BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Corner Flags

dcbrfc

It was a myth apparently.

If it was a myth then it was a good one, and one I bragged about to my Villa-supporting brother, particularly so when he brags about having won Europe. Of course, telling him we've won the Premier League tends to shut him up.

If it's a myth, it's a pretty widely believed one. Pretty sure the BBC and Rovers themselves have referred to having the honour of being able to have it in the past.

It isnt a myth its true!

The FA should have given us the trophy when we won the FA cup for the 3rd time in a row but couldnt afford.........so we

were given the right to have our emblem on the corner flags

FACT!

It is a complete myth as far as I know.

I'm sure there is more than one Prem Club with their crests on the flags and our success in winning the Cup in 1884/5/6 was commemorated by a unique silver plaque which currently is on display at Ewood in the Jack Walker stand.

It isnt a myth its true!

The FA should have given us the trophy when we won the FA cup for the 3rd time in a row but couldnt afford.........so we

were given the right to have our emblem on the corner flags

FACT!

It has never been confirmed by any official source, including the club, in fact some have denied it outright - mainly the FA.

There is no written evidence to suggest that the FA gave the Rovers permission to use anything on corner flags. As Rev said, a special shield was presented to the club in recognition of winning the trophy three times in succession. They were unable to keep the trophy because of an undertaking that the FA had given to the Wanderers when they won the trophy three times in a row. The Wanderers returned the trophy to the FA but only on the strict understanding that no club would be allowed to win it outright at some point in the future. Hence the special shield that was presented to the club.

Archived