our support like the rest of them!

Lets see how long he stays in BFS's team!

Says another who thought Ince should be given more time and whose opinion therefore should be ignored.

Is the beauty of football not that we all have different opinions, discussion points.

I have to say disregarding someones opinion just because they got one wrong is laughable.

Imagine if we disregarded everyone who got one wrong, there'd be none of us left.

I'd normally agree, but to take any notice of someone who got it wrong for so long and who manages only to be agreed with by opposing managers and players whose teams are in relegation trouble suggests someone either so PC it's untrue or someone very, very, VERY naive. And this is someone who insits on perpetuating said wrongness by clinging on to the one major reminder of his lost love hope

I'd normally agree, but to take any notice of someone who got it wrong for so long and who manages only to be agreed with by opposing managers and players whose teams are in relegation trouble suggests someone either so PC it's untrue or someone very, very, VERY naive. And this is someone who insits on perpetuating said wrongness by clinging on to the one major reminder of his lost love hope

Eloquent to a tee.

You have also made me fall off my chair laughing best reply I've had in ages.

Take your bow.

Archived