BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blyth Spartans Vs Blackburn Rovers

Majiball

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No idea why Simpson and Bert are on the left and Olsson and Treacy are on the right? :wacko:

Last night me and my assistant manager Mr Merlot felt it would add an element of surprise.

Well lets not become the Premiership side with that embarrassing honour eh!.....strongest side possible please Sam.

No I don't want it either but curiosity and all that.

now the tickets are on open sale at Ewood it would be a great opportunity in this credit crunch time for some folk to make a few quid by selling some on to those oiks from Blyth. :angry2:

I had two spare tickets for the replay between Man Utd and Exeter both sold for over £200 each on the gate. Happy days.

I would rest all first team players for this one and give Dunn 45 minutes of game to recover his form.

Isn't Dunn out for a month?

I would like to see Vogel and Carlos though. Two players that Ince and Sam didn't/don't seem to fancy in the premiership.

I have a horrible feeling about this one. I don't like the idea of a completely new team coming in because Rovers nearly always flop when we put out second strings.

Worked against Grimsby. :closedeyes:

I don't want our first team out there. Dependent on the Ref I think it will be very physhical we can't afford many more injuries. Its a great chance to give them some rest get the tactic's down on the training pitch so we're fresher to push on up the league to mid table.

Our priority is the league lets save the big guns for that. Our reserves are still mostly international players they should be able to beat them. If not its time for a overhaul.

I would rest all first team players for this one and give Dunn 45 minutes of game to recover his form.

-------------------- Brown --------------------

Simpson ---- Zurab ---- Mokoena ---- Olsson

Judge ----- Dunn ----- Vogel ----- Treacy

----------------- Villanueva --------------------

---------------- Derbyshire --------------------

Subs: Bunn, Ooijer, Warnock, Andrews, Tugay, Roberts, Benni

With Mokoena at centre half and Dunn injured before the match - we would lose with this formation :-)

Don't see the point in playing Carlos - as he is going (which is a shame). Move Mokoena into midfield and play Nelsen at centre half. Instead of Villanueva - I would risk McCarthy or Roberts - after all we have to score goals - I think Roberts would be unplayable for non-league centre-halves - and a few goals might help his confidence. Though we have to rest players - we still have to win and avoid a replay. With seven subs - we can easily take off the more experienced players if we can get enough in front early on (fingers crossed)

Sorry DMTP, our youth team should be capable of demolishing this side. There is absolutely no point in risking any player from our first XI. I'd play Vilanueva or anybody else who might prevent more important players picking up injuries and the like. Field a weak team and fill the subs bench with quality.

-------------------- Brown --------------------

Simpson ---- Ooijer ---- Zurab---- Olsson

Judge ----- Mokoena ----- Vogel ----- Treacy

----------------- Villanueva --------------------

---------------- Derbyshire --------------------

Subs: Bunn, Samba, Warnock, Andrews, Tugay, Roberts, Benni

Didn't know Dunn was out for so long :(

Villanueva should be given one last chance and Andrews could be in the starting line up instead of mokoena.

Odds from bet365, stuck a couple of quid on these....

6-0 40/1

7-0 66/1

8-0 100/1

9-0 125/1

10-0 200/1

I know these kind of games are normally closer, but Spartans are in terrible terrible form, and hopefully the Rovers players who come into the side are wanting to show what they can do.

Id go with this team

----------------Bunn---------------------

------------------------------------------

Simpson--Zurab---Ooijer---Ollson----

------------------------------------------

Judge---Villanueva--Vogel--Pedersen

-------------------------------------------

-------Derbyshire----Roberts-----------

Subs: Benni, Treacy, Tugay, Brown, Samba, Axe, Emerton

A couple of first teamers in there that will help their confidence. The likes of Pedersen & Roberts need to keep improving and scoring so thats why id play them.

If the result is going the right way then id take off Pedersen, Ooijer and Roberts and replace them with Axe, Treacy & Emerton - moving Villanueva into a free role.

Odds from bet365, stuck a couple of quid on these....

6-0 40/1

7-0 66/1

8-0 100/1

9-0 125/1

10-0 200/1

I know these kind of games are normally closer, but Spartans are in terrible terrible form, and hopefully the Rovers players who come into the side are wanting to show what they can do.

I admire your audacity.

now the tickets are on open sale at Ewood it would be a great opportunity in this credit crunch time for some folk to make a few quid by selling some on to those oiks from Blyth. :angry2:

Are you not aware that it is illegal to sell football tickets for any profit. The Football Association are making hugh strides to outlaw ticket touts and are always on the look out for any instances of tickets being sold on for profit.

Are you not aware that it is illegal to sell football tickets for any profit. The Football Association are making hugh strides to outlaw ticket touts and are always on the look out for any instances of tickets being sold on for profit.

Given that they can't even sort out coaching and youth training in this country I think he'll be safe. ;)

Given that they can't even sort out coaching and youth training in this country I think he'll be safe. ;)

The section dealing with illegal ticket sales is completely seperate to any coaching or training and we have recently successfully prosecuted a number of ticket "touts"

Archived