BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

any take on the Santa Cruz malarky Nicko? How likely is it Citeh will come back in or have they bigger fish to fry?

If Sparky does not get a result against Hull I think he will be out...and that will be the end of Man City's interest.

I see some of Sparky's men used the Daily Mail to plead their case for spending again today. Interesting.

But the City fans will have him out if they don't beat Hull on Boxing Day.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know what the situation with zaki is have wigan got first rights or are another team going to try and snatch him in january?If we sell rsc in jan it might be something to look into although i expect bigger fish to be interested.

I think International Rescue have got first dibs and, if they don't take the option up, I expect either Jaws or Moby Dick will.

Hmmm...a mate of mine who has a season ticket at Bolton reckons Diouf was one of their best players and is hoping Megson can tempt him back to the Reebok in Jan. Funny old world.

Agreed scotty. I've a mate who lives locally but is a life long Notlob fan and ST holder who rates Diouff very highly. Especially in terms of commitment, team ethic and work rate!

2+2 is not making 4 here. :blink:

I totally disagree with the suggestion that Sam will use a 4-5-1 formation.

if anything Saturday shows us a 4-4-2 or a refined 4-3-3 formation with the players he has.

He used 4-5-1 at Boltonbecause he had limited player skills at Rovers the skill factor is far better than he has ever had.

as for spit the diouf ? Never ever do we want him in our shirt, the urchin is simply a disgrace to human life.

Stoke's midfield bossed our's consisting of Ped, Andrews, Dunny and Emo for long spells. Lots of play between the halfway line and the egde of our box that imo SA will not be at all comfortable with. A team with the same amount of midfield domination but with more quality (i.e. any other Prem team) would likely have seen a different result imo.

According to the daily mail jermaine pennant was on the brink of signing for real madrid in a 3.5 mil deal only for it to break down over his excessive wage demands,the paper now suggests he has loan offers from stoke and wigan.Please stay away sam he is greedy b...s...d

I must admit to actually liking Sam after his press conference, I think the clubs in good hands, but if he signs that **** Diouf I'll not be going.

:angry2:

Great supporter I don't think. I hope you are joking. We have been left midseason in deep relegation sh1t by a flawed close season appointment, we have little money to buy our way out of trouble, even nicko says right wingers are like hens teeth and so you throw a girly strop and start sounding like an irrational and probably hormonally challenged middle aged woman from Clitheroe (I think) ! :rolleyes:

Get some backbone and act like a man!

Im not a teenager thank you very much,i dont see the harm in asking a few questions?As someone else mentioned if nicko is sick of answering he doesnt have too,i wont get offended

Bit of advice to help you through life islander son. You have 2 ears and only one mouth.... you'd be well advised to ;) use em in that order.

Bit of advice to help you through life islander son. You have 2 ears and only one mouth.... you'd be well advised to ;) use em in that order.
could you please explain?This is a transfer window thread is it not?Any post i have entered in this thread have been to do with potential transfers if you dont like what i post do not read it.So could you do me a favour and explain what is the problem?

If Sparky does not get a result against Hull I think he will be out...and that will be the end of Man City's interest.

I see some of Sparky's men used the Daily Mail to plead their case for spending again today. Interesting.

But the City fans will have him out if they don't beat Hull on Boxing Day.

A draw would be about right. Lots of if's and buts but it would certainly be poetic for ours to be the result to see him off.

could you please explain?

No you need to utilise the bit in the middle for that.

Sitting 3 points from safety on Christmas Eve means we have forfeited whatever chance we might have had to make any head-turning acquisitions.

We've been Inced in that respect.

Nothing in the papers so far as I can see apart from Sbragia saying Diouf is available.

I must admit to actually liking Sam after his press conference, I think the clubs in good hands, but if he signs that **** Diouf I'll not be going.

:angry2:

I knew you would come around :tu:

As you know, it's not been easy for me with his connection with that lot but I did tell you he was the man for the job pre season. ;)

Great supporter I don't think. I hope you are joking. We have been left midseason in deep relegation sh1t by a flawed close season appointment, we have little money to buy our way out of trouble, even nicko says right wingers are like hens teeth and so you throw a girly strop and start sounding like an irrational and probably hormonally challenged middle aged woman from Clitheroe (I think) ! :rolleyes:

Get some backbone and act like a man!

Starts in F and ends in F :tu:

I knew you would come around :tu:

As you know, it's not been easy for me with his connection with that lot but I did tell you he was the man for the job pre season. ;)

You did call it pre season and got it spot on.

But this ******* Diouf........ I've disliked players in the past, but never to the point of actually considering jumping the fence and having a pop.

I think seeing that rat in blue n white would just about do it for me, maybe I need help.......... :wacko:

On the right back.. how about Graham Murty ?

Decent lad and although not heard about him this year, assume he's still captain of Reading.

Worth a punt around £2m ?

£2m for a right back Championship player at the age of 34..........................I don't think so!!

You did call it pre season and got it spot on.

But this ******* Diouf........ I've disliked players in the past, but never to the point of actually considering jumping the fence and having a pop.

I think seeing that rat in blue n white would just about do it for me, maybe I need help.......... :wacko:

I don't like the sight of him either but we've had all this crap with Savage from some folk who lived to admit they were wrong. Trouble is I liked Sav and wanted GS to go for him when he left Leicester.

Diouff is more like another 'Ince the player' imo. I think the best way to look at it is that beggars cannot be choosers! :unsure:

I don't like the sight of him either but we've had all this crap with Savage from some folk who lived to admit they were wrong. Trouble is I liked Sav and wanted GS to go for him when he left Leicester.

Diouff is more like another 'Ince the player' imo. I think the best way to look at it is that beggars cannot be choosers! :unsure:

Good point Gordon,I can`t stand the fella neither as i think spitting in somebody`s face is despicable,but you never know he might have grown up since.I`m pretty sure when he looks back on his career he will regret it very much.As you rightly point out if he is the best option for us from both a financial view and quality wise then it is a deal we should look at.Also Diouf did play his best football when he worked under Sam at Bolton,which i am sure Diouf will bear in mind when he leaves Sunderland.

Whooooaaa there! There is a crucial difference between Diouf and Sav - one (was) a chase all day never say die have a go bite yer bum unsettle an opponent on the ball type of genteman with a clear sense of humour and some respect for the game and the other is a nasty arrogant petulant in yer face mental cripple with clear disdain for his fellow professionals...

I know which type of player I'd prefer in a Rovers shirt.... 'taint the second type, especially as we have made massive progress in recent times to lose the Northern Bully Boy ragbag kick you off the park roughhouse can't play the beautiful game thugs label so cynically etched on our reputation by the Southern media crowd.

If I was Sam, I'd certainly be looking for a player of the type that can shake up the opposition, but I would think twice about recruiting someone who was likely to set the club's reputation and standing back 5 years or so.

Ah well, que sera sera

:rover:

I can see this thread,turning into a mess again. Just because you ask Nixon a question you are labled a nickoteen. I agree with Daniel,if Allan doesnt want to answer,he doesnt have to. Certain People are just trying to wind up others,because they have nothing better to do. I have no issues with Nicko, i dont believe he knows everything, sometimes he us right, and other times he gets it wrong. He is human after all, but people expect him to know everything. Not trying to defend anybody here,but why is it such a problem when somebody,politely asks him a question. Im sure Nicko,could be doing some gardening or feeding the birds, instead he is on here, reading people being petty.

I think this thread will turn into a mess when people start asking non-rovers related questions and then we will have all the people that were here during the summer asking questions about Newcastle and Villa and fulham etc etc!

This is a rovers messageboard, lets keep it rovers!

So far we have 8 pages of drivel and the transfer window hasn't even opened yet.

Can we just set a few transfer thread rules.

1) This is a Blackburn Rovers messageboard, we welcome fans from other clubs but will not tolerate fans coming on here just to ask Alan a question about their club. I know he might be happy to answer it but that's not the point. So in short, Blackburn Rovers posts only

2) Have a point when you post, any post which isn't relevent will be deleted by the moderation team.

3) Play nicely, any sniping will result in a ban.

The BBC gossip guff:

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is adamant Manchester City will not be able to offer enough money to sign Paraguay striker Roque Santa Cruz. (Various)

However, Allardyce is keen to sign defender Tal Ben Haim from City for £3m. (Daily Mirror)

But Rovers have decided against signing Carlos Villaneuva on a permanent basis. (The Sun)

Red Bull Salzburg striker Marc Janko is wanted by Wigan, Blackburn, Tottenham and Middlesbrough. (Daily Mail)

err, speak up Ricky- you are a bit faint there.

Archived