BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A59 to A1 but come off the A1 shortly after you join - take J49 (dishforth I think) - A168/A19 al the way up. Turn off onto the A1231 and the Park and Ride should be signposted on your right - couldn't be easier. It's only slightly further distance wise but much quicker for Sunderland. Much less traffic and fewer mobile speed cameras on the A19 - plus you get to see the delightful smoggy skyline of Middlesboro from the comfort of a bypass. :rover:

When you get there you could:

1. Park in the city centre which isn't as arduouis as you may think as the stadium is a fair walk. Head for the station and take the metro to the Stadium of Light (costs about £1.20 I think)

2. Use the park and ride (if it's still there)

3. Go straight to the stadium (in which case just stay on the 1231 until you see a sign for "Roker" - getting out after is a pain though.

i would never go on the A59 you can save 45 mins going on the m62 trust me we come over for every home game from york

This is going to be a very tricky game, without a doubt! I've been told by a Villa supporting relative they played very well against them in the first 40 minutes, but then seemed to lose some momentum. I've heard this a couple of times lately off a Sunderland Fan I vaguely know as well, who said the exception was the Boro game, so it seems if we can hold through the first half, we stand a fairly half decent chance against them.

Could be interesting.

Hi folks,

Friendly Villa fan and regular reader of the site here. Got my ticket for my trip to Ewood today, looking forward to it.

Anyway as for Sunderland I wouldn't be too concerned yes they played well for the 1st half against us but that was as much about our performance as theirs they aren't much to worry about.

Kenwyne Jones is a handful and one who you will need a big powerful CB to deal with other than that their only other danger man is malbranque who is on his day a quality player.

However at the back they are poor and if you get in amongst them they will make errors. My prediction, if you can stay firm the first 20 mintues you will come out on top.

Good luck.

I would like to see us line up like:

Robinson

Simpson, Zurab, Ooijer, Olsson

Emerton, Dunn, Grella, Villaneuva

Santa Cruz, Derbyshire

This would be a strong side, with some first team regulars and important squad players, needing to get games to get back their fitness.

Robinson

Santa Cruz, Derbyshire

This would be a strong side, with some first team regulars and important squad players, needing to get games to get back their fitness.

I'd go with the same but Givet instead of Olsson

Lawrenson has Sunderland to win 1-0.

I am a big fan of Zura but worry he is coming up against the very fastest (Cisse) and strongest (Jones) when he has problems against extreme speed merchants and extremely strong opponents. Will be interesting to see if Sam exposes him to this test.

Just hope for no injuries and that if Villanueva is played, he is played where he should be- in the hole behind Santa.

I guess it is safe to assume that the City slow coaches will not have signed RSC by tomorrow!

Robinson

Santa Cruz, Derbyshire

I am not sure we can afford to play Derbyshire - he is completely ineffective, and Roberts is not the sort of player who needs a rest anyway - he's a beast! Samba needs to start to mark Jones. Simpson I could accept but there is no way i would start Olsson - Warnock or Givet need to play.

I think he has already said that Givet, Grella, Dunn and Santa Cruz will be starting so there are at least three changes from the Blyth starting eleven.

With those additions I am sure that we will be able to overcome Sunderland, their manager has basically stated that the cup will be on the back burner so they will be weakened also. My only fear is he out of practice Givet being placed in the center of defence, my hope is that he plays Khizanishvili with him and not Aaron Bloody Mokoena.

Feeling 3-0 on this one.

Does this mean that Gamst has to start with Treacy out or Olsen on the left and risk Warnock in defence?

I suppose midfield will be Grella and Andews/Tugay. Santa on his own upfront with Villanueva behind, who will be on the right hand side midfield and defence?

Seems that he will either have to play a bunch of youngsters or will have to play his first team.

sunderland-stadium-of-light-default_lrg.gif

Just got my tickets for the game tomorrow .... row 33 - lets hope they are selling from the back to the front :huh:

Just got mine - they told me that over 2200 tickets had been sold.

Four out of the six sections were sold out, whic I think are U39, 38 & 37 plus L36,35 & 34 onthatttached plan. Not bad - slightly more than the league match.

sunderland-stadium-of-light-default_lrg.gif

Just got mine - they told me that over 2200 tickets had been sold.

Four out of the six sections were sold out, whic I think are U39, 38 & 37 plus L36,35 & 34 onthatttached plan. Not bad - slightly more than the league match.

I really dont believe that to be honest, hope im wrong though but i was told about a thousand will be up there which is pretty decent. New poster by the way so im here to be shot at.

Archived