BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Flag.

It was actually the old flag we have had for a number of years. At a Fans Forum at the beginning of the season the club offered to buy a new lightweight flag if we could find enough volunteers to lay it out and collect it back again each home match. I tried through a thread to get some volunteers but only a couple offered so nothing happened. Subsequently others on the Forum have got enough folk together to do it so we agreed at last week's Forum that we would have a go yesterday, using the old flag. I presume it looked good from the rest of the ground - I was underneath it. Could just have done to have been a couple of minutes earlier as it was still going across as the teams went out but I'm sure that can be sorted.

It was great. As I said before, the only way was to actually give it a trial. Keep it up, please. Being what seems like the only one with a flag on the JWL, although it's small beer in comparison to The Big One, it's time we encouraged more to bring them.

It was great!

How long has Roar been a Drummer then?

Him and Roarina were walking up and down the front of the Riverside vs Man City with their drums. I think this was the first time they did it, well first time I noticed it anyway.

The first time was against Man City - there was no drummer before then this season.

And just as the atmosphere is beginning to improve as the ground is finally being weaned off the terrible drumming the club reintroduce one. Ridiculous. As ridiculous as having generic anthemic dross (The Killers) drown out any atmosphere the crowd could create before each half starts.

More or less all season, the club realised that we did need some kind of drummer

the drumming needs to be at the blackburn end, they are the ones who will make the most noise. if the blackburn end are singing others join, whereas the blackburn end doesnt always join in with the riverside when they are singing and it all sounds really quiet. only problem with it being roar + roarina in the blackburn end is they would have to sit down so as not to be in the way, which would suck for the kids.

oh yeah and can we stop playing the killers

it's hardly inspiring

I have to agree with Tooting in relation to the drummer situation ... The club and some on the FF seem obsessed(sp) with the idea of a drummer. Good to see the flag being used, hopefully it will be used before every home game. As for the timing of it, I think if it was used any earlier than it was yesterday and there wouldn't be enough people in the BBE lower to pass it around.

On a final note, I think the Bolton 'little flags' thing looked good on MOTD last night ... IMO though that would only work in a certain area of the ground AND if people brought them back match after match.

the drumming needs to be at the blackburn end, they are the ones who will make the most noise.

No no no!!! The drummer used to kill any chants started in the corner due to acoustics - he hears the chants at the back, starts drumming, but it's all out of time due to the speed that sound travels and the chant stops - all spontaneous chanting was stopped in its tracks. That is precisely why there was no atmosphere when we had a drummer and none for a while as we got used to not having drummer. To reintroduce drumming at the BBE would be atmospheric suicide. Would a 'drummered' BBE chanted "where did Shearer win the league?" No. Just 'Get into em' and 'Rovers' :wacko:

I have to agree with Tooting in relation to the drummer situation ... The club and some on the FF seem obsessed(sp) with the idea of a drummer. Good to see the flag being used, hopefully it will be used before every home game. As for the timing of it, I think if it was used any earlier than it was yesterday and there wouldn't be enough people in the BBE lower to pass it around.

On a final note, I think the Bolton 'little flags' thing looked good on MOTD last night ... IMO though that would only work in a certain area of the ground AND if people brought them back match after match.

I didn't think there could be anything worse than a mascot until the drumming mascot appeared :angry::angry:

These ****heads even had to go down to the Darwen End of the Riverside and compound our embarassment in front of the City fans. How I would love to arm myself with a hunting rifle and gun down those two ***** from the back of a landrover.

On the subject of pre match music this top tune could be very apt..........

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FY3V4ObYRsA

And just as the atmosphere is beginning to improve as the ground is finally being weaned off the terrible drumming the club reintroduce one. Ridiculous. As ridiculous as having generic anthemic dross (The Killers) drown out any atmosphere the crowd could create before each half starts.

I have posted this on a smaller thread but worth repeating. I have to disagree on the Killers selection.. it shows poetic genius from the Ewood PA. 'Are Human or We Dancer' is a question inspired by the late great Hunter S Thompson. ('I feel about disco the same way as i feel about herpes'). Hunter asked a question before his death (suicide - he presciently pointed out that the irony about the Edge was that 'you could only know about it once you have gone over it'). His question related to whether America was producing Humans (individuals with originality and invention) or Dancer (people who move to centrally controlled music, ostensibly individual but essentially slavishly conformist). Brandon Flowers talks of 'I get nervous when I see the open door' reflecting his fear of originality when entering the Human phase as opposed to the collectivist Dancer. 'Close your eyes clear your heart...cut the cord' he exhorts.

Rovers play the chorus as a rousing recognition of the triumph of Human over Dancer. A goal marks a seminal triumph of will and originality. A goal scorer represents the victory of mankind over the centralist control that State and Consumerism try to exert over the people.

Deeper and still more profound, the song sings to the fans. We are Humans. Not the Dancer that slavishly follows the Big 4 Big City Big Cup corporate armchair 'experience'. Where devotion is measured by the size of your bloated Club embossed credit card that feeds the devil that threatens our sport. Swimming against the vile tidal greed that pours from foreign pipelines into our English river is not easy. But we do it. Every year. We swim against their torrents that try to push us to ever darker corners. But ultimately we, the decent few, conquer that tide and surface on the other side of Milk and Honey. Dancer? Never. Are we Human? We are the Rovers

No no no!!! The drummer used to kill any chants started in the corner due to acoustics - he hears the chants at the back, starts drumming, but it's all out of time due to the speed that sound travels and the chant stops - all spontaneous chanting was stopped in its tracks. That is precisely why there was no atmosphere when we had a drummer and none for a while as we got used to not having drummer. To reintroduce drumming at the BBE would be atmospheric suicide. Would a 'drummered' BBE chanted "where did Shearer win the league?" No. Just 'Get into em' and 'Rovers' :wacko:

of course they would have sung it, it was a perfect set-up

the noise takes to long to get to the bbe from the riverside

there is still no atmosphere now

i guess we need a drummer who starts banging once every 20 minutes if it goes quiet, not continuous

I have posted this on a smaller thread but worth repeating. I have to disagree on the Killers selection.. it shows poetic genius from the Ewood PA. 'Are Human or We Dancer' is a question inspired by the late great Hunter S Thompson. ('I feel about disco the same way as i feel about herpes'). Hunter asked a question before his death (suicide - he presciently pointed out that the irony about the Edge was that 'you could only know about it once you have gone over it'). His question related to whether America was producing Humans (individuals with originality and invention) or Dancer (people who move to centrally controlled music, ostensibly individual but essentially slavishly conformist). Brandon Flowers talks of 'I get nervous when I see the open door' reflecting his fear of originality when entering the Human phase as opposed to the collectivist Dancer. 'Close your eyes clear your heart...cut the cord' he exhorts.

Rovers play the chorus as a rousing recognition of the triumph of Human over Dancer. A goal marks a seminal triumph of will and originality. A goal scorer represents the victory of mankind over the centralist control that State and Consumerism try to exert over the people.

Deeper and still more profound, the song sings to the fans. We are Humans. Not the Dancer that slavishly follows the Big 4 Big City Big Cup corporate armchair 'experience'. Where devotion is measured by the size of your bloated Club embossed credit card that feeds the devil that threatens our sport. Swimming against the vile tidal greed that pours from foreign pipelines into our English river is not easy. But we do it. Every year. We swim against their torrents that try to push us to ever darker corners. But ultimately we, the decent few, conquer that tide and surface on the other side of Milk and Honey. Dancer? Never. Are we Human? We are the Rovers

it's a rubbish song

i'd rather have requiem lacrymosa

I have posted this on a smaller thread but worth repeating. I have to disagree on the Killers selection.. it shows poetic genius from the Ewood PA.

I didn't post earlier, but I would like to say I enjoyed reading your posting the first time. Thanks very much for what you wrote.

Archived