BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

Here's something to consider with Diouf.

Yes Sam kept him under control at times but at Bolton Sam had some seriously highly rated sports psychologists. Unfortunatly they are not at Rovers as they are now at other premiership teams.

What happens to team spirit when he throws his toys out?

Its a big risk in our situation, imo.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not one of our last 3 managers has offered him a regular place in the squad never mind the team

The guy is 20! He was put on the bench reguarly under Ince and a couple of times under Hughes. He also was in Big Sam's first team selection against Stoke. The kid must have something about him in training.

In pre-season he was quality for us, granted that may not be the best marker for a players ability but he has to be worth a place on the bench. He will not improve without significant first team games, this probably means sending him out on loan as I don't think we can afford to take the gamble with every point being vital.

I don't think you should write him off so quickly mind you. Both him and Treacy have shown potential and need to be given first team games to improve.

The guy is 20! He was put on the bench reguarly under Ince and a couple of times under Hughes. He also was in Big Sam's first team selection against Stoke. The kid must have something about him in training.

In pre-season he was quality for us, granted that may not be the best marker for a players ability but he has to be worth a place on the bench. He will not improve without significant first team games, this probably means sending him out on loan as I don't think we can afford to take the gamble with every point being vital.

I don't think you should write him off so quickly mind you. Both him and Treacy have shown potential and need to be given first team games to improve.

I agree broadly speaking but we do need a bit of experience in the squad. Diouf will give us more options up front (and has to be better than the completely ineffective Derbyshire) and out right.

Judge and Treacy have got a year or two to develop.

Disgraceful

How anyone can condone having him in a rovers shirt need to hang their heads in utter shame and have a right good word with themselves

If Diouf did this against West Brom, on the last day of the season to keep us up, would you complain then?

I really, really do dislike the guy on a personal level. However, he is a very good footballer and would add a hell of a lot to our team at present either on the right or up front. Seemingly available for a small fee and having played well under Allardyce at Bolton, he would undoubtedly be a good signing for the club. However, I really do hate the guy... I'm torn!

In 2006 he assaulted his wife.

In 2007 he fell out with the hierarchy of Senengal and retired from international football

2008 he was a good boy! Well done Diouf!

Diouf not charged over alleged assault. No idea whether he actually did anything or not, but that would suggest he didn't.

Hadn't heard anything about falling out with Senegal beforehand so can't really say anything.

Another move that divides us all again!!!!!

How the ferk is Williams and the board managing to keep this up beggers belief when will they do something that will....... unite us all.

When hell freezes over. "You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time." John Lydgate.

First Allardyce is installed and now we have the possibility of El-Hadj Diouf in a Rovers shirt??

After six months of searching for a right midfield player, THIS is (allegedly) what we come up with?

What on earth has become of our club.

I agree. If he comes, then we'll have to put up with him but I can't imagine ever warming to him. Not even if he turns out to be a star signing in terms of results. He's just not the kind of personality on the pitch that makes him a fans' favourite just because he's there like some players are.

Diouf not charged over alleged assault. No idea whether he actually did anything or not, but that would suggest he didn't.

Hadn't heard anything about falling out with Senegal beforehand so can't really say anything.

It's amazing what you can get away with these days without witnesses, seriously though he may not have done it but it still doesn't fill you with joy hearing those sorts of stories. Although it was his wife who phoned the police during the night and when she arrived she had a cut lip. (According to various sources). Probably changed her story after the heat of the moment.

Although the article you brought up raised a couple of interesting points, I didn't realise the one person he spat on was an eleven year old boy. Lovely behaviour.

Looks like you can also add drink driving to his hall of shame as well.

Anyone remember his horrific challenge on Arbeloa a few years back as well.

If he can improve the team then I'll support him when he wears a Rovers shirt but I really don't want him at the club and I'm not even sure if he is much better than we have, Sunderland obviously don't think he's that good. I don't think he can even play on the right in a 4 man midfield any better than Emerton can.

If he has to come then fine but hopefully on a loan so we can get shot of him as soon as were mathematically safe.

It's amazing what you can get away with these days without witnesses, seriously though he may not have done it but it still doesn't fill you with joy hearing those sorts of stories. Although it was his wife who phoned the police during the night and when she arrived she had a cut lip. (According to various sources). Probably changed her story after the heat of the moment.

Although the article you brought up raised a couple of interesting points, I didn't realise the one person he spat on was an eleven year old boy. Lovely behaviour.

Looks like you can also add drink driving to his hall of shame as well.

Anyone remember his horrific challenge on Arbeloa a few years back as well.

If he can improve the team then I'll support him when he wears a Rovers shirt but I really don't want him at the club and I'm not even sure if he is much better than we have, Sunderland obviously don't think he's that good. I don't think he can even play on the right in a 4 man midfield any better than Emerton can.

If he has to come then fine but hopefully on a loan so we can get shot of him as soon as were mathematically safe.

much better than emerton attacking wise but nowhere near as good defensively. might actually beat a man going forward, emerton just gets there then stops and stands in front of the defender, so annoying, he didnt used to when he first signed

much better than emerton attacking wise but nowhere near as good defensively. might actually beat a man going forward, emerton just gets there then stops and stands in front of the defender, so annoying, he didnt used to when he first signed

If we sign him I am sure we will use him as a second striker or as a right sided player in a 433/4231. I can't see how he would fit into the 442 without knackering the shape of it.

• Backroom

i'm in the yay camp as I think he can offer us something new.

Sure he dives and cheats but that didn't stop us loving Bentley did it and I would say he is worse for the diving.

The spitting is unforgiveable but hopefully thats in the past.

When's the last time Diouf actually did something terrible? 2004? Is it not possible he's grown up a little since then?

I think he signed for Sunderland more recently than that.

Anyway, we don't know who Sam is looking at- he had enough time out of the game to have scouted Swaziland and Outer Mongolia so I guess we could be in for an out of the ordinary name or two. The Italian winger seems an interesting one.

In Sam we trust....

I think he signed for Sunderland more recently than that.

Anyway, we don't know who Sam is looking at- he had enough time out of the game to have scouted Swaziland and Outer Mongolia so I guess we could be in for an out of the ordinary name or two. The Italian winger seems an interesting one.

In Sam we trust....

Lol at the Sunderland remark.

I think though it's more likely we'll be getting the established premiership names in then random foreign players who may or may not cut it in the premiership, he may however look to bring one or two of them in on loan signings for less of a gamble.

The things is with Diouf though, if we do want him then why isn't he here? He's available by the looks of it, Sunderland don't want him, he's keen to move, you'd think it would be a case of, put in a bid, sort out wages and pass the medical. From what it seems we haven't actually bidded yet, hopefully Sam has other options and he goes to Wigan.

Archived