BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gaël Givet

Pretty scary if the club has to haggle over £3m for a promising defender. :blink:

Well it's the modern way of things.

With a shortening contract you pay say £10m for a top defender with a long contract it's £7m for the fee and £3m for wages - the selling clubs terms.

As it shortens it becomes a footballers terms and £3m for the club and £7m in wages.

drevil.jpg

Ha Ha and wooth every penny!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 'must buy' for Sam this Summer.

Absolutely. He's been great at both centre back and left back. Given that Sam is talking about having a smaller squad of quality - this versitility - added to his constant high standard of performances make him a must buy. The chances of Nelsen, Samba and Warnock all being fit at the same time - or not needed elsewhere - is slim, and on the performances he's turned in regularly I reckon he'd probably be above all three in terms of names on the team sheet.

Olsson definately cost us points this season when Warnock wasnt available, Givet has probably helped us to gain a place or two as we can now have Warnock bombing around the park. Olsson was a liability when he played

Sign him Up!!

Olsson definately cost us points this season when Warnock wasnt available, Givet has probably helped us to gain a place or two as we can now have Warnock bombing around the park. Olsson was a liability when he played

Sign him Up!!

What did you think of Warnock today though?

IF and i say a big IF we manage to keep him i can see him being an unsung hero for rovers year in and year out, he just quietly gets on with his job nothing to fancy and and always there at the right time, he doenst seem to be a very public minded man which is great when you want to keep the light off him, i cant understand how he has been sat on the bench most of the year because of a falling out, he seems to be the kind of player to give 100% no questions asked.

He was over the moon today at our result and it was a pleasure to see a loan player react like this, CB's dont come cheap these days and ones that can shift to LB or RB well his signing is a must.

Quite late on in the game, STD threw himself in between the player and the ball so it ran out for a goal kick.

Givet ran over to STD helped him up and gave him what was sort of French hug, I think. (it could just have been a pat on the back)

The part STD played was what I would have expected from any player defending for us but Givet's reaction showed how much he is a part of the team and want's to be a part of it.

Sign him on, class act, you don't get much for 3m or do you.

Quite late on in the game, STD threw himself in between the player and the ball so it ran out for a goal kick.

Givet ran over to STD helped him up and gave him what was sort of French hug, I think. (it could just have been a pat on the back)

The part STD played was what I would have expected from any player defending for us but Givet's reaction showed how much he is a part of the team and want's to be a part of it.

Sign him on, class act, you don't get much for 3m or do you.

The suggestion that Sam might have to sell before he buys Givet is pathetic (if true). His value is much higher so we should make the investment no questions asked....

• Backroom

Givet has been class week in week out, hopefully the option to buy clause was cemented into the deal.

I thought for once Warnocks distribution was awful today, just seen him at a do in Langho and my mate asked him what was going on, he said Sam gave him a right rollicking after the match.

As an aside the ladies bloody love Roberts and Reidy bid £800 for a Gerrard shirt, must be a fan.

Hasn't done too badly in the transfer market, so far, old Sam. Diouf has filled the right-wing berth and injected passion and consistency to the side, and Givet has been dogged at the back. Now we just need the latter part of the equation signed up long-term!

Come on, where are the moaners here? Sam signed him, so surely he plays no nonsense football which can only be negative to the fans turning up to matches.

Class act who will only get better, just hope we sign him, because there is a queue.

As I said in the Portsmouth thread, someone should make a banner with something along the lines of 'please stay Givet' in French.

Tricky- you might end up calling for his arrest by mistake!

Definite must sign so far as I am concerned despite his enormous wages.

Centre backs like Givet who in Souness's terms "can sense danger before it happens " are few and far between. Arsenal were mentioned as being interested a few weeks back, we need to move quickly to sign him. Especially as Samba's exploits this season will have won him many admirers and holding on to him for next season will be very difficult.

Centre backs like Givet who in Souness's terms "can sense danger before it happens " are few and far between. Arsenal were mentioned as being interested a few weeks back, we need to move quickly to sign him. Especially as Samba's exploits this season will have won him many admirers and holding on to him for next season will be very difficult.

Agreed TSL - end of season could be too late.

Givet has been class week in week out, hopefully the option to buy clause was cemented into the deal.

I thought for once Warnocks distribution was awful today, just seen him at a do in Langho and my mate asked him what was going on, he said Sam gave him a right rollicking after the match.

As an aside the ladies bloody love Roberts and Reidy bid £800 for a Gerrard shirt, must be a fan.

Amazingly the Sunday Times gave Warnock the Man of the Match award with 8! Givet a 7. Was he at the game?

Amazingly the Sunday Times gave Warnock the Man of the Match award with 8! Givet a 7. Was he at the game?

Its like the player of the year award. On the official site Warnock is miles ahead of anyone. Yes he has done well for us, but Samba has been miles ahead.

Just in case Sam's reading this thread and is counting the Givet votes, please add mine. If it wasn't for Nelson I'd say he's been our best player since arriving. Total class, we can't afford to miss out on his signature, top player. Added bonus is he seems happy at the club and actually cares judging by his celebrations yesterday. Which is nice :rolleyes:

Its like the player of the year award. On the official site Warnock is miles ahead of anyone. Yes he has done well for us, but Samba has been miles ahead.

Warnock has on the whole been decent but i don't think he has been our best player this season, that has to be Samba for me. People are entitled to their opinions and its always good to hear what others think, even if you find it strange or different from your own.

On Givet i'd like to see him stay, but at the expense of Warnock? I'm not so sure.

Ideally i'd like the board to release some funds to keep both. If Sam has to sell Warnock to bring in Givet i don't have much hope in regards to our budget this summer.

Givet and Nelsen has looked a very sound central defensive combination. It will be interesting to see if they cope facing Chelsea next Sunday- that will be a true litmus test.

i still fear he could be snatched by a top side (either prem or elsewhere)... lets hope not.

givet was oustanding, at centre back, against man united.

Archived