BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Long Distance Rovers

Tom

• Backroom

So I noticed we have supporters from all around the globe on this site which is fantastic, I always wonder how this comes to pass and how you became fans of our glorius club. Some lads from Norway sat next to me at the Stoke game and their passion and knowledge of rovers was second to none.

I was just wondering how supporting rovers comes to pass for many considering the minimal media attwntion we tend to get here. Are you ex Blackburners, started supporting due to a fellow countryman in the squad (I believe Berg's presence helped us pick up support in Norway) or support Rovers for other reasons?

Also are you the only one in your area or do you know of any other long distance rovers.

Keep up the great support lads.

Rovers all over the world :rover:

There's a long history of watching and betting on English football in Finland. When I was old enough to start to understand something beyond the big names (Maradona, Lineker, ..) and the big tournaments (World Cup, Euro Champs), I was glued to the telly with my grandfather and our weekly bet coupon on saturday evenings. I don't recall any single incident, but as I didn't want to support any of the other more successful teams some friends of mine supported, Rovers became my team somewhere early nineties. So, partly random pick, but obviously the success back then played a big part.. no way I could've chosen a losing team like Oldham, Swindon or Forest - the taunt in our street games would've never ended.

I was chatting to my chiropractor today, who lives in China most of the time and travels back over for 5 days a month, and he said that Rovers are very well supported in Hong Kong. He said Liverpool, Rovers and Man U are the main ones. Anyone back that up? :)

I was chatting to my chiropractor today, who lives in China most of the time and travels back over for 5 days a month, and he said that Rovers are very well supported in Hong Kong. He said Liverpool, Rovers and Man U are the main ones. Anyone back that up? :)

I do not know about China, but there is a group of Rovers in Singapore who also have their own website.

I've done a fair amount of travelling in East, South and Southeast Asia and I've barely seen Rovers tops sold at the gazillions of fake-football top merchandise stalls around, its always the big 4 plus Newcastle, Spurs, been the odd Pompey and Everton shirt recently, and I'd imagine Villa shirts may start coming in soon. Hardly any Rovers though and when I say who I support to them they usually make some kind of disapproving face...

I do not know about China, but there is a group of Rovers in Singapore who also have their own website.

I'm from Singapore but i must say that there are very few Rovers supporters here. We're probably outnumbered 1000 to 1 by Man U or Liverpool fans. There was a time though (back when we won the title) we had a lot more Rovers supporters but it's probably better now without all the fake glory-seekers fans who are now all wearing Man U or Chelsea shirts.

I think the Far East has a liking to us, due to our glory days at the start of the Premier League...

Lets be frank, the only reason anyone from outside the UK shores has ever heard of us is the fact that we fought with United for a few years and won the Premier League...

I began supporting us in the summer of 1992, as a 10 year old in Dubai, when I opened up a MATCH magazine which had a poster of us saying we had just been promoted to the PL...I took a liking to the colors and from years of supporting which included posters of walls and opening the newspaper on Sunday mornings on the way to school to check our score from the night before, to listening to the BBC radio service after Saturday night matches to hear our score, to following on the Internet, traveling to England and finally watching every single match live here on cable, here we are now...

I lived in Blackpool all my life and have lived in Czech Republic for 3 years. Here id say there are 3 Rovers fans...in the country. But it's good to be different :rover:

As for distance. I try to get to 2 or 3 games a season. The furthest i've traveled was to Washington DC for a friendly which we lost on pens. Good few days though.

Lets be frank, the only reason anyone from outside the UK shores has ever heard of us is the fact that we fought with United for a few years and won the Premier League...

Ah well go down to the south west of england they seem to think the premiership is only four teams big.

I fell in love with rovers way back in February 1982 got dragged along by my uncle and father to a "business meeting" which turned out to be Stamford bridge.

Alas my uncles cunning plan to turn me into a Chelski follower backfired massively +1 Rovers supporter.

Over the years the two journeys that stick in my mind are when I lived in Perth shire.

1.) getting to the millennium stadium when the M6 is closed due to snow.

2.) Liverpool away next season, last minute idea (always the worst) I drove from my house in perthshire to andover to pick up my pool supporting mate. Then to Rovers as they wouldn't post the tickets and I couldn't pick up at Pool. Then to Pool watched game back to andover four hours sleep back to Perthshire and then work as soon as I arrived ( all I can say is thank god my team was the ###### )

Live in Norway and I think we are approx 250 members on the Norwegian Supporter Club (BRSCN).

Started liking Blackburn Rovers because of Henning Berg and because there was something special about the team. The odds was against me with a dad following Lpool and lots of my friend Scum supporters.

Today I am extremely happy I chose the right club :)

I have been over to Blackburn and Ewood Park once - christmas two years ago. I was very fornutate that I got to go to 2 wins. One at home against Boro where Shabani nonda scored the winner and one away at wigan where we battered them 0-3 !

We / Norwegian get a very good welcome when we are over. I think Rovers supporters might be the most sympathic supporters in the world.

Btw, Going over to see Stoke away on the 18th. Looking really forward to it !

I have supported Rovers since 1991. I started to play Championship Manager and found the name funny.

Since then i have supported Rovers and i have been at Ewood 1-2 times a year since 1997 where we lost to Man. Utd. 2-3, since then we have not lost at Ewood when i have been there. Neither away even though i only have seen 3 matches away from Ewood.

Here in Denmark the national TV station was showing a match every saturday, and from that i think like Sweden. Norway & Finland the big interest in English football has come.

Come on Rovers !

In Thailand there are around 1200 members logged on the official web site.

Surprising how many of the market stalls have our shirts next to the elite clubs of the world. :rover:

Thai official site

Be warned translator required.

Chok-dee Khrab.

Interesting...

Hehe... I must ask my girlfriend what there read/they say on the pages. I can speak Thai, but I not understand Thai characters only I can read "farangThai". :lol:

Hi.. I guess i'm the only ROVERS fan in the island of Malta..

Down here the premiership is followed more than the local league but liverpool,man u,totenham,arsenal,chelsea and west ham are the famous clubs,

I followed Rovers scince 1994 and Alan Shearer was the main reason,i watch Rovers on tv almost every weekend (i miss only when my local team (VALLETTA) are playing).. i also had the chance to give my support at the emirates stadium against arsenal but..it ended 6-2 for the gunners,I will be @Ewood for the first time on the 7th of feb against villa and i hope i'll bring some luck this time ...

It will be great if any1 of you can tell me which stand is the most lively at ewood,and..which bar shall i be in before the game:)

Jon Malta.

Hi.. I guess i'm the only ROVERS fan in the island of Malta..

Down here the premiership is followed more than the local league but liverpool,man u,totenham,arsenal,chelsea and west ham are the famous clubs,

I followed Rovers scince 1994 and Alan Shearer was the main reason,i watch Rovers on tv almost every weekend (i miss only when my local team (VALLETTA) are playing).. i also had the chance to give my support at the emirates stadium against arsenal but..it ended 6-2 for the gunners,I will be @Ewood for the first time on the 7th of feb against villa and i hope i'll bring some luck this time ...

It will be great if any1 of you can tell me which stand is the most lively at ewood,and..which bar shall i be in before the game:)

Jon Malta.

have you not heard of the famous philipl ?!!!!

Archived