BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ince's Disasterous Signings

accyrover

Says another who thought Ince should be given more time and whose opinion therefore should be ignored.
Well mate most peoples opinions should be ignored so because i remember most people on this mb were threatining mass protests outside ewood when big sam was being touted in the summer.Ill always support whoever is involved with this club,so how dare you say my opinions should be ignored!Who did you want as manager in the summer?Who do you think should have been playin instead of andrews yesterday?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd normally agree, but to take any notice of someone who got it wrong for so long and who manages only to be agreed with by opposing managers and players whose teams are in relegation trouble suggests someone either so PC it's untrue or someone very, very, VERY naive. And this is someone who insits on perpetuating said wrongness by clinging on to the one major reminder of his lost love hope
Jan after the wigan game i did say that we needed a change and that ince should be sacked but in the summer i voted for big sam to be our manager.Yes paul ince did a bad job but i am not going to sibject keith andrews to terrible abuse just because he was signed by ince,the lad is totally comitted every game ive watched he always puts in 100% i wish the same could be said for some of our other players who have more ability!

the lad is totally comitted every game ive watched he always puts in 100% i wish the same could be said for some of our other players who have more ability!

100% is not enough though, he's been found wanting.

I doubt anyone on here could criticise his application but he's not up to the league or our standards as you said ability wise.

All the effort in the world is not enough if you just can't do it.

Andrews should be moved on, however how much is he getting paid. I do hope we don't end up with another who refuses to go and play at another club because we gave him too goof a contract.

If Fowler was on 5K a week what price Andrews. I hope we have not shoot ourselves in the foot with his package.

100% is not enough though, he's been found wanting.

I doubt anyone on here could criticise his application but he's not up to the league or our standards as you said ability wise.

All the effort in the world is not enough if you just can't do it.

Andrews should be moved on, however how much is he getting paid. I do hope we don't end up with another who refuses to go and play at another club because we gave him too goof a contract.

If Fowler was on 5K a week what price Andrews. I hope we have not shoot ourselves in the foot with his package.

Yes of course there are better players out there than andrews but with grella injured who else would you have played yesterday?The point i am trying to make is that the level of abuse he recieves is uncalled for and it is just because he was signed by paul ince,the axe is a lot worse than andrews.If hughes/sam had signed andrews do you really think he would be singled out so much?

Hughes or Sam wouldn't have signed Andrews though islander. That's the point.
Hughes signed the axe though who for me is much worse than andrews yet he is targeted for abuse.I dont think any player should be singled out.Huges also signed berner and franny jeffers yet they did not recieve the abuse that andrews gets.

Hughes signed the axe though who for me is much worse than andrews yet he is targeted for abuse.I dont think any player should be singled out.Huges also signed berner and franny jeffers yet they did not recieve the abuse that andrews gets.

Andrews himself doesn't deserve abuse, he's a trier, but he's not good enough for our first team.

The Axe did a job for us in his first season. Berner and Jeffers barely got games.

Andrews has played for us in the majority of games this season and he's just not good enough.

I'd normally agree, but to take any notice of someone who got it wrong for so long and who manages only to be agreed with by opposing managers and players whose teams are in relegation trouble suggests someone either so PC it's untrue or someone very, very, VERY naive. And this is someone who insits on perpetuating said wrongness by clinging on to the one major reminder of his lost love hope

Says the woman who has a blinkered view of Souness, and doesn't even give him credit for the cup he won with us....

Andrews himself doesn't deserve abuse, he's a trier, but he's not good enough for our first team.

The Axe did a job for us in his first season. Berner and Jeffers barely got games.

Andrews has played for us in the majority of games this season and he's just not good enough.

I never claimed that andrews was good enough for our first team but he is a useful squad player i would much prefer andrews coming off the bench than say the axe.All i am trying to do is stop people throwing abuse at andrews it is not his fault that we signed,if you were playing in league two and a premiership club came calling would you turn them down?

I never claimed that andrews was good enough for our first team but he is a useful squad player i would much prefer andrews coming off the bench than say the axe.All i am trying to do is stop people throwing abuse at andrews it is not his fault that we signed,if you were playing in league two and a premiership club came calling would you turn them down?

It's not abuse though. Abuse is "F**k off Andrews you're f**king rubbish", when instead people are just saying they don't think he's good enough for this level.

It's not abuse though. Abuse is "F**k off Andrews you're f**king rubbish", when instead people are just saying they don't think he's good enough for this level.
you must not have been at the match yesterday then or other matches this season because i have heard a lot of that

I don't mean to be too hard the guy. What I meant to say is he we still have to players mid fielders of his limited ability from now to the end of the season we will obviously struggle. He's just a bit and pieces player, he can run a bit , tackle a bit , shoot a bit, head a bit but he's not good at any one of them. If Dunny's going to be our main attacking midfielder ( and injury wise that's a massive if ) We're going to need a better holding player than Andrews.

I don't mean to be too hard the guy. What I meant to say is he we still have to players mid fielders of his limited ability from now to the end of the season we will obviously struggle. He's just a bit and pieces player, he can run a bit , tackle a bit , shoot a bit, head a bit but he's not good at any one of them. If Dunny's going to be our main attacking midfielder ( and injury wise that's a massive if ) We're going to need a better holding player than Andrews.
I agree,but i think andrews is good enough as a squad player his passing is his best attribute someone described him earlier as a pub player which i think is extremely unfair and i think it is someone with blinkers on and cant see past the fact he was signed by ince.

I agree,but i think andrews is good enough as a squad player his passing is his best attribute someone described him earlier as a pub player which i think is extremely unfair and i think it is someone with blinkers on and cant see past the fact he was signed by ince.

Well you're wrong. I said that and it has nothing to do with who signed him. In fact, it might be the other way, - maybe you're backing him because of who signed him?

Maybe he is backing him because:

He cost very little

He was picked by Sam yesterday

He was highlighted by Alan Hansen as one of our best performers yesterday

Picked by Trappatoni for Ireland

Scored on his international debut

Give 100% for the cause (not a bad attribute in a relegation dogfight, in our last relegation battle we had Jonathan Douglas playing for us, Andrews is much better than him)

Maybe if people got off his back he would be even better (for example when he played for Ireland I don't imagine the crowd were "on his back" for the whole game, and he scored a goal).

how about you just accepted, that andrews is not good enough and never should have been signed.. if people referr yo him as a pub player, so (Please don't use that word again)ing what.. does it hurt your feelings.. ?

it seems your the one with an agenda, defending everything and everybody at the club.. what is it that you want, the gold medal as the numero uno rovers fan, being recognised as the most hardcore supporter..

your so desperate in your arguments, that you bring in ince into this.. its plain obvious for thr majority, that andrews is not good enough.. but with ince´s nutsack swinging in your face, its hard to see the reality eh.?

Maybe he is backing him because:

He cost very little

He was picked by Sam yesterday

He was highlighted by Alan Hansen as one of our best performers yesterday

Picked by Trappatoni for Ireland

Scored on his international debut

Give 100% for the cause (not a bad attribute in a relegation dogfight, in our last relegation battle we had Jonathan Douglas playing for us, Andrews is much better than him)

Maybe if people got off his back he would be even better (for example when he played for Ireland I don't imagine the crowd were "on his back" for the whole game, and he scored a goal).

No, I dont see any differences between Douglas and Andrews they are both very much on a par, very, very similar, glad you brought that one up.

If only Trappatoni understood football as well as you dennis.

Everybody was saying the other day, that Sam would have done his homework on the club, will know what the players are about. If that is the case and Andrews is so bad, why did he pick him?

I said the other day I expected Andrews to play and he did play. I knew sam would pick him because he does a job well. He keeps play ticking over and does a lot off the ball that doesn't get noticed by the average fan.

Keep having a go at him though. It makes me laugh.

Everybody was saying the other day, that Sam would have done his homework on the club, will know what the players are about. If that is the case and Andrews is so bad, why did he pick him?

I said the other day I expected Andrews to play and he did play. I knew sam would pick him because he does a job well. He keeps play ticking over and does a lot off the ball that doesn't get noticed by the average fan.

He's won one cap. There's not a great deal of Irish players playing in the Premier League when you think about it, so naturally a player who is starting week in week out for a Premier League side is bound to get included in the squad. There's a list as long as my arm of the amount of rubbish players who've played at international level. Good strike mind.

Hughes or Sam wouldn't have signed Andrews though islander. That's the point.

He signed Mokoena though, who to my mind as part of a four man midfield is far worse than Andrews.

What the hell are people still going on about Andrews for? He's a squad player and if Dunn/Grella/Reid had been fit he'd only have been used sparingly.

Yesterday he wasn't great, but wasn't too bad and kept the ball moving well at times.

And we won 3-0.

1864 blushes.

;)

well the list of players with 1 international cap, includes some, if not many, players who just werent good enough.. but i wasnt aware of, that 1 game for ireland, equals premiership quality..

i could give you a list of at least 20 danish players, which has better national team then ireland, that has 1 or more international matches, but who simply wouldnt have the talent for the premiership.. just like andrews..

doesnt get noticed by the average fan, now i see, so your the kasparov of footballing world.. im impressed.. congrats mate..

Yes, he has one international cap.

So far, he played in the B team game and did well, so he called him up for next friendly and he did well. I imagine he will get called up again.

I also think he will get picked for our team until Grella gets fit again. That is 3 managers that have named him in their starting eleven, yet every fan thinks he is useless. Somebody is wrong, I hope it's not Sam/Trappatoni.

Yes, he has one international cap.

So far, he played in the B team game and did well, so he called him up for next friendly and he did well. I imagine he will get called up again.

I also think he will get picked for our team until Grella gets fit again. That is 3 managers that have named him in their starting eleven, yet every fan thinks he is useless. Somebody is wrong, I hope it's not Sam/Trappatoni.

he was is in the starting line up, for the ireland b-team, well that really just proves your point :lol: and i wouldnt call him a international starter, there is some difference there between a b-team friendly and the STARTING lineup in matches that counts..

every fan thinks he is useless, do you know the opinion of every fan.?.. because i havent said he is useless, but has said not good enough.. and i still stand by my evaluation of andrews as a player..

Archived