BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spit The Diouf

if diouf comes to us on the cheap and sam can get him playing like he was at Bolton i think he will do very well at Rovers, anybody saying they will not attend any Rovers matches if he signs for us are damb right idiots. If a player can improve our team and help us stay in the top flight i am all for it to happen.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diouf is my most hated player in the world. I dont care how good he is, I wouldnt want him in a Rovers shirt. I still havent forgiven him for that outrageous dive then celebrating infront of the fans about three years ago, never amind the frequent spitting. Horrible guy.

Exactly.

I mean, surely some sort of line has to exist in football, and Diouf is well beyond it.

and if he can't get in the Sunderland team, he can't be that brilliant, can he?

We are so holy with out morales now aren't we......

What about us poor sufferering Rovers fans having to watch Emerton's "attempts" to go past a full back all over again.... save us!

Free Bert MK II, sign Diouff!

Big yay from me. As a right midfielder though as Revidge mentioned. That way Bert can push back and Ooijer can leave.

Sure we can question his character all we want, at the end of the day beggars can't be choosers and we're about as desperate as can be to stay in the top flight.

The ends justifies the means.

Forgive me if you all disagree.

I thought/think Diouf's best position is in the centre of the park - albeit in a more advanced position - number 10 if you will or even the point of a diamond.

That is where we seem to be lacking.

I would have him for that position - not as a right winger.

Been a fair bit of debate with regards to El Hadji Diouf being a transfer target for Rovers,so i figured we may as well have a seperate thread on the guy.

My opinion is I don`t like the fella for his antics at the other clubs he has been at so far,however if he signs for Rovers he will get my full support unless he acts in a way that taints the club.I make that point because in my view it is extremely significant,I didn`t like Bellamy before he came to Rovers or Savage for that matter,but whilst they were both at Ewood they behaved themselves and probably changed Rovers fans views on how we saw them.

If Diouf was to come to Ewood we would get a player who once cost Liverpool £10m for a reported £2m who on his day can be a pain in the neck for opposition defences.With things being the way they are with regards to our league position we are not in as strong a position to buy quality players as we would like to be,in which case beggars can`t be choosers.

So,what are your views?

I think that diouf would be a great signing, if santa cruz was going to city. i think that diouf would be a good partner with McCarthy, the only bad thing about him is that he has had a bat past with other clubs.

Been a fair bit of debate with regards to El Hadji Diouf being a transfer target for Rovers,so i figured we may as well have a seperate thread on the guy.

My opinion is I don`t like the fella for his antics at the other clubs he has been at so far,however if he signs for Rovers he will get my full support unless he acts in a way that taints the club.I make that point because in my view it is extremely significant,I didn`t like Bellamy before he came to Rovers or Savage for that matter,but whilst they were both at Ewood they behaved themselves and probably changed Rovers fans views on how we saw them.

If Diouf was to come to Ewood we would get a player who once cost Liverpool £10m for a reported £2m who on his day can be a pain in the neck for opposition defences.With things being the way they are with regards to our league position we are not in as strong a position to buy quality players as we would like to be,in which case beggars can`t be choosers.

So,what are your views?

I think that diouf would be a great signing, if santa cruz was going to city. i think that diouf would be a good partner with McCarthy, the only bad thing about him is that he has had a bad past with other clubs.

Sadly, and I speak as someone who has watched and admired Judge come through the youth and reserve levels, I don't think he did himself justice on Monday night and he did little to suggest that he is ready to claim a first team place at the moment.

I am really shocked about the negative inferences drawn by fans from Judge's performance against Blyth.

In a very poor team performance, I thought Judge looked like, arguably, our best attacking player. Whenever he got the ball, he seemed assured and showed glimpses of skill and vision. He also rarely gave the ball away, showing the ability on the ball which explains why he has also played CM for the reserves.

That was his debut, so I think he can get better.

I really don't think you should bracket Treacy and Judge. I was an advocate for Treacy getting a chance. But now, I am prepared to acknowledge that Treacy has not taken his chance. Whilst Treacy does have pace, willingness to run with the ball and occasionally good crosses, mentally, he does not seem up to it - at least, not yet. He seems easily discouraged by hefty challenges and most crucially, he seriously lacks vision. When he gets the ball, if he can't get down the line, he seems to have no idea what to do with the ball.

Judge, on the other hand, seemed to have the vision for expeditious decision-making. I still think we need a top draw right winger but Diouf is not that. I'd rather Judge played than Diouf. And I think people are being mistaken about Diouf's pace - the speed that troubled France's defenders all those years back is gone, I'm quite sure.

If Diouf did this against West Brom, on the last day of the season to keep us up, would you complain then?

I know what he means but alternatively I think we'd ALL give him the freedom of the town if he did it against Bolton! :lol:

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time." John Lydgate.

I thought it was attributed to Abe Lincoln?

much better than emerton attacking wise but nowhere near as good defensively. might actually beat a man going forward, emerton just gets there then stops and stands in front of the defender, so annoying, he didnt used to when he first signed

I think the opposition would find playing against him at rm and Emerton at rb a powerful and difficult proposition.

anybody saying they will not attend any Rovers matches if he signs for us are damb right idiots. If a player can improve our team and help us stay in the top flight i am all for it to happen.

I think you should have that as your signature gaz.

I want to see Rovers youngsters come through and do well as much as anybody but I have to say that rover6's most recent post is naive in the extreme.

I have some involvement with helping young classical music performers. These kids know that they have to work unbelievably hard and develop all their natural talent and even then it is a matter of subjective judgement and good luck.

Occasional opportunities come along- a 7 minute audition here, a lucky break as understudy there. It doesn't matter whether they are having an emotional crisis, unwell or injured- if the chance comes they have to sieze it because there are thousands equally detrermined talented kids who will take the chance if you don't.

Blyth was the big chance for Judge and Treacy. They funked it big time.

It is a hard world out there and the careers of Judge and Treacy pale into total insignificance compared with the consequences for Rovers if we don't avoid relegation. If we bring two experienced journeymen from foreign leagues to cover the positions they are supposed to be covering I will be delighted. Based on Blyth, giving either Treacy or Judge any Prem League time for the rest of this season would be an entirely unacceptable risk.

I am really shocked about the negative inferences drawn by fans from Judge's performance against Blyth.

'I' singular, 'fans' plural. Hmmm might it just be that you are wrong rover6?

Whatever Judge becomes in the future I don't know, I hope he does well for us but right now he does not have enough about him to contribute much to our relegation battle this season.

Whatever Judge becomes in the future I don't know, I hope he does well for us but right now he does not have enough about him to contribute much to our relegation battle this season.

Mmmm ... interesting, how many times have you seen Judge play Theno?

As always its always people's opionions but are you saying this going off his one performance the other night?

I'll agree if you are, as he didn't exactly put in a good account of himself but then again neither did anybody else with the exception of maybe Goran - but we know what he is capable of anyway.

I have said before , Judge to me is a gem waiting to be polished and I really do feel he has something to offer if that is only a balance to the side for the moment -relegation battle or not.

Treacy , on the other hand I have never really been convinced about and still not sure - thought he arguably did ok for the most against Blyth though but certainly needs to toughen up.

Okay, simple question, did anyone else think that, in difficult circumstances, Judge's Blyth performance was quite impressive?

(This is still relevant to the Diouf thread, I hope mods will agree, because El Hadji may be our right winger in the future.)

Okay, simple question, did anyone else think that, in difficult circumstances, Judge's Blyth performance was quite impressive?

(This is still relevant to the Diouf thread, I hope mods will agree, because El Hadji may be our right winger in the future.)

No, not really. Though I don't think this makes him a write-off by any means.

I'd say Diouf has more in his locker in terms of skill, and is probably a bit quicker too. Not a fan of him as a person at all, but as players he seems a much better option for the current situation than Judge.

Mmmm ... interesting, how many times have you seen Judge play Theno?

Prob about 3 times in fairness. You have a point capt BUT if he'd been all that promising and with us going 13 games without a win I guess I'd have seen him play more times wouldn't I.

I thought it was attributed to Abe Lincoln?

Abe said, 'You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.'. John Lydgate said 'please'... ;)

I thought second half he was our best player. Also my Villa Fan Mate text me to ask about Judge and said he thought he was a good prospect for the future.

I thought second half he was our best player. Also my Villa Fan Mate text me to ask about Judge and said he thought he was a good prospect for the future.

Personally, I thought most of the Rovers players were anonymous. Treacy got involved. Carlos looked like he wanted the ball and wanted to try things. Kish was very solid and impressive, easily the best Rovers player. Grella looked very solid and performed well. Mokoena looked reasonably solid defensively but like he could commit a very stupid foul any second and get sent off, it must be the way he moves... The rest were relatively anonymous but I'm not saying Judge couldn't get better, just that he wasn't as 'involved' as some.

If Diouf isn't coming, and I'm not sure he is a right winger anyway (strikes me he might be a right whinger though!), Judge might get some games later this season. It'd be nice to see a youth player actually make it to the big time and genuinely deserve it.

Prob about 3 times in fairness. You have a point capt BUT if he'd been all that promising and with us going 13 games without a win I guess I'd have seen him play more times wouldn't I.

yep, totally agree - all depends on the manager I suppose really although

However, what I was trying to do is balance it with Treacy who has been given more chances but still imo is yet to impress .

I still feel the stigma is with the height of Judge which I think is totally wrong - he is a lttle 'tough un' so to speak.

sorry - forgot to add that in my own roundabout way is that I would rather Judge was given the chance (initially at least) rather than have spit the Diouf anywhere near our club ( although I wouldn't be joining Waggy if he did)

On the plus side from what is in some of the other threads and in the papers it looks like the Diouf deal is dead after Spragia (sp?) doesn't want to sell any of his players to premiership rivals! Thank you Ricky!!!

As for Judge, I thought he did okay while nothing spectacular, no worse than the rest of the team, let's not judge him on one game which was in tricky circumstances on a very difficult pitch against a team who performed above and beyond their ability.

The likes or Ronaldo, Drogba, Adebayor, 3 of the premierships players all took time to perform consistently, I think it would have been a mistake to have thrown them out after one game.

I really don't think you should bracket Treacy and Judge. I was an advocate for Treacy getting a chance. But now, I am prepared to acknowledge that Treacy has not taken his chance.

That's a fair enough assessment IMO . How anyone can advocate discarding Judge on the back of one performance at a non league game in the FA cup is beyond belief . What the hell is the point of developing talent in the academy if one indifferent game - followed up by some stupid comments from people who never see a game unless it's on the box - can ruin it all ? In fact what's the point of an academy at all ? Let's just sign foreign "journeymen" and hope for the best .

I'd like to see him at the very least on the bench to provide cover for whoever is signed by Allardyce - and given him his chance from there .

Under no circumstances should we sign the lowlife Diouf . I simply don't want to put money into his pocket . Signing players like him who undermine what little football has still to offer the working man is something I could never support .

Archived