BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United Preview

I watched a number of antics,involving Barton that started with an incident with a ball boy(?) in front of the JW stand. The ball was thrown at him harder than it needed to be (shades of what happened a number of years with a Bolton player-Diouf ? ). After he threw it, he turned round to the ball boy and did an inappropriate,and unnecessary, hand gesture.

After he was booked, instead of putting in a shift, he concentrated more on complaining to the ref.

After the third goal, he appeared to start off slating their striker who has recently come on, but as he wasn't getting anywhere with him, turned his attentions to Enrique. What also struck me was the peace making role Given played, as captain.

Quite clearly Barton has major problems on and off the pitch, and it is a real inditment of an industry that has so huge a turnover that there aren't systems in place to help such individuals, if indeed they are willing to accept such help.

Whilst I agree with the above I am surprised noone yet has mentioned Butt`s deliberate kick at Dunn after he was sent off. Butt kicked the ball with some venom at Dunny complaining that he had made the most of a challenge which led to him being sent off. I`m only glad Dunny managed to get out of the way of the missile.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whilst I agree with the above I am surprised noone yet has mentioned Butt`s deliberate kick at Dunn after he was sent off. Butt kicked the ball with some venom at Dunny complaining that he had made the most of a challenge which led to him being sent off. I`m only glad Dunny managed to get out of the way of the missile.

You're right. The way I saw it was that Butt was reluctant to walk off, started, then turned back and did what you described.

I was expecting he would get a longer ban for his stupid actions.

I`m only glad Dunny managed to get out of the way of the missile.

Yes I'm sure that a bag of wind can be a deadly weapon! :o

btw Tony.... do you work for the H&S Exec? :rolleyes:

btw 2....... I'm sure a point not misssed by JFK is that if Butt had struck his goal chance with as much venom and direction we'd have been 0-1 down on Sat!

Yes I'm sure that a bag of wind can be a deadly weapon! :o

btw Tony.... do you work for the H&S Exec? :rolleyes:

btw 2....... I'm sure a point not misssed by JFK is that if Butt had struck his goal chance with as much venom and direction we'd have been 0-1 down on Sat!

Theno, I`m a teacher; believe you me a bag of wind can be a deadly weapon!!

Archived