BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

MCMC1875

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were just discussing Roberts and his useless finishing. Im 100 percent certain if that was Derbs,he would have finished it. Sam needs to have a serious chat to Roberts after that miss. The guy is useless!

And that, in a nutshell, is why he should never be anything other than a "ball in the air" and extra pace guy for (ironically enough) end of matches. His footwork sucks. It sucked at WBA, it sucked at Wigan and IT SUCKS NOW. What a f#*%@$g waste.

We were just discussing Roberts and his useless finishing. Im 100 percent certain if that was Derbs,he would have finished it. Sam needs to have a serious chat to Roberts after that miss. The guy is useless!

"errr Jason, your 31 year old, I think its time to start finishing"

really not sure what Sam can say

I'm also fairly certain that Derbyshire wouldn't have brought the ball down and gone past the defenders / keepers in the first place.

(see, I'm still doing it. :angry2: )

Good defensive display, a draw is fair and I'd have taken that before the match.

One thing about Roberts' miss though, you could argue that Benni, Derbs or whoever would have put it in with ease, but I doubt many, if any, would have been able to turn the big defender and get into that position in the first place.

He gets in some brilliant positions but he needs to sit and practice shooting all day every day. If he could finish he'd be some player.

Roberts miss is indefensible but to all those getting on his case with comments like "my gran would have scored that", well your gran's first touch would haven't given her the opportunity.

It wasn't a bad performance all round though it's clear we need something different in midfield and a fit and firing Roque if we're going to win a few games.

midfield was completely bossed after Dunny had to go, losing possession in the centre - Andrews, not slating him but he looks out of his depth as a midfielder, given his previous games (granted that run was great - fantastic safe by fulop) only lucky to have Nelsen back in form doing really well to intercept Sunderland coming from the centre. Might fancy Mokoena for the next game, the midfield was really porous.

Roberts miss is indefensible but to all those getting on his case with comments like "my gran would have scored that", well your gran's first touch would haven't given her the opportunity.

She would have done a Van Basten without needing to do all the hard work. :lol:

I take it back. Get Benni off and put Derbs on. Benni has been crap!

Was you watching the same game???

Benni, Samba & Nelsen were class today. Pedersen was quite good too and his pass to that plonker upfront was quality.

Still 4 points out of 6, two clean sheets - Stoke & Boro now very close to being caught and goal difference also coming closer to them. Boro have United next and Stoke go to West Spam. Hope/ Pray we can beat Citeh.

I got a feeling Benni will be taken off soon. He doesn't look like he wants to be there today!

I take it back. Get Benni off and put Derbs on. Benni has been crap!

You were clearly watching another game because there was nothing wrong with his performance.

There was plenty wrong with the lack of service he received, however.

What an absolute clown Roberts is. He always looks like he doesn't give a toss when he misses as well.

He shouldn't play for us again for a long time, hopefully ever.

Who is better than Jason Roberts and will join a relegation-battling club?

The guy works his socks off, but has a serious deficiency in his ability. Hello to almost every player outside the big four.

EDIT: I wanted to add that it is great to be able to be nervous during games again. Under Ince I felt a serious sense of apathy and was resigned to relegation. No more!

With any luck RSC will partner Benni up front on Sunday.

Tugay will replace Dunny if he isnt fit and that will mean we play with 12 on the pitch so we do have an advantage !!!

Roberts has now cost us ; 2 easy points at Bolton

2 easy points at Sunderland

he has damaged our goal difference table

and he has naffed me off tonight.

bring on City. BTW who is doing the preview?

Archived