SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Citeh

Paul

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is going to be a real test.

Thankfully Citys Sky performances have been poor lets hope stage fright takes them again.

Will it be 442 or 451? Personally for me I'd be playing 442 with deep lying central midfielders with our attacks coming down the flanks, especially against Ball. Nelsen will play through the pain its Hughes he'll want to play badly.

---------------------Robbo----------------------

Ooijer-----Samba---------Nelsen----Warnock

------------Andrews------Tugay---------------

Emerton------------------------------------MGP

--------------RSC------------Benni--------------

Well this is going to be a real test.

Thankfully Citys Sky performances have been poor lets hope stage fright takes them again.

Will it be 442 or 451? Personally for me I'd be playing 442 with deep lying central midfielders with our attacks coming down the flanks, especially against Ball. Nelsen will play through the pain its Hughes he'll want to play badly.

---------------------Robbo----------------------

Ooijer-----Samba---------Nelsen----Warnock

------------Andrews------Tugay---------------

Emerton------------------------------------MGP

--------------RSC------------Benni--------------

Is Roque even back today?

You've missed Middlesbrough off your list. My friend is a Boro fan and concerned that they too, like Pompey, are in freefall. I would rather be in our situation than theirs. We will be resurgent in the second half of the season but I doubt they will be.

As for tomorrow, I hope that Hughes gets a good reception but, if we take the lead, I would still join in asking what the score was. :lol:

Forgot about them but they should just have enough to stay up with Stevie's wallet funding a key signing in January -they have problems though and will stick with Southgate.

Could be that we've done enough just in time in removing Ince before the transfer window when others in our position look to be stuck with sub-standard or untried managers through the window.

Squeeky bum time for half the premiership! Sam seems to have made his mind up very quickly who's out so it should free up some wages for a couple of decent players.

Doubt if RSC and Benni mac will be on the field together - they just can't play together.

Vogels not played in months!! No way he'd be match fit anyway...does he even play for the reserves?

Well he has made a small appearance but yeah he won't be match fit. I just don't feel comfortable with any other option. The axe scares me when he plays, Tugay played for a period on Friday, and I don't like the idea of him playing two games in such a short period, especially against the likes of Ireland. I also mentioned Vogel sitting back and the rest of the middle (being all 'run-a-lot' types) doing a lot of leg work, to compensate a little for his lack of fitness.

The only other option I am slightly more comfortable with is moving Emerton inside, because his engine is good, and I think that is important for today. However, i'm then not happy with the right wing options :blink: .

I know Vogel isn't likely to play, after someone mentioned Sam's comments, but that is the team I would play if I was him. :lol: ...and since it is unlikely to happen, I can honestly say we would win 5-0 if we played my team :P

And if he does it might keep us up at their expense.

City won't be anywhere near the bottom three come the end of the season whether it be with or without Hughes. Santa may share this view and feel that the last thing he wants to do for the club is to secure three valuable points as a good send off.

Either way, i'd still start with Roberts up front with either Benni or Roque simply because of our style of play at the moment. His strength and endeavour is priceless at the moment.

He really is a team player, always the bridesmaid never the bride :rolleyes:

City won't be anywhere near the bottom three come the end of the season whether it be with or without Hughes. Santa may share this view and feel that the last thing he wants to do for the club is to secure three valuable points as a good send off.

Either way, i'd still start with Roberts up front with either Benni or Roque simply because of our style of play at the moment. His strength and endeavour is priceless at the moment.

He really is a team player, always the bridesmaid never the bride :rolleyes:

Benni is looking the likeliest scorer at the moment so I suspect he'll get the nod. I wondered if RSC might pick up the RW slot like he did against MU with Benni/Roberts down the middle (Although RSC isn't down to play). Kevin Davies plays quite wide at Bolton. It'd be a robust forward line!

Benni is looking the likeliest scorer at the moment so I suspect he'll get the nod. I wondered if RSC might pick up the RW slot like he did against MU with Benni/Roberts down the middle (Although RSC isn't down to play). Kevin Davies plays quite wide at Bolton. It'd be a robust forward line!

Not a bad idea at all regarding Santa on the right. As for Davies, i'd be willing to give him another chance here. He reminds me of a better version of Roberts but him and Roberts up front would be interesting.

City fans across their fans forums already think they've won three nil or thereabouts, they're already focusing on the next game lol

Not a bad idea at all regarding Santa on the right. As for Davies, i'd be willing to give him another chance here. He reminds me of a better version of Roberts but him and Roberts up front would be interesting.

City fans across their fans forums already think they've won three nil or thereabouts, they're already focusing on the next game lol

It ain't a forgone conclusion any more! Looking forward to this a lot!

Ticket office told me that this was one of four matches in this season where you cant buy tickets on matchday.

Sounds stupid to me that the club dont want to ear more money..

im guessing UTD and Stoke are two of the others. its to stop opposition fans getting tickets in the home end

Ticket office told me that this was one of four matches in this season where you cant buy tickets on matchday.

Sounds stupid to me that the club dont want to ear more money..

You can get tickets, you just need to have a buying history is all. I got 3 this morning.

Archived