BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might be wrong, but I think I detected a faint clucking sound in that Mr. C.

I'd be scared too. Burnley seem to have found cup form this year, as we have done in previous years (well, not last year!) and most teams will be worried about playing them.

not the greatest of games, but if we had scabbed a goal and won 1-0 everyone here would be saying it was a professional job well done etc etc

looking forward to the replay - its such a long time since we played sunderland....

anyone else have trouble on the metro pre-match. there was some "incident" at newcastle station and the service was suspended from about 1.30 onwards. cost me 25 quid in a taxi :angry2: For that!

The BBC are hilarious.

Blackburn: Robinson, Simpson, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock (Givet 73), Olsson (Haworth 56), Mokoena, Grella, Pedersen, Roque Santa Cruz (Villanueva 66), McCarthy.

Subs Not Used: Bunn, Emerton, K'vili, Andrews.

Surely they have somewhere where they can cross check the spelling?

The Sunderland crew are even worse.

Team included

Morton Gamst Pederson

Rocque Santa Cruz

Beni McCarthy

But they spelt Khizanishvili correctly!

Been back about an hour, poor attendance at the game, but a good following from Rovers.

The fans made themselves heard and also made a few good chants.

Best player for us yesterday again was Samba. McCarthy did quite well, Grella was also good until crocked. Defence looked solid again, we made a few decent chances which we should of taken. Haworth looked quite good when he came on, he just lacks abit of experience and rather than shooting should of crossed the ball.

RSC - Put about 50% effort in, he wants out. Let him go, take anything over £17m for him, because he simply isnt worth it!

Might be wrong, but I think I detected a faint clucking sound in that Mr. C.

If you lived in an offshoot of Burnley and saw many Dingles every day, you'd realise why it's worrying.

Burnley are the in form team for the Cups this year. Hopefully it was just the Carling but I can see them doing well in the FA Cup too.

With a manager like Coyle, good players like Paterson and Eagles and confidence that they can beat any Premier League club, they could do us easier than you think.

And we don't want that happening.

Always thought you were just a CYBER fan.

Swindon must play strange tricks on the mind.

AND you even edited that cr*p?

Having had a season ticket with T4E I can assure you he is not "just a cyber fan".

anybody know why the family stand is going to be closed for the replay at ewood?

They often close it if they think we'll get a small crowd. Saves on stewarding and creates a better atmosphere if you fill the lower tiers up first. Annoying because I'll be going on my own to this one and would rather have sat in my own seat where at least I know the people around me but that's the way it is. if people were prepared to turn out in enough numbers they'd open it.

They often close it if they think we'll get a small crowd. Saves on stewarding and creates a better atmosphere if you fill the lower tiers up first. Annoying because I'll be going on my own to this one and would rather have sat in my own seat where at least I know the people around me but that's the way it is. if people were prepared to turn out in enough numbers they'd open it.

i reckon we might get a big crowd for this one epecially as its only £15 to get in. Sunderland normally bring a few to ewood as well.

Get past Sunderland then it's a tie against Coventry. Will give us a chance to amend the collapse last time we played them in the Cup.

Agreed. A decent cup run lifts spirits. Coventry at home should be a great motivator as they embarrassed Rovers last year. You can ask for no more in the cup than a home tie against lower league opposition. Man U/Arsenal/Leeds away are write offs.

Agreed. A decent cup run lifts spirits. Coventry at home should be a great motivator as they embarrassed Rovers last year. You can ask for no more in the cup than a home tie against lower league opposition. Man U/Arsenal/Leeds away are write offs.

I'd think we would do alright against Leeds to be honest.

Look at our history. We never win at Leeds. Even with them languishing Elland Road would not be a happy hunting ground.

After something like a 50 year gap, our last two trips to Elland Road produced wins I think.

In fact we have killed the invincibility of several winless away grounds in the very recent past- Man U, Newcastle and Luton (yes, prior to the 4-0 in the Cup we had been to Luton nearly 40 times and NEVER won as opposed to having a long wait at the other grounds) as well as Leeds.

So I think of the current crop of Premier League clubs, the longest gaps since a win are held by Hull and Stoke by virtue of not having played them for a very long time. All other Prem clubs have been vanquished on their own soil within the past decade with the dishonourable exception of WHam where we have to look back to 1994.

Archived