BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blyth Spartans Vs Blackburn Rovers

Majiball

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we don't beat them by more than 5 goals then i'll be very disappointed. We can go on about the magic of the FA Cup etc but let's be realistic. We're a Premier League side who have a team full of internationals and we should be beating these part timers with ease.

Saying that...Blackburn playing part-time teams never go to plan! Let's hope Blyth aren't twinned with Swedish town Trelleborg!

The section dealing with illegal ticket sales is completely seperate to any coaching or training and we have recently successfully prosecuted a number of ticket "touts"

Probably worth noting, given the name of the poster

If we don't beat them by more than 5 goals then i'll be very disappointed. We can go on about the magic of the FA Cup etc but let's be realistic. We're a Premier League side who have a team full of internationals and we should be beating these part timers with ease.

Are you serious??? I'd be disappointed if we draw or lose it. We're putting out a second string side.

Although it probably won't happen, I'd love a 10-0 thumping of Blyth. Normally I'd like to see non-league teams fight and do well like Havant and Waterlooville last season, but I want us to have loads of confidence after a good thrashing of an opponent.

I say 2-0 or 3-0 to Rovers.

Are you serious??? I'd be disappointed if we draw or lose it. We're putting out a second string side.

Of course i'm serious. Even our reserves are internationals and professionals. There will be no excuses if we don't batter them. We're playing a team who lost 3-0 to Gateshead, 4-0 against Tamsworth and 5-1 in a friendly against Bedlington Terriers.

We've got to give respect to them for getting so far but there is a reason why we're in the Premier League and why they're in the Blue Square North.

I highly doubt it.

As it's a televised match the FA provide covers and say they need to be kept on the pitch for 3 days, prior to the game. The club also bought pitch heaters recently.

Man utds reply at Exeter went ahead they covered the pitch with some sort of air balloon and pumped on hot air for two days so they could play, it'll go ahead.

As you live in Blyth, what's it like at the moment around the town? Is the game the talk of the town at the moment or are peoples minds away from the game due to Christmas period etc?

Now Christmas is over it's talk of the town. Lot's of media coverage and the clubs first ever press conference will be taking place :lol:

Nobody is really expecting to win, but dreaming of a replay at Ewood.

It's good time.

Now Christmas is over it's talk of the town. Lot's of media coverage and the clubs first ever press conference will be taking place :lol:

Nobody is really expecting to win, but dreaming of a replay at Ewood.

It's good time.

There's not been this much fever since the new Wilko's opened up :rover:

One thing I've noticed about living here is it's always bloomin windy - looks like Monday will be another blustery one - don't know if the ground gets the brunt of it or not though?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2754

I can't see it being that easy but I can't see past a 2-1 Rovers win on Monday but as long as we're in the hat for the next round and the Spartans get a nice pay day I can't grumble.

Oh and its a long shot but if anyone does "find themselves with a couple of spare tickets" come Monday monday let me know. I promise I won't prosecute ;)

Oh and its a long shot but if anyone does "find themselves with a couple of spare tickets" come Monday monday let me know. I promise I won't prosecute ;)

The tickets are now on open sale, so you should be able to get them from Rovers.

Archived