BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relationships

Hey guys, taking on board everything that's been said, in particular the last two posts, I think it would be a good idea to close this thread and for me to not post topics of this nature on the messageboard. I don't think it's an appropriate place to talk about things of this nature and I am worried that annoying people on here and I do apologise. Despite only being a messageboard, I enjoy posting on here and have done for years, so it does matter to me the regard that people might hold me in.

I'm not really a bad guy, I'm not the unhinged loser desperate for outside attention that I have come across as the last year or two. This topic, like a few others in the past, were posted at a real weak moment, this one was I was under the influence of alcohol, and possibly over-reacted. Anybody still reading this thread, I hope will read past my first entry and go on to the later ones where I write far more coherently and lucidly. Drinking combined with the internet is rarely a good idea!

I'd like to thank the people who have had kind words to say and will continue to speak to many via personal messaging rather than through the messageboard itself. Some people have commented that this messageboard is simply that, a messageboard. However, some of the people I have had the pleasure of talking to on here are some of the best people I've ever confered with, even if I have never met them. Some, in particular, have been unbelivable friendly to me and it's what makes this board such a nice one to frequent.

Cheers,

Trev.

EDIT: There are a few PMs tat I will reply to as soon as I get an opportunity.

No need to apologise - sometimes you just need an outlet and think you will feel better to get something off your chest. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It certainly nothing to be ashamed or regretful about.

Keep on keepin' on :rover:

You are putting the pussy on a pedestal.

You seem like a nice lad, get yourself out there, you will soon forget about her. Hit the gym, study hard, take up a martial art or get a new hobby. You will make lots of new friends and if you happen to find a new girlfriend so be it, and if not then enjoy it while you can as you will meet another girl soon who will drain you of all your spare cash and social activities :lol:

In two and a half years you go through a lot with a person, you enter a kind of contract and an understanding whereby you know that, if you ever break up, you have that responsibility to your other half to make it as easy a process as you possibly can and try to help them get through it as much as possible. What I cannot understand is that she could dump me, never tell me the exact reasons and then never let me get a proper chance to get any closure, before cutting me out of her life completely. I know she probably did that because it was the easiest way for her to get on with her life, but that isn't the way you should go about things. She ignored all my attempts at contact - letters, calls, texts etc. All I asked was that she let me know that she had received them and not thrown them away. She didn't even show me that courtesy. Going through the torment of not knowing how she felt about things, about me, the exact reasons she left me etc has tormented me ever since, and still does.

The bottom line , TCj , is that there is no easy way to finish it . She could have talked to you until you were both blue in the face but the end result would be the same . Yesterday she was yours ; tomorrow she's someone else's - and that is that no matter how many words are spoken . I can see the way it is viewed sometimes as being worse than death . It's not a nice anaolgy but there's no chance of someone coming back once they're dead - it's over and it's immaterial who has won and who has lost . Often it's the rejection that's eats people up rather than the attachment itself but that's the way it is and the more of both you go through the easier it gets . My advice , for what it's worth , is not to save yourself for the next perfect woman - go out with as many as you can regardless of their qualities (or lack of) - and don't pretend either you'll act like a knight in shining armour with them . You'll end up treating some of them as badly as she treated you , which wasn't badly at all from what I can gather from your posts . In other words you'll want to move on - it's not a crime and it's not immoral . Treat it like a game - some you win and some you lose ; there's more important things in life than women .

My advice , for what it's worth , is not to save yourself for the next perfect woman - go out with as many as you can regardless of their qualities (or lack of) - and don't pretend either you'll act like a knight in shining armour with them . You'll end up treating some of them as badly as she treated you , which wasn't badly at all from what I can gather from your posts . In other words you'll want to move on - it's not a crime and it's not immoral . Treat it like a game - some you win and some you lose ; there's more important things in life than women .

Amen to that.

It's much simpler looking back Phil.

Save up, see the world. Travel.

You'll end up with more friends than you can shake a stick at, all in a similar situation to yourself, and many of them will be mates for life.

Agree with this. Save up a bit, go away for a few months, see some great sights, meet some fantastic people. You'll come back a whole different person with whole new outlook on things, guaranteed. Nothing to lose, something to work towards and something you'll never, ever regret doing.

And theno - linking him to sambo's post wasn't something I'd even expect from you. Totally unnecessary.

And theno - linking him to sambo's post wasn't something I'd even expect from you. Totally unnecessary.

Was it? Might have been to you but I am attending the funeral of a close relative this afternoon so maybe I can see a comparison in sharper focus than you tgm. Thanks for the lesson in morality all the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Look on the bright side mate its so much harder being a dingle when asking a girl out and getting rejected is always such a rough experience. They always have some lame excuse like, "No, I'm busy tonight," "No, I have to study," or "No, I'm your sister."

Archived