BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blyth Spartans Vs Blackburn Rovers

Majiball

The end we are in is on one of the main roads through Blyth, called Plessey Road.

2 minutes down this road is a group of 3 pubs. The Masons, The Joiners and the Sports club.

The Masons is the best to go to, but it will be absolutely rammed. Shrewsbury and Bournemouth fans we're in during the last 2 rounds, so it's fine for away fans. The local News will probably be there doing a live piece around 6:30.

The Joiners is across the road, won't be quite as rammed but should be OK.

Not sure about away fans going in the Sports club, not seen any in before.

The club social club is at the other end of the ground to where we are, as the game is segregated there won't be any opportunity to get in there during Half Time, but before and after should be ok, if you can squeeze in that is.

I'll do a map shortly.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Map of the ground to the pubs, not the best but should be clear enough.

The messy blue line is the walk from the turnstyle to the pubs.

MAP - Croft Park ----> Pubs

If anyone wants information on places in the Town Centre, let me know.

Ewood

I don't go drinking in Blyth - do you know which of the pubs will have the match on Setanta and where might be the best place to watch?

Ta

Olivers and The Kings Head will defiantly have it. Olivers will be packed, but a good little boozer and a good atmosphere. Kings Head will be half empty but will be doing cheap beer.

The Masons will have it on, as will the Sports Club, near the ground so will be packed before and after.

They are the only ones that I know have Setanta, but it might be on in the Post Office and Joiners.

Olivers will be busy, but that's where I normally watch the games, unless they aren't on normal telly then the Post Office ;)

The only carparks around there are next to the Joiners, and in between the Sports Club and Masons, probably around 15 car spaces each. Not too many in Blyth take there car to the games so it's just a case of parking in the streets near the ground, there are plenty of them, so you should find somewhere.

The only big car park is the Shopping Centre one in the Town Centre, thats a 10 minute walk.

Ground to Shopping Centre directions

Probably best to park on one of the streets nearer the ground, should be a police presence around that area.

I'm going five nil for Rovers. Big Sam will be desperate to get one back o'er the Geordies and will make sure the team is focused and gunning for goals. I'd like to to think with it being a cup game at their place that there may be some challenge but they are so many leagues behind us (five I think!) that a good thrashing SHOULD be in order.

Come on you blues! ! !

Im also going for a big win, at least 5-0. No disrespect to Blyth, but we are miles ahead of them, and should comfortably beat them. Robinson could also get on the score sheet me thinks lol

From Allardyce's interview it does look like we could line up like this:

--------Derbyshire--Carlos?

Treacy----Vogel----Grella-----Judge

Warnock---Zurab---Samba---Simpson

-------------------Bunn

A decent enough side apart from the wings which are pretty weak? And if Carlos really has had his chips then Roberts to start in his place.

Archived