BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gaël Givet

• Backroom

As I've said a few times I would go 4-5-1 against United with Moko protecting the back 4, unless Warnock could do the job there behind Pedersen, Dunn, Grella and Diouf with Givet in at left back.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Warnock is a rubbish midfielder.

grella andrews mokoena vogel and pedersen are rubbish, at the very least warnocks got the pace and energy that none of them have. I'm happy enough to let Ooijer take us through to the end of the season at right back, he's not goona come up against young and ronaldo every match and is very useful at set pieces attacking and defending.

warnock in midfield seems the very obvious choice.

diouf--------dunn---------warnock--------(pedersen/treacy)

that looks a better midfield than we've fielded all season, pace, energy creativeness.

treacy looked suprisingly good when he came on today, very direct lot of running.

Sorry but Treacy is dreadful. Neverseen any player as lightweight and powderpuff in all my life.

Get Warnock on the wing, Givet at full back.

Givet looks solid and should play, we can't afford to mess around now, Sam has to be ruthless. Warnock is one of our better players usually but its just tough luck Givet plays in the same position.

The Warnock to right back is an interesting idea though and one I hadn't really thought about but its true he has to surely be better than Simpson and does have a lot of pace on Ooijer who is also out of position at right back. I'm not sure midfield is the place for Warnock but maybe he could adapt to right back.

After seeing him properly for the first time yesterday. Being thrown into the deep end VS United. I thought he played exceptionally well. His reading of the game really impressed me yesterday and how he dealt with dangerous situations. Made a few last ditch tackles and got them spot on.

For me Rovers' man of the match yesterday. Not many defenders can come to Old Trafford and put in solid defensive displays like his yesterday.

Great performance.

Anyone know what price we have agreed to buy him at the end of the season if he continues to impress? Also, we do have 1st option on him don't we?

It's no exaggeration to say that between them Givet and Diouf could save our season judging by their displays yesterday. Givet was excellent, Diouf showed flashes but hopefully together they can provide the mixture of solidity at the back and flashes of inspiration going forward that we so desperately need.

Agree. From what I have seen so far, both Diouf and Givet add real quality to our team.

Well I'm not here to sing his praises. I thought he did ok yesterday. At first he struggled with the pace of the game though adjusted well as it progressed. What was he doing on the first goal though ?

He's all left-footed playing at centre-half and he showed Nani inside just inviting a ball in towards Rooney.

For me Samba is head and shoulders above him..no pun intended.

After seeing him properly for the first time yesterday. Being thrown into the deep end VS United. I thought he played exceptionally well. His reading of the game really impressed me yesterday and how he dealt with dangerous situations. Made a few last ditch tackles and got them spot on.

For me Rovers' man of the match yesterday. Not many defenders can come to Old Trafford and put in solid defensive displays like his yesterday.

Great performance.

Anyone know what price we have agreed to buy him at the end of the season if he continues to impress? Also, we do have 1st option on him don't we?

Hope he does not do a Vogel on us.MOM against ManUre and never seen again.

• 2 weeks later...

he's an absolute bargain and we should snap him up as early as we can. he was outstanding again against fulham... no mistakes from him whatsoever. he looks assured with the ball which is more than i can say with our other defenders.

givet to em!

he's an absolute bargain and we should snap him up as early as we can. he was outstanding again against fulham... no mistakes from him whatsoever. he looks assured with the ball which is more than i can say with our other defenders.

givet to em!

indeed.

he seems really composed even in situations, where others might feel pressured. Good when being challenged by oppostion winger. If i recall correctly, the price being mentioned is 3 mill, which is an absolute bargain.

indeed.

he seems really composed even in situations, where others might feel pressured. Good when being challenged by oppostion winger. If i recall correctly, the price being mentioned is 3 mill, which is an absolute bargain.

Chicken feed considering that he is equally adept at centre half. His performances give the lie to foreign players coming in and reckoning to need a season to get up to the speed of the British game. It's a myth for a quality player.

We do need to make his loan move permanent as quickly as we possibly can. Do we have 1st option to sign him permanently?

Yeah we have 1st option and an agreed price, which im sure was £3m,

indeed.

Thats what I remember too - Maybe Nicko can clear it up??

Archived