BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Flag.

yeah, good to see the flag. think it should go from one side and back to where it started, think we'll get better with practice.

On another note, got to agree with pre match atmosphere. wigan have a radio Dj on and it works much better. I think some upbeat recent songs witha few classics would help. but repeating the same songs just gets boring really.

I also remember when I was younger, i would spend ages cutting up paper ready to be thrown before the game. I used to love it. I remember one game I was walking up the darwen end steps to te top tier and a guy handed me a huge bag of paper and was carrying about 5 or 6 massive bagfulls of the stuff. but you never see this anymore.the best you get is people ripping up their rovers return tickets.

Well why dont you start taking bags for the kids around you.... im sure Rovers dont promote it due to the tidy up later.

The flag was good and I agree it should go accross and then back again.

SG - Flares would be good.... see what the forum can do!

yeah, good to see the flag. think it should go from one side and back to where it started, think we'll get better with practice.

On another note, got to agree with pre match atmosphere. wigan have a radio Dj on and it works much better. I think some upbeat recent songs witha few classics would help. but repeating the same songs just gets boring really.

I also remember when I was younger, i would spend ages cutting up paper ready to be thrown before the game. I used to love it. I remember one game I was walking up the darwen end steps to te top tier and a guy handed me a huge bag of paper and was carrying about 5 or 6 massive bagfulls of the stuff. but you never see this anymore.the best you get is people ripping up their rovers return tickets.

guy behind me does it

i always get covered, i think he aims it at me

i dont mind though, cuz it looks good floating down to the lower bbe

We used to take tickatape to every game up until a few years ago, but noone really does it anymore.

It also cuts down on the recycling you have to do, just let Rovers do it instead :)

yeah and most people are hella scared of fraud and stuff so shred anything with their name on anyway so it wont be hard to find anything to chuck about

I have posted this on a smaller thread but worth repeating. I have to disagree on the Killers selection.. it shows poetic genius from the Ewood PA. 'Are Human or We Dancer' is a question inspired by the late great Hunter S Thompson. ('I feel about disco the same way as i feel about herpes'). Hunter asked a question before his death (suicide - he presciently pointed out that the irony about the Edge was that 'you could only know about it once you have gone over it'). His question related to whether America was producing Humans (individuals with originality and invention) or Dancer (people who move to centrally controlled music, ostensibly individual but essentially slavishly conformist). Brandon Flowers talks of 'I get nervous when I see the open door' reflecting his fear of originality when entering the Human phase as opposed to the collectivist Dancer. 'Close your eyes clear your heart...cut the cord' he exhorts.

Rovers play the chorus as a rousing recognition of the triumph of Human over Dancer. A goal marks a seminal triumph of will and originality. A goal scorer represents the victory of mankind over the centralist control that State and Consumerism try to exert over the people.

Deeper and still more profound, the song sings to the fans. We are Humans. Not the Dancer that slavishly follows the Big 4 Big City Big Cup corporate armchair 'experience'. Where devotion is measured by the size of your bloated Club embossed credit card that feeds the devil that threatens our sport. Swimming against the vile tidal greed that pours from foreign pipelines into our English river is not easy. But we do it. Every year. We swim against their torrents that try to push us to ever darker corners. But ultimately we, the decent few, conquer that tide and surface on the other side of Milk and Honey. Dancer? Never. Are we Human? We are the Rovers

An excellent post iamarover, are we not Rovers or are we ******, very thought provoking, definitley agree about it being played at Ewood on a regular basis.

I have posted this on a smaller thread but worth repeating. I have to disagree on the Killers selection.. it shows poetic genius from the Ewood PA. 'Are Human or We Dancer' is a question inspired by the late great Hunter S Thompson. ('I feel about disco the same way as i feel about herpes'). Hunter asked a question before his death (suicide - he presciently pointed out that the irony about the Edge was that 'you could only know about it once you have gone over it'). His question related to whether America was producing Humans (individuals with originality and invention) or Dancer (people who move to centrally controlled music, ostensibly individual but essentially slavishly conformist). Brandon Flowers talks of 'I get nervous when I see the open door' reflecting his fear of originality when entering the Human phase as opposed to the collectivist Dancer. 'Close your eyes clear your heart...cut the cord' he exhorts.

Rovers play the chorus as a rousing recognition of the triumph of Human over Dancer. A goal marks a seminal triumph of will and originality. A goal scorer represents the victory of mankind over the centralist control that State and Consumerism try to exert over the people.

Deeper and still more profound, the song sings to the fans. We are Humans. Not the Dancer that slavishly follows the Big 4 Big City Big Cup corporate armchair 'experience'. Where devotion is measured by the size of your bloated Club embossed credit card that feeds the devil that threatens our sport. Swimming against the vile tidal greed that pours from foreign pipelines into our English river is not easy. But we do it. Every year. We swim against their torrents that try to push us to ever darker corners. But ultimately we, the decent few, conquer that tide and surface on the other side of Milk and Honey. Dancer? Never. Are we Human? We are the Rovers

after finally bothering to read that properly

here is what i think

its rubbish and is in no way inspiring, neither the players or the fans are listening to the lyrics before kickoff, you need mood music. since when have football fans been known for their lyrical interpretations? hunter is indeed a great writer, i like a lot of his work, but it doesnt really have place here where people are not listening to the words. do you think mokoena will be thinking 'dear god, this music is like perfect, oi benni, listen to the lyrics!'

you can make any song fit around football

for example i could say bring back final countdown because erm, countdown is like erm, there's a clock and its counting down till full time and, like, theres a lot of finals in football and erm, we'd like to get to some and, hmm, er, it was written by a band called Europe, and we want to play in europe

see, easy

after finally bothering to read that properly

here is what i think

its rubbish and is in no way inspiring, neither the players or the fans are listening to the lyrics before kickoff, you need mood music. since when have football fans been known for their lyrical interpretations? hunter is indeed a great writer, i like a lot of his work, but it doesnt really have place here where people are not listening to the words. do you think mokoena will be thinking 'dear god, this music is like perfect, oi benni, listen to the lyrics!'

you can make any song fit around football

for example i could say bring back final countdown because erm, countdown is like erm, there's a clock and its counting down till full time and, like, theres a lot of finals in football and erm, we'd like to get to some and, hmm, er, it was written by a band called Europe, and we want to play in europe

see, easy

The big difference being that Final Countdown rocks!

Archived