BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Evening With Bobby Mimms

Brownie

Also mentioned (to me) that Matt Jansen was very unreliable, and after the novelty of returning to training was wearing off his attendance was sporadic. But said when he joined in with team in practice games looked very good.

Also said the players were supposed to play 4-3-3 on saturday but shaped up 4-4-2 as the game began which was why it was changed at half time.

Says Rocky was on the bench purely for tactical reasons and thinks Grella is getting better .......

Sees Dunn and Grella as the long term partnership

Great bloke doing it for a very low fee and said he'd come back to do anything I wanted.

Said he'd even reply to my texts while he's sat on the bench next to Sam !!

And he said that Roy Wegerle used to refuse to have a bath at Ewood before it was done up, claiming that it was a health hazard - so instead he'd walk back to his car after the game in his kit and shoes and have one at home :D

Quality evening, I really enjoyed it, and what a great guy Bobby Mimms is.

I like the one about training on the one and only day Tony Parkes was given a day off.

When they all arrived for training, they couldnt find the keys for the posts, eventually they did and then they had no balls. The rain started falling and Kenny immediately cancelled training and sent everyone home ! Tony never had another day off !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gutted i can't make these. I would have loved to have been at the jansen one, aswell as bobby's, always liked the guy, he seems like a right character.

interesting and alas disappointing insight about jansen training. I think for the majority his return was really no more than dreams and nostalgia unfortunately.

if anyone can persuade national rail to run a train from blackburn to leeds later than 21.10 on a weekday ill gladly buy the rounds at the next event!

Fave game was 7-1 Norwich. An incredible day that was. Especially for those of us new to the premier league thing !

But to knock seven in stood on the blackburn end. Very very happy memories indeed. Must also rank as one of my top 5 Rovers watching memories over the last 30 years. Good lad Bobby !

Adding to the Wegerley story, he spoke about David Batty driving over from Leeds for his training fully kitted out and driving home after training still in full kit, all slutched-up, having had no shower and change. It reminds me of my amateur football days.

He said Batty's bust up with Le Saux was all forgotten by Batty in the dressing room after the match but it took Le Saux a little while to simmer down.

Batty now living in Filey where he liked to take his kids on the beach every day.

Finally a question for you all (without referring to books and stats):- Who played right back in the 7-1 win over Norwich City and who scored City's goal?

Adding to the Wegerley story, he spoke about David Batty driving over from Leeds for his training fully kitted out and driving home after training still in full kit, all slutched-up, having had no shower and change. It reminds me of my amateur football days.

He said Batty's bust up with Le Saux was all forgotten by Batty in the dressing room after the match but it took Le Saux a little while to simmer down.

Batty now living in Filey where he liked to take his kids on the beach every day.

Finally a question for you all (without referring to books and stats):- Who played right back in the 7-1 win over Norwich City and who scored City's goal?

sutty/bowen?

Archived