BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Setanta Sports

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is espn seperate?

ESPN America is still showing on 417 even though it was part of the Setanta package. All the Setanta branded channels have gone off air.

Maybe as ESPN have agreed a deal with BSkyB for carriage of their new and existing channels, 417 will stay on and free-to-air until they've worked out their own subscription packages, and then will become subscription only.

To answer, although Setanta did a deal to bundle ESPN America with their total offering, the two are totally seperate.

Just looked at my bank statement and they have just took £12.99 from it should they be able to do that? cant find

a phone no to speak to anybody about it.

Today? Bit naughty if it was. The phone number given in the on-screen message is 0871 200 6203.

The Guardian has a bit here on Setanta Customer rights.

If you subscribe via Sky, Freeview or through the broadband ­internet service Setanta-i, you will have paid Setanta direct for your subscription. You may now need to apply to the administrator for a refund of any fees you have paid in advance.

Depends when your subscription is payable I suppose. Ours fell due on 17th of the month, so I guess we could apply to the administrator for 75% of it back but I doubt it's worth the effort.

I wonder if all of the faces that popped up on Setanta that were recognisable from Sky will be back on Sky soon?!

How come there is such a large number of ex Sky reporters and presenters on Setanta?..do you think they were given a massive hike by Setanta to jump ship?

Tris, have a look at that video that someones posted above of Setanta's last few moments...scroll to 4:40 and its our very own Steve Riley!!

Will be interesting to see if any of the presenters from Setanta turn up on Sky, Rachel Brooks and Dan Roan defected to Setanata, maybe ESPN may use some of the presenters for their coverage of Prem games.

Charlotte Jackson seems to have disappeared very quickly, wouldn't be surprised if she turns up on Sky Sports News.

i am wondering (or even hoping) that sky decide to pick up some of the sports that where broadcast on setanta GB....such as espn america which i am gutted about cause i love baseball, ice hockey, nfl etc etc. also it kept me intouch with aussie rules and rugby league from down under. i hope we know very soon wethere we will get offered these as part of a sports package on our sky platforms.

GUTTED!!

I've got another problem as Racing UK was a £10 a month standalone channel until they got bought by Setanta and became part of their package. Once the administrators are in again they say they will go back to being standalone. I doubt Virgin Media will see offering a horse-racing channel as being that attractive as part of their TV offer so I'll probably hav eto decide whether or not to fork out for that.

Bit of a ball-ache is this.

Hi hasta.

My dad has setanta mainly for the racing and the football, he watches on sky. Please let me know what the outcome with the racing uk is.

Thanks

Hi hasta.

My dad has setanta mainly for the racing and the football, he watches on sky. Please let me know what the outcome with the racing uk is.

Thanks

Hava a look here and here.

Not good I'm afraid. Back to £20 a month for racinguk although there does seem to be a chance of Virgin including it in their XL package.

Hava a look here and here.

Not good I'm afraid. Back to £20 a month for racinguk although there does seem to be a chance of Virgin including it in their XL package.

Not great but worth the extra if you love your racing.

If you want it just to watch when you are having a bet - a £2 stake on betfair enables you to watch any race that you place a wager on.

unfortunately it was by debit card,nobody answering the phones at Setanta just a recorded

message saying basicly they have gone t#ts up and to look on there website which tells

you nothing,e-mailed them now but doubt i will get a reply.

I`m gutted that Setanta has died :( ......not just for me, but for all those dyslexic children who will be worrying about who`s gonna deliver their christmas presents this year :unsure:

Archived