BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Killzone 2

Guest Kamy100

Online is great, if you liked COD4 or COD5 then you will love this as it is better. There is no lag and online gameplay is superb.

This is already heading towards being the best game on the PS3, for me it is a must buy for PS3 owners.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been giving the single player a good old hammering at the weekend and love it more the longer I play it.

As I have banged on about before the clever AI makes sure you don't get too comfortable in one spot and are always moving to catch you out. At one point last night I played a level where I was pushing them back but as I was reloading they re positioned and I got pushed right the way back to the start of the section - Some may be confused by that but I thought it was brilliant. I got killed and had to start again. Because there is no real set pattern as to where they are going to be standing (they will always start off coming from the same place of course) the way I played the whole section changed and felt fresh on the second try.

If I had to gripe about anything really it would be:-

I feel I may be a fair bit through the game but all the levels just feel like one big level and I haven't really had anything new to look at

The slight glitch every time it loads a new bit of the level (I am talking less than a second but you notice it)

Your mate that is with you always ALWAYS needing help

No sniper rifle (yet) - there have been times where I could have really used one but haven't found one

I can't wait to get the single player out of the way so that I can move onto the multiplayer - as said above though I would probably play through the single player game again due to the great battles that you have.

EDIT - Ok I have now found a sniper rifle but who cares when I have found the best gun in the game that pretty much makes you invincible. I wont say what it is for those that haven't found it yet but its awsome.

Guest Kamy100

I have been playing this for the last couple of days and have been very impressed. First of all this cannot be compared to Gears Of War 2 as in my opinion they both play completely differently, this game really makes you think (particularly on the highest difficulty level), the AI is smart and they come at you from different angles, it is not possible to accurately predict what they will do, this means you can play the game many times in single player mode. I am halfway through it and really like the way the missions are structured and the variety of tactics that I have to use, there are times where I have to "outwit" the computer AI and that is not easy. The graphics are superb, although almost all of it thus far has been urban wasteland, but I have been mega impressed by the partical affects, particularly when things blow up. The environements are very detailed and it is definitely the best looking game that I have ever played on a console. I was a bit miffed by the controls to begin with (I had not played the demo), however after making some slight adjustments to them I am now happy.

Online is also very good, although I have been so busy playing the single player campaign that I have not played this much, did have a great game on Sunday with a couple of friends, there is a lot of scope for the online with the different modes and clan support. Once I finish the single player I will hit the online modes.

This game may have taken years to arrive but it has lived up to the hype it generated when it was announced.

loving this game- have to say the intro has probably the best looking graphics i have ever seen on any console.

gameplay is carnage- :rolleyes:

the only issue i have with online- had a few bashes at it with a mate maybe we were doing something wrong...

both of us have headsets, & when a game starts we both went and muted all the other players but still couldn't hear each other-

took all other players off mute and then could hear each other? there seemed to be no way of just talking to each other without listening to all the other threadbares?

also, is skips between games quite quickly - is there no just killing option for say 10 minutes, rather than just plowing through the different missions?

cheers for any advice boys!

Guest Kamy100

I am nearing the last mission and from what I have heard it is meant to be hard and a bit of an epic. Amazing game and like you Cocker this is one of the very few games that I would play again tomorrow.

Okay, I've not completed the single player yet as I've been engrossed on the online side of things.

I disagree that if you enjoyed Cod then you will automatically like Killzone because there are a lot of differences although after you get over this you will probabley love it.

For those who want the controls to be the same as Cod then select the alternate 2 option and choose to hold down aim. The sensitivity takes a bit of getting used to but you will get the hang of it.

I wasn't that impressed with the online side of things at 1st and found that like a lot of people I was just running around like a headless chicken but once I got my bearings right and unlocked different classes and badges I began to love it.

One of the real bennefits of the game are the dedicated servers as there is almost no lag what so ever. Also the online clan system makes it easy to get matches online as you bet valour points for your clan. I would suggest people try getting involved in clan games as they can be very tactical and competetive aswell as fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks - I'll have a look tonight. One of the (ever so minor) criticisms of the game is that the levels and scenery, as incredibly look and fantastically playable as the are, blend into one so I'll have a look carefully. Off the top of my head it's a bit a few hours in where I have to secure some gun on top of a platform and you run round a corner and there's plenty of helgans to kills but, unlike other levels, there's a never ending supply lying behind containers and in the distance and I shoot til all my ammos gone and can't progress. I've tried making a run for it and that doesn't work either. I'll get the name of the gun I'm supposed to secure later.

You have quite a bit to go then if you are where I think you are.

Anyway if I am right you will have just come down some scaffolding from the bridge and there is a kind of gully with many Hellgan rushing you. As you say at the top of all this is a massive gun shooting at you.

What you need to do is come down the scaffolding and head to the gun rack. In here is a grenade launcher. Strap it on and just fire it in the air (not at the big gun) until you are out. That will pretty much deal with all the Hellgan in your area.

You then rush to the top and take the gun and blow everything else away.

It sounds simple but then again I am on my third run through now (the first time of doing this it took me about 10 goes - you will see later how easy this is compared to some parts - its this kind of thing that makes it an ace game for me though)

As for the scenery, I love waiting to see those little red eyes pop up against the dark back ground so I can blast them away.

You have quite a bit to go then if you are where I think you are.

Anyway if I am right you will have just come down some scaffolding from the bridge and there is a kind of gully with many Hellgan rushing you. As you say at the top of all this is a massive gun shooting at you.

What you need to do is come down the scaffolding and head to the gun rack. In here is a grenade launcher. Strap it on and just fire it in the air (not at the big gun) until you are out. That will pretty much deal with all the Hellgan in your area.

You then rush to the top and take the gun and blow everything else away.

It sounds simple but then again I am on my third run through now (the first time of doing this it took me about 10 goes - you will see later how easy this is compared to some parts - its this kind of thing that makes it an ace game for me though)

As for the scenery, I love waiting to see those little red eyes pop up against the dark back ground so I can blast them away.

Thanks. Yes it's there on the Salamun Bridge section. I only play it once a week if I'm lucky but have been stuck for ages on this bit!!!

Thanks Cocker. It's got to the next save point on 2nd attempt. Didn't really know what I was doing with the launcher but eventually they did stop coming. Great game.

As I said for the launcher don't think about using it just point it into the air and fire it from left to right until your out. If there is a launcher near by then there will be allot of guys heading your way so use it.

I played quite a bit of the multiplayer last night - against the botts and it was brilliant. What putts me off multiplayer games sometimes is that you have these people that play the thing for 24 hours a day. They will jump into the game and get to their little hidy hole and sit there killing everyone for half an hour - I do not see any fun in that at all. This is where the botts mode comes into its own. Because of the very clever AI in Killzone 2 it really does feel like your playing against other people which is great. It even puts names over their heads to make it feel like someone else is really playing against you.

I just can not get enough of this and is one of those games that isnt going for a trade in.

Well i've now hit the next spike of that thing that flies around and you have to shoot the electrical things and hit it with a launcher. It's a nightmare. Hit it three times and still needs more, but as soon as one of its rockets hits then I lose so much visibility with my damage, the smoke, and shooting a black object in a black sky that I just can't get it enough times before it gets me. Arrgghh!!!! :angry:

This bit is quite easy to be honest. Grab the rocket launcher and head to the next platform down. There is a covered walkway that you can hide in. All you need to do is to pull out your pistol (triangle) and wait until the flying beast comes round. When he does unload on the electrical pylon and he will be stuck. Hit triangle to get your launcher out and hit him. Now turn and run down the other end of the tunnel that your in and again stick your head out.

Rinse and repeat and you should be done. Honestly there is much worse to come that have no easy way out apart from fighting your way through - which is ace

This bit is quite easy to be honest. Grab the rocket launcher and head to the next platform down. There is a covered walkway that you can hide in. All you need to do is to pull out your pistol (triangle) and wait until the flying beast comes round. When he does unload on the electrical pylon and he will be stuck. Hit triangle to get your launcher out and hit him. Now turn and run down the other end of the tunnel that your in and again stick your head out.

Rinse and repeat and you should be done. Honestly there is much worse to come that have no easy way out apart from fighting your way through - which is ace

Yes thanks - I worked it out after I stopped playing it and did it first time. Problem was I forgot how I got there and forgot I could go down the stairs and assumed I had to run around the top. Made some further progress.

• 3 weeks later...

Not played it for ages as rarely have time with kids, but reached a level with electricity in the corridor after the train level. Can't seem to find anyway to shoot panels or pull levels to make it stop plus can't run through it.

Not played it for ages as rarely have time with kids, but reached a level with electricity in the corridor after the train level. Can't seem to find anyway to shoot panels or pull levels to make it stop plus can't run through it.

Your going to kick yourself.............When ever you get to a point like this where you can not run through the electricity there will be a power box on the other side of the electricity wall. Shoot that and it will go off for good.

Are you kicking yourself yet :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Your going to kick yourself.............When ever you get to a point like this where you can not run through the electricity there will be a power box on the other side of the electricity wall. Shoot that and it will go off for good.

Are you kicking yourself yet :rolleyes:

Yes. Shot the sides of the wall but not the far end. Off to play for 1st time in weeks.

Archived