SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronaldo with dribble?

Not so much dribble as spittle.

It's a yes from me but only at the right price, circa £2M. Although, it feels a bit like taking some horrible tasting medicine in the hope that it'll do some good.

He is a bit of an idiot, true enough. I wouldn't compare it to Savage, who seemed like a guy with a sense of humour and knew how to get under peoples skin but wasn't actually malevolent. Bellamy would be a better simile - Craig clearly is a bit of a nasty phycopath. That said he behaved at Rovers. And who would not want Bellamy back?

I am up for giving people a chance within reason. So I would certainly not want us to rule him out. I would rather he comes and then we get him to (or rather he chooses to) behave. That would make me a little bit proud of the club to behonest. We do seem to be a calming influence on a lot of players.

In a tight market he would certainly give us more options at a reasonable price.

I loathe the little get, but if he forms part of Sam's plan to get us out of the @#/? then he's welcome with open arms.

Hell, if it was the difference in ending up in the championship I'd have Hitler playing at left back.

I agree with this I can see him being a favorite after a few well placed dives and spittle covered opponents and refs.

I think Hitler would feel better on the right wing.

Whether we agree or differ makes little odds. The plain fact is that for a club our size, with our meagre resource, currently occupying a relegation place and with many of our rivals strengthening this January (Mags / Spuds / Yids). The term 'beggers cannot be choosers' becomes very very relevent.

Here should endeth discussion.

its based on the fact that he is a spitter, a diver, a cheat and a highly paid nob :rolleyes:

Yeah but at least he would be our diver,cheat and highly paid nob and not playing against us. I am being flippant but needs must at the moment and it is all about staying in the premier league with proven performers right now,no experiments. Hopefully it will be different next season. Look what crazy directions Hughes is going in.

Disgraceful

How anyone can condone having him in a rovers shirt need to hang their heads in utter shame and have a right good word with themselves

At least he doesnt spit and dive at the same time :wacko:

He's a spiteful little scumbag! If he isn't good enough for Sunderland or Bolton, then we shouldn't want him. He represents all that is wrong with modern day footballers. I was at the Celtic v Liverpool game a few years ago when he spit into the crowd. I've despised him since then and he has done nothing to change my opinion.

On his ability yes on his personality no, but in our situation im not sure beggars can be chosers, as long as he isnt being signed as a cover for santa.

If his antics on the pitch were helping us to get 3 points i would take it (for this season) .

Ronaldo is exactly the same kind of idiot diouf is but how many would welcome ronaldo becasue of his ability? , if it helps rovers out of the brown stuff id accept maggie thatcher up right wing as long as we avoid going down!

The term 'beggers cannot be choosers' becomes very very relevent.

Here should endeth discussion.

We are not so strait-jacketed by circumstances that we have to sign Vampire Diouf with his Jeffers' like talent for diving.

Am I right in thinking that he's not actually that fast these days? He doesn't score goals with any kind of regularity, either.

His main attribute, therefore, is his reasonable but mercurial skill.

There are plenty of players out there with reasonable skill who do not come with the unsavoury baggage of Dioufy. Why, Alan Judge seems to have shown that he has reasonable skill (maybe more) and talent for the RM role. And, I assume that Diouf could be being primed for RM.

Sbragia's Sunderland revival has taken place sans Diouf. WE SHOULD TAKE HEED. Or, Allardyce should. What is it with these new managers with their stupid pet transfer projects. Hughes had the Taffy thing, Ince, the Andrews thing and now Allardyce and the supposed Diouf-ititis.

Been a fair bit of debate with regards to El Hadji Diouf being a transfer target for Rovers,so i figured we may as well have a seperate thread on the guy.

My opinion is I don`t like the fella for his antics at the other clubs he has been at so far,however if he signs for Rovers he will get my full support unless he acts in a way that taints the club.I make that point because in my view it is extremely significant,I didn`t like Bellamy before he came to Rovers or Savage for that matter,but whilst they were both at Ewood they behaved themselves and probably changed Rovers fans views on how we saw them.

If Diouf was to come to Ewood we would get a player who once cost Liverpool £10m for a reported £2m who on his day can be a pain in the neck for opposition defences.With things being the way they are with regards to our league position we are not in as strong a position to buy quality players as we would like to be,in which case beggars can`t be choosers.

So,what are your views?

Agreed- except there comes a point that somebody is so unbalanced that it is counter-productive.

Keane and Sbragia (who had Diouf before) don't fancy the problem.

Allardyce sort of did OK with him at Boloton although Diouff was hardly perfectly behaved. Since then Sam's ability to handle nutcases has been brought into doubt by his Newcastle experience- Barton and Smith.

There are plenty of players out there with reasonable skill who do not come with the unsavoury baggage of Dioufy. Why, Alan Judge seems to have shown that he has reasonable skill (maybe more) and talent for the RM role.

Really? I must have missed that. :rolleyes:

He may be one for the future but he's very small and he hasn't shown much of anything yet. Not one of our last 3 managers has offered him a regular place in the squad never mind the team so how come you think he is the answer to our most important problem? :blink:

We are not so strait-jacketed by circumstances that we have to sign Vampire Diouf with his Jeffers' like talent for diving.

Am I right in thinking that he's not actually that fast these days? He doesn't score goals with any kind of regularity, either.

There are plenty of players out there with reasonable skill who do not come with the unsavoury baggage of Dioufy. Why, Alan Judge seems to have shown that he has reasonable skill (maybe more) and talent for the RM role. And, I assume that Diouf could be being primed for RM.

Sbragia's Sunderland revival has taken place sans Diouf. WE SHOULD TAKE HEED. Or, Allardyce should. What is it with these new managers with their stupid pet transfer projects. Hughes had the Taffy thing, Ince, the Andrews thing and now Allardyce and the supposed Diouf-ititis.

Judge has not been playing on the right hand side of midfield for the Reserves for some time now. He has been used in a central role. I think Sam made it clear in recent interviews that he wants players with Premier League experience who he trusts to do the job he wants. With Diouf having worked with him before I suspect that he believes he will be of more value in trying to lift the club from the relegation zone than an untried youngster. Sam knows what Diouf is capable of producing and obviously believes that he can get the best out of him. Sadly, and I speak as someone who has watched and admired Judge come through the youth and reserve levels, I don't think he did himself justice on Monday night and he did little to suggest that he is ready to claim a first team place at the moment.

What a load of rubbish.

Diouf hasnt played regular for 12 months, when he did, he was a very good player who used to get on the nerves of other teams. He was adored by bolton fans and hated by everyone else.

Alan Judge? Sorry I know you are keen to give youth a chance, but Judge proved the other night that he just isnt ready yet and in a relegation battle we cannot afford to give him time to get it right. Its premiership experience which will be crucial and that is something he doesnt have.

As for fast... Yes diouf is quick and would probably be our fastest player if he signed. He is a crowd pleaser (own crowd only) and he runs at players which is what tends to get the crowd on their feet.

At a time when we need our squad to be together, united in our common goal, we want Diouf. A man (not convinced he's matured yet) who is renowned for being disruptive, inconsistent and flattering to decieve, sorry there's more than one right sided player.

Its amazing how far one good world cup can take a man.

Sbragia is a motivator/man manager and he wants rid.

we can do better.

Don't like him at all. But if he can improve our team, then 'yay'. I'd rather be in the Premiership with Diouf than in the Championship without him. Not necessarily saying that he's the difference between the two, but you get my point.

Sam worked with him at Bolton, and if he's willing to sign him again it should confirm the stories I've heard several times that he's far easier to work with off the pitch than on it.

From a footballing point of view I can forgive most things, even the dive he took a few years ago at ours.

But what I can't handle is his reputation for being a dirty spitting rat. He's been seen spitting on numerous occassions and I don't want anyone wearing a blue and white shirt that spits at people.

NO NO NO NO NO :angry:

Archived