BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United Preview

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping RSC plays even if only to clap us goodbye.

Newcastle are beset with injuries we have a great chance and Sam no doubt will want to send their fans home with their tails between their legs.

I wonder if we'll see a BFS singing war between the fans?

3 points and our first step outta the relegation zone are on their way.

Kinnear was quoted earlier in the week as saying that they only had 11 fit players. Couldn't be a better time to play them. I want to say we could be out of the bottom three by Saturday evening but I daren't!

Cluk, Cluk.

We could be out of the bottom three come Saturday evening. :P Keep the faith.

COME ON YOU BLUES. :rover:

We need to win our remaining home games then take what we can away from home, all of our home games including the Villa/Spuds games are winnable matches, just like tomorrows game.

We stop Owen, we stop them and with their shambles of a defence (I know ours isn't anything special either) Benni and JR can capitalise on that and hopefully win us the game.

A win tomorrow with a game in hand should put a bit more pressure on the teams around us. Win v Newcastle, win our game in hand, and we're looking at having 24 points which as of right now would drag us out of the relegation zone and towards the top half of the table, which shows just how nobody from 8th downwards are not safe.

great news to see Dunn and Santa back for this game. team should be

Robbo

Emerton Nelson Samba Givet

Dunn Grella Warnock Gamst

Santa Benni

Like your thinking but Givet has nt played all season so should nt be fit, Warnock is a left back not a midfielder, Grella and Dunn is our no 1 central pairing so they should play together, and Roberts was awespme v City so why drop him?

RSC on the bench for me and if we do play Dunn on the right then Tugay should start

:rover: santa cruz should be know were near the team.he wants out and with our luck he would break a leg,sell him :brfcsmilie:

Give over, we all know when Roque is given a golden oppurtunity (ala the Roberts VS Sunderland) he will 8 out of 10 finish it off. No matter what the tranfser speculation is around him, Roque in the team is a real asset to us and gives us something none of our other strikers do. I'd be happy for him to come off the subs bench and hopefully get a winner, or put the game to bed.

3-1 Rovers

With Owen, i'm pretty sure Samba dealt pretty well with him last season up at the toon. He was immense that game along with Roberts. 3 Points will give us a massive boost and hopefully see us out the relegation zone.

Robinson
Ooijer--Samba--Nelsen--Warnock
Emerton--Grella-Dunn--Pedersen
Benni--Roberts

Will probably be the squad. Perhaps Givet, Carlos, Andrews, Brown, Simpson, Derbyshire and Cruz on the bench.

We could go like this but I can't see Givet being put straight in.

Robinson
Samba--Nelsen--Givet
Emerton-----------------Pedersen
Grella--Dunn
Cruz--Benni--Roberts

With Pedersen and Emerton playing as wingbacks. More of a 5-2-3 than a 3-2-2-3.

Like your thinking but Givet has nt played all season so should nt be fit, Warnock is a left back not a midfielder, Grella and Dunn is our no 1 central pairing so they should play together, and Roberts was awespme v City so why drop him?

RSC on the bench for me and if we do play Dunn on the right then Tugay should start

And that's you liking his thinking? Hehe.

I would like to see Dunn and Grella together in the middle but I'm not sure now, from the start, is the time.

I can't wait for tomorrow. My dad's coming with me too...just like old times (and I'm only 27).

• Backroom

A win would be very nice but even a loss here is not as drastic as some are making out, a few teams above us have tricky games.

I think we'll lose 2 -1 basically to Owen and his diving ways.

How many players do you want to play out of position?

sorry for the spelling error with Nelsen Eddie, (don't get your knickers in a twist!!) i agree some players might not be in there ideal position, but i think they would do a very good job against newcastle if they were fit

This is a game against a team that is very beatable and thus comes under the bracket of a must win. We've improved hugely under Sam and this is another chance for us to win some points. We've let 4 points go from our last games and a win could take us out of the relegation zone which would be a huge confidence boost to the players.

Rovers to win 3-0. McCarthy getting two and Santa Cruz scoring on his comeback.

I feel strangely unexcited at the prospect of this match, I used to look forward to the Newcastle game but not this season. A win should see us climb out of the relegation zone which would be great for morale.

This lady doesnt't like Sam: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/20...nited-blackburn

Insert link doesn't appear to be working

Can't help feeling that potential new signings might be looking at this game where if we win we edge a little closer to safety, a defeat pretty much confirms our relegation potential.

A must-win game IMO. Hoping for 2-0.

I feel strangely unexcited at the prospect of this match, I used to look forward to the Newcastle game but not this season. A win should see us climb out of the relegation zone which would be great for morale.

This lady doesnt't like Sam: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/20...nited-blackburn

Insert link doesn't appear to be working

She seems to be head of the Allerdyce Appreciation Society or is she Waggy in disguise?

Archived