BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

To be honest I hope he plays a weakened side, not worth risking any injuries, I'd go with.

bunn

Simpson Zurab Givet Olsson

Judge Andrews Mokoena Treacey

Carlos

RSC

I'd expect maybe 1-1 or 2-1 to them but wouldn't be too disheartened with either. Would love a good cup run but i feel the last thing we need now is distractions.

Bunn

Emerton (workhorse) Samba Kish Givet

Judge Grella Moko Olsson

Carlos

Santa Cruz

If nothings happening Roberts to come on for Carlos push 2 upfront

Bunn

Emerton (workhorse) Samba Kish Givet

Judge Grella Moko Olsson

Carlos

Santa Cruz

If nothings happening Roberts to come on for Carlos push 2 upfront

and by that i mean UP UP front :blush:

1424: SUNDERLAND v BLACKBURN LINE-UPS

Sunderland: Fulop, Chimbonda, Ferdinand, Collins, Bardsley, Edwards, Leadbitter, Malbranque, Reid, Healy, Chopra.

Subs: Colgan, McCartney, Cisse, Diouf, Murphy, Jones, Yorke.

Blackburn: Robinson, Simpson, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock, Olsson, Mokoena, Grella, Pedersen, Roque Santa Cruz, McCarthy.

Subs: Bunn, Emerton, Khizanishvili, Andrews, Villanueva, Givet, Haworth.

Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire)

Olsson on the right wing? Surprised to see Samba and Nelsen starting...

1424: SUNDERLAND v BLACKBURN LINE-UPS

Sunderland: Fulop, Chimbonda, Ferdinand, Collins, Bardsley, Edwards, Leadbitter, Malbranque, Reid, Healy, Chopra.

Subs: Colgan, McCartney, Cisse, Diouf, Murphy, Jones, Yorke.

Blackburn: Robinson, Simpson, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock, Olsson, Mokoena, Grella, Pedersen, Roque Santa Cruz, McCarthy.

Subs: Bunn, Emerton, Khizanishvili, Andrews, Villanueva, Givet, Haworth.

Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire)

Olsson on the right wing? Surprised to see Samba and Nelsen starting...

More likely Pedersen or Santa Cruz with Warnock moving into midfield and Olsson at Left Back...4-5-1

I dont see the point of a 4-5-1 in a cup game, we dont need the hassle of a replay in our predicament.

For me its a 4-4-2 with Pedersen on the right wing, Olsson left bak with Warnock left midfield.

Looking at the bench there is not a lot of options if one of the front 2 get injured, God forbid of course.

Interesting about Jones being benched whilst supposed to be in talks with Spurs about a move.

Where does Mokoena go? Bizarre having both the axe and Grella start.

Another thought is Axe at right back and Simpson right wing with pedersen in the middle with Grella or even a back 5 with Axe as third central defender, Warnock, Grella and Pedersen midfield with Simpson and olsson as wing backs

Another thought is Axe at right back and Simpson right wing with pedersen in the middle with Grella or even a back 5 with Axe as third central defender, Warnock, Grella and Pedersen midfield with Simpson and olsson as wing backs

Putting several players off-position doesn't seem plausible when you can just throw Olsson to right wing, keeping the rest of the squad on their normal places?

Where does Mokoena go? Bizarre having both the axe and Grella start.

I would assume Mokoena and Grella play in the centre, with MGP on the right wing and one of Warnock/Olsson on the left side of midfield, and the other one in defense.

Archived