BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Be On Tv --- Do You Mind Helping Me?

Does anyone have a experience that went on TV to talk about Rovers ?

I got an email from a Director of NHK today. (NHK is like a BBC)

It was an offer to go on TV show that talked about Premier League (beloved club) by 30 fans, he said. ( and how he choose me "Rovers fan" and British Football furry mascots fan)

I don't want to appear on Tv. though, might be able to take some chance as it...(What chance? I don't know... : )

I'm still thinking.

I'd like to know If you have a same experience that went on TV, how about you ? Is that good or bad for you?

Let me know...

thanks!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is NHK, they should be ultra professional which means they will spend time with you pre-show making you feel relaxed and working out how to get the best out of you.

By the time you are on air, it will feel completely natural.

A word of advice- answer them quickly as you might find they have offered your slot to a Burnley supporter if you were too slow!

My dad and I had a camera thrust into our faces after the Wigan game for our opinion on the Ince downfall. I believe it was on sky sports a few days ago. You'll get random guys at the gym who've spotted it, but alas no groupies!

I wouldn't own up to that as they edited it only to show people saying give Ince more time if I remember correctly...

If I can remember rightly someone on this board had the oppurtunity to play a part in a film as an extra, not sure if he went on to do it as he was worried about getting time off work etc.

Personally, i'd do it. It's a once in a lifetime and oppurtunity so just go out and enjoy.

My daughter was on Radio Stoke on Friday night talking about rovers, on Steve Claridge yesterday talking about Rovers and has gone down to London this afternoon to do Setanta's football Matters tonight. Look out for her on the programme that goes out at 1015

My daughter was on Radio Stoke on Friday night talking about rovers, on Steve Claridge yesterday talking about Rovers and has gone down to London this afternoon to do Setanta's football Matters tonight. Look out for her on the programme that goes out at 1015

You may also get a chance to see her during half-time because they tend to cross over for a few minutes. Whilst she's there you couldn't tell her to smack that W***er Graham Poll over the head could ya?

You may also get a chance to see her during half-time because they tend to cross over for a few minutes. Whilst she's there you couldn't tell her to smack that W***er Graham Poll over the head could ya?

She's more likely to ask for his phone number and arrange to interview him as she's doing an MA in Sports Broadcast journalism at Stoke. Hence why she was on Radio Stoke - she works part-time for them.

She's more likely to ask for his phone number and arrange to interview him as she's doing an MA in Sports Broadcast journalism at Stoke. Hence why she was on Radio Stoke - she works part-time for them.

Surely the BBC don't use insiders pretending to be members of the public...? :o

As I'm listed as the secretary of the Fans Forum on the club website I have had calls over the last few weeks and have appeared on Radio 5Live three times and Sky Sports news twice, once interviewed on screen and once on the phone - all were live. Professional media companies should be interested in putting you at your ease, explaining what will happen and outlining what you will be asked. The latter doesn't always work out as the presenter may think of new questions as you speak but it's unlikely you will be put on the spot like a politician would. If you're concerned explain this to the TV company's researchers and they will aim to reassure you about the process.

Surely the BBC don't use insiders pretending to be members of the public...? :o

Don't know but in this case her boss just asked her to do an interview before the match as he knew she was a Rovers fan and local radio can't just open their phone lines and hope as how many of us listen to radio Stoke? Worse than that is Steve Claridge on Setanta because they try to make it seem like you're phoning in but of course they set up the interview beforehand by ringing you and saying when they'll ring.e.g. They rang Em on Thursday to say they'd be ringing Sunday and then rang Sunday afternoon to say when they'd ring back. The call goes out live but it's prearranged.

I've been interviewed by BBC Radio Wales twice - once when speculation Hughes was first choice replacement manager for Souey, and once on the morning of the semifinal of the FA Cup vs Arsenal.

The latter was particularly fun as they laid on a taxi to pick up from the B&B I was staying in Penarth, took me to BBC Wales studios and then laid a taxi on to meet up with my mates in the city centre afterwards. They were very professional and friendly. Best bit though was whilst waiting in the green room, the producer said, "we've also got an Arsenal fan lined up, but he's on the phone."

That's fine, I said, and then the producer said, "you've probably heard of him, it's Nigel Winterburn."

I got an email from a Director of NHK today. (NHK is like a BBC)

It was an offer to go on TV show that talked about Premier League (beloved club) by 30 fans, he said. ( and how he choose me "Rovers fan" and British Football furry mascots fan)

I don't want to appear on Tv. though, might be able to take some chance as it...(What chance? I don't know... : )

I'm still thinking.

I'd like to know If you have a same experience that went on TV, how about you ? Is that good or bad for you?

Let me know... thanks!

Dillo, go and do it. You need to be the voice of Blackburn Rovers in Japan.

Wear that 1995 "Perspex" Rovers' shirt that you have. Tell them you have been to Blackburn three times to see games.

You'll do really well. Go and just be a Rovers' fan. You'll be better than everyone else.

Colin

Go for it Dillo, mate, it will be an experience, good or bad, you will learn from it, and it might be a great memory.

Dillo's a chick my friend! ;)

I say go and do it. I think you'll be great and Rovers need more coverage and like what has been said before i think you should go and be the voice for Rovers in Japan!! :rover:

Thanks All.

I'd like to know your real experience how did you feel to go on TV. Particularly, What things ... trivial or big... have you(your life) be affected by appeared on??

I think Radio is not so big problem. 'cause, talking with few people, topic is not in a wide sphere. and only by voice!

the show is not Football/Sports program.

a kind of culture/ variety show. around 30 fans talk about their enthusiastic things in 90min. the show topic covered in "Robots" "Japanese Castle" "Beatles" "Dogs" "STAR WARS" "Aquariums" etc...

In my experience, it is all remarkably ordinary. A few friends and colleagues will say, "00h we saw you", sometimes months afterwards but it is hardly a life changing event.

The key thing is to stay focused, remember why you are there so you don't fail to deliver whatever you went there to say but also be alive to the discussion that is going on around you so you are able to be in context.

Saw her on the show Gumboots hubba hubba :D

I also saw Roversmum and her fella when they showed highlights of the match

In my experience, it is all remarkably ordinary. A few friends and colleagues will say, "00h we saw you", sometimes months afterwards but it is hardly a life changing event.

The key thing is to stay focused, remember why you are there so you don't fail to deliver whatever you went there to say but also be alive to the discussion that is going on around you so you are able to be in context.

Thanks Philip : )

What kind of TV show/program did you appear? and Wahat did you say about Rovers?

Archived