BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad and I are going to this one. I like Fulham, I like the area and the ground and they are a very pleasent club in my opinion. Woy seems to have found a good balance between tight defence and a decent passing game. So, whilst I doubt their will be a repeat of the 4-3 emotional atom bomb that the game above was, there should be some neat football on show.

Our team basically picks itself I think...

-----------------McCarthy

------------------Roberts

Pedersen---Andrews----------Emerton

-----------------------Grella

Wanrnock--Nelsen---Samba---Ooijer

-----------------Robinson

Grella looked pretty average yesterday, so maybe Tugay will be preferred, but then the Turk has old legs. Carlos should get a spot on the bench. If Cruz is fit and hasn't been sold he will be on the bench too.

I can see us wining this if we replicate the workrate and organisation we showed against Citeh. A draw would be a good result mind too. Also Pedersen always seems to have a really good game if he gets two weeks rest for some reason, so he might be worth watching.

My dad and I are going to this one. I like Fulham, I like the area and the ground and they are a very pleasent club in my opinion. Woy seems to have found a good balance between tight defence and a decent passing game. So, whilst I doubt their will be a repeat of the 4-3 emotional atom bomb that the game above was, there should be some neat football on show.

Grella looked pretty average yesterday, so maybe Tugay will be preferred, but then the Turk has old legs. Carlos should get a spot on the bench. If Cruz is fit and hasn't been sold he will be on the bench too.

I can see us wining this if we replicate the workrate and organisation we showed against Citeh. A draw would be a good result mind too. Also Pedersen always seems to have a really good game if he gets two weeks rest for some reason, so he might be worth watching.

Roque will be fit in the next seven to ten days according to Sam.

They are stll there!

We'll take 4-3 again!

Great memories, I've still got the whole game on vhs because I was working till 3am that night I had to tape it. Watched it when I got in and woke the whole neighborhood up :D

As for this weekend, it's going to be a tough encounter. Fulham have been on a roll of late and even picked up an away win against Sheff Weds in the cup.

I think with the rest period given to our 1st team and a hopefully an in depth strategy plan has been deployed, we should be well setup.

My team

Robinson

Ooijer Samba Nelsen Warnock

Emerton Tugay Grella Pedersen

Santa Cruz McCarthy

Subs: Bunn, Zurab, Simpson, Andrews, Derbyshire, Roberts and Pineapple Head.

If Santa Cruz is still injured then keep the RAM partnership in order.

I'm going for 1-0 Rovers, Pedersen to score!

I'd play and Roberts and McCarthy up front for this game. I think Roque will be beaten in the air by that huge fella Haangeland(sp?). Roberts and the flair of McCarthy may well help us get through a very mean Fulham defence. I'd take a point in this game as it's always a tricky game. Hopefully, Warnock will have another belter in this game as he loves playing VS Fulham.

1-1

Johnson

Nelsen ;)

2-0 to Rovers. We playing well, that is the 1st 11. I think Carlos might just get a bit of extra game time,after a decent display last night. Interesting game this one, and i can see it being a close game but we will win it.

dm - it was at loftus road i think, i remember getting there early watching lara get 400 in the test match against england, then convinced at half time we were relegated and then singing 'you'll never get a passport' to al'fayed. And that cole goal was excellent and i can't find it online anywhere. Flitcroft on the right wing. Who would have thunked?

I might have the match on video somewhere. Unfortunately, I don't know what is in storage.

dm - it was at loftus road i think, i remember getting there early watching lara get 400 in the test match against england, then convinced at half time we were relegated and then singing 'you'll never get a passport' to al'fayed. And that cole goal was excellent and i can't find it online anywhere. Flitcroft on the right wing. Who would have thunked?

The only problem with that game was that I was sat with Fulham fans (I was skint and a friend got tickets from Lee Clark). Spent the whole match sat next to Mark Crossleys dad. Thankfully Fulham fans are a gentle lot because I went mental when Steadinho scored. I'm bringing the misses to this game and we've never lost when I'm with her so fingers crossed.

I think your just about right, just depends on how match fit Grella is after his outing against Blyth, may be a fraction early for him for such a big game, Tugay being the obvious replacement who may even start ahead of Andrews, may need his engine though away from home.

It's going to be a tight game, Johnson will be a menace with his pace, hopefully we don't give him any penalties.

2-1 I'm going for, I just don't know who too!!!

Definitely settle for 4-3 though, that brought back memories, Jon Stead, wow!!

The 4-3 at Craven Cottage during 03/04 is one of the best memories I have of watching Rovers. [You might think this is a bit odd considering the league in '95 and the League Cup in '02 but being from 'Merica I didn't know football existed until after the 2002 World Cup. ] :)

The 4-3 at Craven Cottage during 03/04 is one of the best memories I have of watching Rovers. [You might think this is a bit odd considering the league in '95 and the League Cup in '02 but being from 'Merica I didn't know football existed until after the 2002 World Cup. ] :)

so you missed diana ross' penalty then?

Just back from watching training at Ewood this morning. Sam was very instrumental in what was going on. Looked like a first 11 v second 11 with no surprises in selection, Tugay and Andrews in Centre Mid.

We have lost only 1 in 6 at Fulham so hopeful of a draw or a 1-0 win.

Archived