BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gaël Givet

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who ever is saying givet is off form needs to sort themselves out!!! givet is always an extremely solid player even out off position!! givet had a solid half as he has all season... i agree last week was poor but its a rarity and over the last couple of years i have seen a lot of other players consistanly have bad matches, givet is a solid performer and he always gives his best which is more than can be said for a few of those players that wear our famous blue and white halves.

Givet's a good honest pro and doesn't deseve your dismissive tone.If you want to point the finger at contract 'runner-downers' you need to be focusing on the Zurab's and Ritger's of this world.

Put yourself in there shoes and ask whether you would do any differently? If I was earning £10K a week and only being offered £5K a week to move elsewhere with a family or my future to consider I doubt I would move. Is it really a waste of his best years if he can earn enough to provide for his family for many more to come? There's more for each of them to consider than just playing.

We could have moved Zurab on to Reading by paying him a smaller amount each week, but didn't. We could have sold Rigters to Kilmarnock but choose not too as well. We've had the opportunities to remove these leeches as you insinuate, but haven't done so.

Blame does not and cannot be aimed solely at their feet.

• 2 weeks later...

Having defended Givet very recently on this board today I felt he was shocking today.

He didn't really look like a footballer. Whenever he had the ball at his feet looked extremely uncomfortable, was found out at the back for pace, positioning and his tackling was off. When he did get near the ball at the other end of the pitch he looked panicked and overall was clearly our weak link of the side.

Grilling a player after a bad game or two is not the right or constructive way to go about things but this poor spell of form is continuing for a worrying long time now. This is not knee jerk but what in my opinion is becoming a worrying reality. If a specialized left back does come in during the transfer window I struggle to see Givet gaining much game time for the foreseeable future unless he can seriously buck his ideas up.

I still believe he is a good player but at left back has been found out. Without a switch back into the middle where competition for places is fierce he seems to be the weak link in a strong defense.

Having defended Givet very recently on this board today I felt he was shocking today.

He didn't really look like a footballer. Whenever he had the ball at his feet looked extremely uncomfortable, was found out at the back for pace, positioning and his tackling was off. When he did get near the ball at the other end of the pitch he looked panicked and overall was clearly our weak link of the side.

Grilling a player after a bad game or two is not the right or constructive way to go about things but this poor spell of form is continuing for a worrying long time now. This is not knee jerk but what in my opinion is becoming a worrying reality. If a specialized left back does come in during the transfer window I struggle to see Givet gaining much game time for the foreseeable future unless he can seriously buck his ideas up.

I still believe he is a good player but at left back has been found out. Without a switch back into the middle where competition for places is fierce he seems to be the weak link in a strong defense.

Givet was not the worst by a long shot, what about Nelson's ###### poor header that lead to their first goal?

I really do not see why Givet is coming in for such criticism just lately.

He's a commited player who did pretty well in my opinion today, and was not even at left back, we played him Nelson and Samba as a central three with Ollson and Salgado playing at left and right back respectivly.

Givet was not the worst by a long shot, what about Nelson's ###### poor header that lead to their first goal?

I really do not see why Givet is coming in for such criticism just lately.

He's a commited player who did pretty well in my opinion today, and was not even at left back, we played him Nelson and Samba as a central three with Ollson and Salgado playing at left and right back respectivly.

He moved to left back when we switched to 442.

starting to look a very ragged player, looks a different player to the one we signed who was outstanding.

needs to be taken out of the team for a while, whoever came in could'nt be worse at the minute.

i'd imagine he may go central with samba and jones injured but id stick hanley in myself.

i don't think salgado can see his place as untouchable now as well, getting killed for pace by quite poor players now not just the bale's and nani's of the world.

Archived